If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

2019 - Chris Payton, 6-7/205, SF, Bloomington, IL

DBird
Freshman

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:48 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:42 am
And if you don't come mow my lawn I'd certainly not call you scumbag for it. Get out and enjoy some nice weather this weekend. Sounds like you need some vitamin D.
No I wouldn't call him names either . What I would possibly do is try the other kid a few blocks away to mow my lawn as I have heard he also does a nice job and is more reliable!!

In other words....Move on!!

DoubleDeuce
Sophomore

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 am

The guy that mows my lawn is a real scumbag. Speaking of, I better get to mowing before it gets too hot.

TIMMY
Junior

Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 am

Move on dbird? Not until someone starts an Almost Redbird thread and he's drooled on for the next 6 years

RedbirdSoxFan
Sophomore

Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:53 am

isuquinndog wrote:
And if you don't come mow my lawn I'd certainly not call you scumbag for it. Get out and enjoy some nice weather this weekend. Sounds like you need some vitamin D.
If I verbally committed to you that I would come over and mow your lawn and then didn’t do it, that would make me a liar, irresponsible, & untrustworthy.
If I verbally commit to come and play basketball for you and then don’t do it, that makes me a liar, irresponsible, & untrustworthy. So I guess you are correct, calling him a scumbag was out of line. I apologize!
As for my getting outside and getting some Vitamin D, I had my grandkids from Boston in town last week, took them to Six Flags Monday, Knights Action Water Park on Friday, and two times to my step daughter’s swimming pool. And now I’m sitting outside enjoying the sun as I am typing this. Working on my tan for the trip to Cayman Islands to watch the players that Verbally Committed to Illinois State and actually stuck with their commitment.
Can’t wait till November.
“Go You Redbirds”

The Beak
Freshman

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:11 am

RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
isuquinndog wrote:
If I verbally committed to you that I would come over and mow your lawn and then didn’t do it, that would make me a liar, irresponsible, & untrustworthy.
If I verbally commit to come and play basketball for you and then don’t do it, that makes me a liar, irresponsible, & untrustworthy. So I guess you are correct, calling him a scumbag was out of line. I apologize!
As for my getting outside and getting some Vitamin D, I had my grandkids from Boston in town last week, took them to Six Flags Monday, Knights Action Water Park on Friday, and two times to my step daughter’s swimming pool. And now I’m sitting outside enjoying the sun as I am typing this. Working on my tan for the trip to Cayman Islands to watch the players that Verbally Committed to Illinois State and actually stuck with their commitment.
“Go You Redbirds”
Milik Yarbrough, Dedric Boyd, Jaycee Hillsman, Matt Chastain, Keith Fisher are ISU Players who originally committed to other programs.

Are they also liars, irresponsible, & untrustworthy?

DBird
Freshman

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:25 am

TIMMY wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 am
Move on dbird? Not until someone starts an Almost Redbird thread and he's drooled on for the next 6 years
Yeah, Looks as though you are correct TIMMY!

RedbirdSoxFan
Sophomore

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:19 pm

The Beak wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:11 am
RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
isuquinndog wrote:

“Go You Redbirds”
Milik Yarbrough, Dedric Boyd, Jaycee Hillsman, Matt Chastain, Keith Fisher are ISU Players who originally committed to other programs.

Are they also liars, irresponsible, & untrustworthy?
Milik is the only one that I could even come close to knowing his reasoning for leaving. I’m guessing that it was the same as is was for Marcus Arnold, Justin Dentmon, Nic Moore, Reggie Lynch, and Deonte Hawkins; they felt they were too good for Illinois State and the MVC.
As for the others on your list, I don’t know their circumstances as to why they left their coaches. Did their coach get fired, did they not get along with their coach or teammates? One thing I do know, is that they all did at least fulfill their Verbal Commitment to at least go to play for that coach they committed to. I can not comment on them leaving if I don’t know the reason they left. Maybe in the case of Matt, Porter told him he would not be receiving much playing time. Maybe Porter knew what we now know, that Matt would be having problems with his knee for a long time.
What I do know is that Chris Payton had a good relationship with Coach Muller & the players on the team.

Redbirdwarrior
Sophomore

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:38 pm

When Chris Payton said he was coming to ISU, he was just barely 17 IF THAT. He might have still been 16. I couldn't leave a store without changing my mind about what candy bar to buy three times and you want to call him a classless liar because a 16 year old kid couldn't make a decision about literally the entire course of his life. Mind you, when he made that decision, he was as removed from being 11 as he was close to being of legal drinking age.

Let me ask you, Redsox: Ever quit a job? You signed an agreement that you would continue to work so long as you kept being paid. Are you a liar, irresponsible or untrustworthy?

You need to lighten up on the kid, who is CLEARLY and ISU fan and supporter. The kid has a chance to be among the best college basketball players in the country. And when that happens, top programs battle for you and when that happens NBA scouts take notice and when that happens you can get an NBA contract. You seen this off season? Marcus Smart, who sucks, just signed 2 years for $40,000,000. He will have enough money for his entire family to retire on for 3 generations because one NBA team thinks he is good enough to sit on a bench 38 minute a game.

If this kid wants to keep himself open to being recruited by Wisconsin, Michigan State, Duke or whomever- cool. He never signed anything and has the right to change his mind.

He could still come here, but he isn't going to do it if a bunch of entitled douchebags are questioning his character for virtually no reason.

SgtHulka
Junior

Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:51 pm

:roll:
RIP Frank Y, Mother Hulka, Berg, Ray F, Jim and Janet T

MPE773
Freshman

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:53 pm

Maybe we should call the new Stadium Bag policy the Scumbag policy.

Redbird28
Freshman

Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:58 pm

Redbirdwarrior wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:38 pm
When Chris Payton said he was coming to ISU, he was just barely 17 IF THAT. He might have still been 16. I couldn't leave a store without changing my mind about what candy bar to buy three times and you want to call him a classless liar because a 16 year old kid couldn't make a decision about literally the entire course of his life. Mind you, when he made that decision, he was as removed from being 11 as he was close to being of legal drinking age.

Let me ask you, Redsox: Ever quit a job? You signed an agreement that you would continue to work so long as you kept being paid. Are you a liar, irresponsible or untrustworthy?

You need to lighten up on the kid, who is CLEARLY and ISU fan and supporter. The kid has a chance to be among the best college basketball players in the country. And when that happens, top programs battle for you and when that happens NBA scouts take notice and when that happens you can get an NBA contract. You seen this off season? Marcus Smart, who sucks, just signed 2 years for $40,000,000. He will have enough money for his entire family to retire on for 3 generations because one NBA team thinks he is good enough to sit on a bench 38 minute a game.

If this kid wants to keep himself open to being recruited by Wisconsin, Michigan State, Duke or whomever- cool. He never signed anything and has the right to change his mind.

He could still come here, but he isn't going to do it if a bunch of entitled douchebags are questioning his character for virtually no reason.
Marcus Smart signed a 4 year, 52 million dollar fully guaranteed deal, but that doesn't mean he sucks. It means the NBA pay system is majorly jacked up. He also doesn't sit on the bench for 38 minutes a game. Last season he averaged 29.9 mpg as a 23 year old after averaging 30.4 as a 22 year old. He's getting paid for his intensity and defense which seems like a super steep price to pay for those 2 qualities.

Anyway, the overall point you make is directly on point. Leave every recruit alone, not just this one. They have a right to choose their own path, and until they physically sign on the dotted line nothing is certain in recruiting. That applies to every school, not just ISU.
Feel free to follow me @RPKraemer on the Twitter Machine. Always up for talking Redbird Hoops and Football. Go Birds!

cpacmel
Junior

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Recruiting talk starts about 1:10 into the video. Chris says he wants to decide in the fall. Illinois State still very much in the picture.

Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:52 pm

cpacmel wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:40 pm

Recruiting talk starts about 1:10 into the video. Chris says he wants to decide in the fall. Illinois State still very much in the picture.
Good to hear.

Adunk33
Senior

Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:05 am

Latest offer from MTSU

I'm disappointed in myself for not making the Dunson-Payton connection earlier. Nevada will surely offer, have a great year this year and be the front-runner IMO.

BTbird
Freshman

Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:04 am

Thanks for posting! Hopefully he will want to stay home when it is all said and done.

ISU FAN 1
Senior

Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:36 pm

I really don’t care what route Payton’s recruiting path takes, just so long as he eventually ends up a Redbird. I think he’ll be a stud at ISU, and sincerely hope we are fortunate enough to acquire this talented young man.

JHBird
Junior

Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 am

He's the kind of local player we'd like to land. Exciting player to watch and I bet would bring a lot of fans from town to Redbird Arena. He still has no big time offers so maybe our chances are improving again.

RBFANTOO
Freshman

Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:16 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:36 pm
I really don’t care what route Payton’s recruiting path takes, just so long as he eventually ends up a Redbird. I think he’ll be a stud at ISU, and sincerely hope we are fortunate enough to acquire this talented young man.
Yes! :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1:
Redbird Nation Rising

cpacmel
Junior

Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:20 am

DoubleDeuce
Sophomore

Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:26 am

cpacmel wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:20 am
Well, it's certainly teams we can compete with.

• Information