If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

** SIGNED ** 2018 - Abdou Ndiaye, 6-9/200, PF The Nation Christian Academy

RedbirdSoxFan
Sophomore

Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:49 am

Officially enrolled in school and added to the team roster. Does that mean he is cleared to play?

Adunk33
Senior

Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:20 am

RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
Officially enrolled in school and added to the team roster. Does that mean he is cleared to play?
No.

JHBird
Junior

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
No.
Hey Adunk,

When is the drop dead date for this? Or do they already know he won't be eligible. I heard when Hawkins & Mac had that happen to them they weren't allowed to train at all with the team. That would really suck for Abdou, who probably needs more of a support group given he came from another country (via Fla, etc). I'm hoping they changed that rule so he could at least be treated like any redshirt freshman or transfer student. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.

Bird Friend
Senior

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:30 pm

JHBird wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:
RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
No.
Hey Adunk,

When is the drop dead date for this? Or do they already know he won't be eligible. I heard when Hawkins & Mac had that happen to them they weren't allowed to train at all with the team. That would really suck for Abdou, who probably needs more of a support group given he came from another country (via Fla, etc). I'm hoping they changed that rule so he could at least be treated like any redshirt freshman or transfer student. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated.
MiKyle came from another country, too . . . ;)

JHBird
Junior

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:21 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:30 pm
JHBird wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:

No.
Hey Adunk,

MiKyle came from another country, too . . . ;)
I forgot that. He only spoke Canadian when he came here, but he picked up english pretty quickly.

V Boy
Sophomore

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:07 am

Just listened to mid-major madness interview with Muller. He basically went through entire roster. No mention of Ndaiye. Muller mentioned Josh Jefferson as being the last new eligible player added to the team. That pretty much sums up the situation right there.

Adunk33
Senior

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:30 am

JHBird wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:
RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
No.
Hey Adunk,

I don't know of a specific date. But like I've suggested when this was brought up the first time, have guarded optimism in regards to his eligibility. The NCAA could still be reviewing this, too. If I remember correctly, John Jones, who was a project out of Barbados was on campus like 2 years before the NCAA determined he was eligible, but was only granted two years of eligibility. As a life-long Redbird fan, I assume he won't be eligible because we don't get nice things. If he is, then I will be very excited.

Regarding the support system and everything, there are 3 FL kids on the roster, who could help him out, one of which (Rey) he will have all of his classes with, and I assume they are roommates. Regarding his progression, if ineligible, he is unable to perform in any official team activities including lifting, practices, sitting on the bench during games or anything of that nature. However, he can enter the weight room after the team finishes and might "find" a workout sheet that was "accidentally" left by a member of the team. He could also play in the pick-up games the team has, but the coaches can't be there, obviously. Some teaching might go on there too, from player to player.

StLRedbird
Sophomore

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:59 am

The Nation's website has this:
NCAA Certified

All of our courses are approved and cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse. Our knowledgeable staff will set a success plan that will allow for achievement on the court, field, and in the classroom.
Hope this works out.

Adunk33
Senior

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 am

StLRedbird wrote:
NCAA Certified

All of our courses are approved and cleared by the NCAA Clearinghouse. Our knowledgeable staff will set a success plan that will allow for achievement on the court, field, and in the classroom.
Hope this works out.
I'm guessing The Nation is not the issue. Its the school that abruptly closed, CGM Prep Academy Arizona.

JHBird
Junior

Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:00 am

Well, if he has to sit out then I hope he can put on 30 lbs during his 'off year'. Last year I was dying to see Copeland play, this year it looks like it will be Abdou. There will be a bunch of new faces playing for us next year I guess.

StLRedbird
Sophomore

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:44 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 am
StLRedbird wrote:
NCAA Certified

Hope this works out.
I'm guessing The Nation is not the issue. Its the school that abruptly closed, CGM Prep Academy Arizona.
The Nation brags quite loudly about their expertise in the area of NCAA compliance. Did they shirk a responsibility to begin setting this process in motion knowing the kids recent past? If TN wants to crow about compliance expertise, they should walk the walk I think.

TIMMY
Junior

Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:07 pm

The kid was only at The Nation one semester of his transcript. I'm not a fan of these joints but I don't think the problem was with them. From what I can tell CGM flew the coop. Getting anything out of them may be next to impossible.

For all of you youngsters out there. When looking at high schools. Pick a real one.

isuquinndog
Site Admin

Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:35 am

The Nation just feels....slimy....to me. Their coach acts more like a Don King hype man type.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

MadBird
Sophomore

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 am

isuquinndog wrote:
The Nation just feels....slimy....to me. Their coach acts more like a Don King hype man type.
I suspect this will not be a popular comment, but why are we involved with kids and coaches like this for cripes sake?? There's talent around that would not require dealing with this kind of mess. Coach Dan wears me out with the churn, the "drama", the problems, etc. I know, I know, we need to take a chance, blah blah blah. Just isn't my favorite way to get the job done.

Adunk33
Senior

Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:35 am

isuquinndog wrote:
I can see why some people might feel this way. His tactics are very in-your-face. However, it is a prep coach's job to develop these kids and get them to the next level. Woody over there has done that. Obviously, we have offers out to two other kids that played with Abdou. Ole Miss, UNLV, Wichita State, etc have all offered guys from there. The Nation is still pretty new and word of mouth is the cheapest form of advertising. We'll see how this all plays out. Just to reiterate, I do not think The Nation is the issue with the NCAA.

Adunk33
Senior

Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Its move-in here on campus and all of the athletic teams volunteer. Abdou was with the team today. Not that it means anything. Slow news day

ISU FAN 1
Senior

Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:27 pm

The team ceiling is higher this season if Abdou is eligible. Already had enough bad news and playing short with the Clarance defection. Either some good news, or the curse continues.

Bdub777
Freshman

Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:16 pm

My feelings as well.
isuquinndog wrote:

Jsnhbe1Birds
Junior

Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:29 pm

Bdub777 wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:16 pm
My feelings as well.
isuquinndog wrote:
The Nation is pulling in some good athletes now. Muller will be looking at his new crop. Tall kid from Canada. 7 footer from Africa. 6'8 kid from africa.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Junior

Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:01 pm

64 days until the first exhibition game and 71 days until the first real game. Any news YET?

• Information