If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

South Dakota St.

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Total Red
Junior

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:22 pm

jamminjamarsmiley wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:55 am

In passing efficiency Davis comes in at 94th In the FCS.
Factor in that Davis has had to play in terrible weather conditions with his top 2 receivers missing so I don't agree with your description of his play which I deliberately left out. It's rude and obnoxious. I have the same feeling towards fans that have shouted insults at him during games. Sometimes Davis has played well and sometimes he hasn't but he's always busted his butt to help this team win and now the team is 7-3 and headed towards the playoffs. I don't know what our record would be without him but it wouldn't be as good. I'm grateful that Davis elected to come here to play.
saxman210
Sophomore

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:33 pm

I was very disappointed in some of Brady’s play yesterday...but he got the job done.

Brady’s biggest problem is decision making. I think he has the physical ability but sometimes he makes some terrible decisions. Some examples were the safety and his completely ill advised scramble that resulted in the fumble that we were able to recover. Those are the two plays that can’t happen.

We are Running Back U of the MVFC. If we could figure out a way to develop good QBs, our teams would click a lot better on offense year in and year out. We caught lightning in a bottle with Tre, haven’t been QUITE as lucky with Brady.
#RedbirdTwitter: twitter.com/saxman210
jamminjamarsmiley
Sophomore

Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Total Red wrote:
jamminjamarsmiley wrote:

Factor in that Davis has had to play in terrible weather conditions with his top 2 receivers missing so I don't agree with your description of his play which I deliberately left out. It's rude and obnoxious. I have the same feeling towards fans that have shouted insults at him during games. Sometimes Davis has played well and sometimes he hasn't but he's always busted his butt to help this team win and now the team is 7-3 and headed towards the playoffs. I don't know what our record would be without him but it wouldn't be as good. I'm grateful that Davis elected to come here to play.
Yes and all 93 ahead have played in pristine conditions with all American receivers.

Davis also has a guy at Rb who everyone seems to think should be a Walter Payton candidate. Let’s not act like his cupboard is bare.

Good for fans who voice their opinions at games. Not everyone has to agree with you. Being critical of a team or player should not be silenced. That’s part of what makes sports fun. Sorry your views aren’t everyone’s views
fourthandshort
Senior

Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:05 pm

jamminjamarsmiley wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:46 pm
Total Red wrote:
jamminjamarsmiley wrote:

Yes and all 93 ahead have played in pristine conditions with all American receivers.

Davis also has a guy at Rb who everyone seems to think should be a Walter Payton candidate. Let’s not act like his cupboard is bare.

Good for fans who voice their opinions at games. Not everyone has to agree with you. Being critical of a team or player should not be silenced. That’s part of what makes sports fun. Sorry your views aren’t everyone’s views
I think you need to remember these are student-athletes, not professional athletes. Ive been critical of his play and was especially critical of his cocky talk ... and i wonder if I crossed a line. I don't think I did, but I voiced some frustration having to do with how many years he's been doing this and all the unfulfilled talk. I did it because I though it needed to be said. But I don't believe I ever tried to personnally insult him ...just criticised his play and talk. Someone can tell me if I did.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!
TIMMY
Senior

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:27 pm

fourthandshort wrote:
I think you need to remember these are student-athletes, not professional athletes. I've been critical of his play and was especially critical of his cocky talk ... and i wonder if I crossed a line. I don't think I did, but I voiced some frustration having to do with how many years he's been doing this and all the unfulfilled talk. I did it because I though it needed to be said. But I don't believe I ever tried to personally insult him ...just criticized his play and talk. Someone can tell me if I did.
4th there's nothing wrong with being critical. There's nothing wrong with voicing frustration. I don't remember you ever personally insulting anyone. You're a good guy who bleeds ISU football. You're invested. We need more guys like you.
I foed the guy a long time ago. My bad for clicking on it. It sure as hell wont happen again!
The FOE feature is easily accessible on the top line of your User Control Panel. :D
PurpleRedbird
Sophomore

Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:55 pm

TIMMY wrote:
jamminjamarsmiley wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 8:37 pm
I’m still here guys. Don’t worry I can accept that i had no faith in isu and they won they game. You act like I’m going to go into hiding?

This is the first quality win, however to be honest isu got a lot of breaks today, but that shouldn’t hold anyone back from enjoying the win.

I still stand by my opinion that Davis is a crap QB and supported by the fact his coaches don’t trust him to throw on 3rd n 5. They bring in two tight ends and predictably run. He didn’t really do a whole lot today to persuade me otherwise. He had another really bad interception. The SDSU qb looks just as bad in my opinion which leads me to beleive their playoff chances are limited.

They have sealed their playoff bid now. Hooray!
I'm happy to report I have never called an ISU student athlete a crap anything. My thought is only someone who couldn't bounce a ball with 2 hands would consider it. Absolutely clueless about what it takes to put on a uniform and go out and compete. No one who has ever worn the an ISU uniform deserves that. Not ever. Repulsive.

Sorry I clicked on this. I thought maybe after a game like yesterday's you might have something decent to post. Wrong again. I'll go back to following my own advise.
That's why you foe him.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jamminjamarsmiley
Sophomore

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Foe away and you can all continue the kool aid chat. I don’t agree with a lot of opinions here but I don’t foe people because I’m an adult and can have an actual debate and conversation with people who have a different view than myself.

Love u guys! GO BIRDS
jamminjamarsmiley
Sophomore

Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:42 pm

TIMMY wrote:
fourthandshort wrote:
I think you need to remember these are student-athletes, not professional athletes. I've been critical of his play and was especially critical of his cocky talk ... and i wonder if I crossed a line. I don't think I did, but I voiced some frustration having to do with how many years he's been doing this and all the unfulfilled talk. I did it because I though it needed to be said. But I don't believe I ever tried to personally insult him ...just criticized his play and talk. Someone can tell me if I did.
4th there's nothing wrong with being critical. There's nothing wrong with voicing frustration. I don't remember you ever personally insulting anyone. You're a good guy who bleeds ISU football. You're invested. We need more guys like you.
I foed the guy a long time ago. My bad for clicking on it. It sure as hell wont happen again!

I’m invested as well considering I’ve been going to isu games and donating money My entire life. Probably forgot more about isu sporting events than many on here know.

Also- calling Davis a crap qb is really not personally insulting. I’m insulting the guys performance on a football field, if you get butt hurt over that comment I don’t think you’ve ever been around real competition in your life... oh wait I forgot u coached Hs football my apologies
fourthandshort
Senior

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:21 pm

jamminjamarsmiley wrote:
TIMMY wrote:
fourthandshort wrote:

I’m invested as well considering I’ve been going to isu games and donating money My entire life. Probably forgot more about isu sporting events than many on here know.

Also- calling Davis a crap qb is really not personally insulting. I’m insulting the guys performance on a football field, if you get butt hurt over that comment I don’t think you’ve ever been around real competition in your life... oh wait I forgot u coached Hs football my apologies
you rarely are on the football forum .. why did you decide to start posting now and mainly negativity ??
Virginia Redbird
Sophomore

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:26 pm

StLRedbird wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:38 am
I was gonna post that we shouldn’t get too excited about this win - the bunnies self-destruction gave us the W. But after watching the game again, that’s not true at all. Every one of those TOs was forced. We’ll go as far as our D takes us.

SDSU @ UNI next week, so they jump out of the frying pan into the fire. We might get a seed after all.

Virginia is right. There was one receiver on downfield on the safety. And Birdswin is right, too. We run WAY too many of those kinda plays
Thanks for the confirmation St. I can't criticize Brady for the play on the safety. One receiver pattern and according to the announcers that receiver fell down. Brady had no one to throw to and he was under real pressure. It looked like he was either going to get sacked for a safety or he had to toss it away. He could not get out of the pocket. He threw it where it was not going to be intercepted. I think it was going to be a safety no matter what. Probably not a bad play call...nobody anywhere probably expected a pass from the run-heavy Redbirds from their own endzone. Bad luck on the receiver falling down. If they hit that play and get out of the shadow of their own end zone everyone is congratulating them on a gutsy play call and cheering. Such is the nature of the game. I would like to see them pass more often on 1st and 2nd down. Even if they don't complete the pass it gives the defense something to think about and be aware of. Okay so maybe it is 2nd and 10 but running into an 8 man line we are getting 2nd and 8 or 2nd and 9. Not really much difference.
“When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!”
John Madden
Virginia Redbird
Sophomore

Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:47 pm

At a Chicago Bears game in the 80s, I heard a fan commenting (at the top of his lungs in curse-filled explicative and in a drunken state) how bad the backup QB was. Do you know how good you have to be just to make an NFL roster? Absolutely, they are not all Tom Brady but they are all very good athletes. This is not the NFL and this is not Power 5 football but these kids playing FCS are very good athletes or they would not be there on scholarships. Not saying they should not be criticized and some are better than others but these are good athletes. I am assuming they are all good kids as well since Spack does have a track record of intolerance for poor behavior and non-adherence to team rules. Amazing how the Birds just beat a top team and this is the discussion on the board.
“When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!”
John Madden
Retire 12
Sophomore

Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:29 pm

fourthandshort wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:21 pm
jamminjamarsmiley wrote:
TIMMY wrote:

you rarely are on the football forum .. why did you decide to start posting now and mainly negativity ??
He's here because we played well and our fans are on a "high"

He's trying to knock the fanbase down a few pegs because that's exactly what trolls do. He brings absolutely nothing to this board other than an always negative point of view which should have been removed a long time ago. Trolls always post negatively. This guy picks these spots to do it.

YES, I know we just beat the #4 team in the country on the road... BUT!!!!

this, is the definition of a troll.
RBFANTOO
Sophomore

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:23 am

Why can't we just enjoy the fact that we just beat the #4 team in the country on the road? Frankly, I was very pleasantly surprised, and I'll bet there weren't many that really thought we would win this game.
Redbird Nation Rising
Total Red
Junior

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:24 am

jamminjamarsmiley wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:58 am
The defense deserves a lot of credit, they won the ballgame...
The "D" is definitely shutting things down and forcing turnovers. Do you have a favorite?
Racine Bird 3813
Freshman

Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:31 am

Big road win! Hopefully we can win the next two to finish 9-3. The loss to N. Iowa stings a little.
Total Red
Junior

Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:52 am

btw Himmelman did NOT catch a pass for a 2 pt. conversion. It was backwards, a lateral and Himmelman should be credited with a rushing conversion...….. Great play either way!
gobirds85
Junior

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:07 am

Total Red wrote:
btw Himmelman did NOT catch a pass for a 2 pt. conversion. It was backwards, a lateral and Himmelman should be credited with a rushing conversion...….. Great play either way!
That was a great play. When he got the ball at the 10, I was thinking "no way is he going to make it", and I am glad to be proven wrong. Play of the game.
fourthandshort
Senior

Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:30 am

Total Red wrote:
And how many left tackles could run it in and leap over the tackler like that ... at 6'10" and 335 lbs no less ... dude is a freak.

Side note, they ran at least 4 trick plays and we stuffed all 4 I believe. We run th the one and succeed .... just loved that. Took guts and imagination ... and execution !!!
StLRedbird
Sophomore

Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:59 am

fourthandshort wrote:
Side note, they ran at least 4 trick plays and we stuffed all 4 I believe. We run th the one and succeed .... just loved that. Took guts and imagination ... and execution !!!
Ya gotta figure that fact wasn't lost on the 7K or so in Dykhouse. Hee hee. Live by the sword, right?
fourthandshort
Senior

Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:51 pm

StLRedbird wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:59 am
fourthandshort wrote:
Ya gotta figure that fact wasn't lost on the 7K or so in Dykhouse. Hee hee. Live by the sword, right?
if my team goes 0-4 on trick plays and is struggling to move ball with their vaunted run game, I would be one frustrated fan watching failed trick plays. And then watch our LT dive in for 2 pt conversion. .. that had to hurt to watch if youre an SDSU fan. Our assignment and gap discipline is usually pretty good .. so it make some sense, that those plays might work against some defenses but not ours.