ESPN+ and the future of MVC on ESPN3

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
ThisIsTheLineup
Sophomore

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:35 am

If it is an only 80-event package, then I don’t believe football and basketball would be involved. Just those two alone would be more than 80 games. If you add baseball and softball, among other sports...

Unless I missed something in that article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PurpleRedbird
Freshman

Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:32 am

ThisIsTheLineup wrote:If it is an only 80-event package, then I don’t believe football and basketball would be involved. Just those two alone would be more than 80 games. If you add baseball and softball, among other sports...

Unless I missed something in that article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I thought it was 80 events this spring.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

StLRedbird
Sophomore

Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 pm

Any idea if the MVC get a cut? Could this be a significant revenue stream for the Valley? Sorry, no idea about the numbers involved here...

Reggie Redbird
Sophomore

Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:00 pm

StLRedbird wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:21 pm
Any idea if the MVC get a cut? Could this be a significant revenue stream for the Valley? Sorry, no idea about the numbers involved here...
MVC events in general don’t move the needle. I believe this is a cash grab by ESPN above and beyond whatever ad revenue they can sell beyond Purina and Country during MVC games on ESPN3. MBB and FB games may draw ok as Internet-based content but there is a reason a lot of the other events are produced by students and rely heavily on student labor.

cubird
Freshman

Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Hopefully, Benson will ask Lyons if the Valley schools will receive any revenue with this subscription service. That may make a difference if fans are on the fence about subscribing. Never liked that my cable rates went up because of the Big Ten Network was added without me requesting the service.

SoCalRedbird
Freshman

Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:10 pm

cubird wrote:Hopefully, Benson will ask Lyons if the Valley schools will receive any revenue with this subscription service. That may make a difference if fans are on the fence about subscribing. Never liked that my cable rates went up because of the Big Ten Network was added without me requesting the service.
Heard that Comcast is dropping the BTN from regular programming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Redbirdfan21
Sophomore

Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:38 am

SoCalRedbird wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:10 pm
cubird wrote:Hopefully, Benson will ask Lyons if the Valley schools will receive any revenue with this subscription service. That may make a difference if fans are on the fence about subscribing. Never liked that my cable rates went up because of the Big Ten Network was added without me requesting the service.
Heard that Comcast is dropping the BTN from regular programming.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Only in states that do not have a B1G school it in...

isuquinndog
Site Admin

Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:51 pm

LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

• Information