If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

2019 Interest - based on tweets and follows

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior
Posts: 1627
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:02 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:13 pm
It appears LuWane Pipkins, 5'10 guard from UMASS will grad transfer at the end of this season. The Birds recruited him hard out of Chicago-Bogan. He has 1 year of immediate eligibility and has been a starter most of his career. This season he averaged just over 16 ppg, 5 rebounds, and 5 assists (3 TO). His % don't look great except he is 80% from the FT line.

Could be a nice add if he's a true PG, but looks to be more of an off the ball guy.
LuWane is a great athlete. He would likely be ISU's best football player if he choose to play that sport. Recall watching one of his high school playoff games where in same game he was 15 for 15 from the free throw line and 7 of 7 from 3s. ISU would be fortunate to get him but i don't see it happening. Pipken's "handlers" got some decent cash when he committed to UMASS, so I am told.
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:28 pm

2019 - Tre Edwards, 6-6/165, SG, Canada (Link Year Prep)
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/tr ... eedwards23

2019 - Nathan Johnson, 6-7/205, Sunrise Christian Academy
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/nathan-johnson-ia

2019 - Antonio Reeves, 6-3, SG, Chicago Simeon
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/antonio-reeves
Image
Redbirdfan21
Sophomore
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm
Location: Springfield, IL
Contact:

Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Redbirdfan21
Sophomore
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm
Location: Springfield, IL
Contact:

Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Offered Reeves
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:58 pm

2019 - Titus Wright, 6-9/250, PF (post), Thomasville, GA

http://www.locksway.impwebservice.com/2 ... t-players/
Image
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:02 pm

2019 - Kasean Pryor, 6-8, wing, Las Vegas, NM
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kasean-pryor
Image
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:45 pm

Image
User avatar
Redbird28
Sophomore
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:54 am

Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:45 pm
6'9" / 250. Coke Machine that appears to be able to finish with both hands and has decent footwork on the block... but can he play any defense?
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 am

Interesting that 4-6 weeks ago Muller was asked "are you recruiting any bigs for next season," he said all of his bigs are currently on the bench with Abdou, Taylor, Keith, Jaycee, and Rey. I don't hate him going for more size and physical players, but could this be hinting at a departure?
Redbird Alum 2004
Senior
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 am
Interesting that 4-6 weeks ago Muller was asked "are you recruiting any bigs for next season," he said all of his bigs are currently on the bench with Abdou, Taylor, Keith, Jaycee, and Rey. I don't hate him going for more size and physical players, but could this be hinting at a departure?
Perhaps he is seeing all of the good bigs that are leaving the conference and has decided that he should employ a true 5 with a 4 and then guards. Maybe run a more traditional style offense that didn't rely on the three. Or could mean that Abdou isn't progressing.
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1324
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:45 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 am
Interesting that 4-6 weeks ago Muller was asked "are you recruiting any bigs for next season," he said all of his bigs are currently on the bench with Abdou, Taylor, Keith, Jaycee, and Rey. I don't hate him going for more size and physical players, but could this be hinting at a departure?
I think it's all part of an elaborate cover up by the man
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm

Redbird Alum 2004 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am
Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 am
Interesting that 4-6 weeks ago Muller was asked "are you recruiting any bigs for next season," he said all of his bigs are currently on the bench with Abdou, Taylor, Keith, Jaycee, and Rey. I don't hate him going for more size and physical players, but could this be hinting at a departure?
Perhaps he is seeing all of the good bigs that are leaving the conference and has decided that he should employ a true 5 with a 4 and then guards. Maybe run a more traditional style offense that didn't rely on the three. Or could mean that Abdou isn't progressing.
Or could mean that Abdou isn't truly "a big" . . .
Image
Redbird Alum 2004
Senior
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:37 pm
Redbird Alum 2004 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:25 am
Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:22 am
Interesting that 4-6 weeks ago Muller was asked "are you recruiting any bigs for next season," he said all of his bigs are currently on the bench with Abdou, Taylor, Keith, Jaycee, and Rey. I don't hate him going for more size and physical players, but could this be hinting at a departure?
Perhaps he is seeing all of the good bigs that are leaving the conference and has decided that he should employ a true 5 with a 4 and then guards. Maybe run a more traditional style offense that didn't rely on the three. Or could mean that Abdou isn't progressing.
Or could mean that Abdou isn't truly "a big" . . .
Good point
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm

2019 - Jalen Windham, 6-4/170, SG, Indianapolis
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-windham

Image
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1867
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:29 am

Bird Friend wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm
2019 - Jalen Windham, 6-4/170, SG, Indianapolis
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-windham

We've had a pretty good player come out of Ben Davis before...
Redbird78
Freshman
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:58 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:29 am
Bird Friend wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm
2019 - Jalen Windham, 6-4/170, SG, Indianapolis
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-windham

We've had a pretty good player come out of Ben Davis before...
Let's hope he knows Tony!
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:19 pm

Redbird28 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 am
I said it somewhere else, but I'd really like to see us go after Jalen Moore. Kid can fill it up, is a winner, and runs point. He's currently at Olney Central College. He played with Cooper Neese at Cloverdale. Yes, the same Cooper Neese who just made the all freshman team at Indiana St. Neese averaged 27.2 ppg, and Moore averaged 27.5 ppg during Neese's senior year. Outside of his height, I'm not sure why this kid landed at OCC. He sure looks like the type of kid who could help our team .

OCC plays today at 3pm in their region 24 tournament and is supposed to be broadcast on facebook.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/h ... 082546001/
Moore is listed on OCC's website as a frosh, so unless he qualified out of HS, we won't be adding him this year. Additionally, he isn't listed on Verbal Commits, which means he's not known in the scouting circles.

He averaged 19.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 7.9 apg, 2.3 TO. Almost 8 assists per game in Juco ball is something. He also shot 47.4% FG, 40.8% 3FG, 78.1 FT%. He's only 5'9", so that's going to count against him.
Image
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm
2019 - Jalen Windham, 6-4/170, SG, Indianapolis
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-windham

Visiting Creighton today.
Image
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2107
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:44 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm
2019 - Jalen Windham, 6-4/170, SG, Indianapolis
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/jalen-windham

Visiting Creighton today.
Creighton
Image
Post Reply