If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Redbird Arena Renovations

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Adunk33
Senior

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:09 pm

I think those Loge Boxes are going to be cooler than I anticipated.
Humdinger
Senior

Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Adunk33 wrote:

I like them ALOT.
redbirdron1
Freshman

Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:18 am

I stepped into the Arena last week as we deposited our daughter at Hewitt Hall. There's a lot
to do but it's probably like an erector set.....once you get the base bleacher in place kind of a plug and play
with popping those seats up.
I will tell you they had maybe 10 of the boxes framed in and they will be a nice addition. Lots of carpenters in
the building and they were all hustling.
DoubleDeuce
Junior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:38 am

11 weeks until tip-off. These are the kind of updates I'd like to hear for that time span. No arrests, academic issues, or injuries.
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:40 am

Volleyball starts really soon. I think Muller said the court is going down this week.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
TIMMY
Senior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:32 am

DoubleDeuce wrote:
11 weeks until tip-off. These are the kind of updates I'd like to hear for that time span. No arrests, academic issues, or injuries.
Injuries can happen to anyone and I don't want to jinx it but this sure seems like a good group of kids.
ricohill
Senior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:20 am

Adunk33 wrote:

They don't look as bad as I expected. I will miss the clean look Redbird had with seats all the way up to the top. Sounds like sales haven't been great for them. The thing I hate is giving up good lower bowl seats if they don't fill these.
TIMMY
Senior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:14 am

Well I made the mistake of clicking on yet another negative post.

ISU has in fact sold 52 of the 76 loge seats available for season ticket purchase. They are $75 more than the season tickets below them in each section. But the donation is $1000 per seat compared to the $175, $375, or $575 it takes to purchase the lower bowl seats below them.
I have little doubt any remaining seats will be gobbled up when they become available. I hope there are some for the games I have on my calendar.
ricohill
Senior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:16 am

TIMMY wrote:

ISU has in fact sold 52 of the 76 loge seats available for season ticket purchase. They are $75 more than the season tickets below them in each section. But the donation is $1000 per seat compared to the $175, $375, or $575 it takes to purchase the lower bowl seats below them.
I have little doubt any remaining seats will be gobbled up when they become available. I hope there are some for the games I have on my calendar.
Sold and given away are two very different things....and my guess is most nights they sit empty. I'm guessing you got your number by counting the number on the ticket website. My source in the athletic department said a few of those boxes are for corporate donors.
TIMMY
Senior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm

ricohill wrote:
TIMMY wrote:

Sold and given away are two very different things....and my guess is most nights they sit empty. I'm guessing you got your number by counting the number on the ticket website. My source in the athletic department said a few of those boxes are for corporate donors.
No guessing please. Now back you go on the list.
ricohill
Senior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:04 pm

TIMMY wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:14 pm
ricohill wrote:
TIMMY wrote:

No guessing please. Now back you go on the list.
Wish there was a tear emoji for you...
ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:38 pm

ricohill wrote:
TIMMY wrote:

There have been so many empty seats at rba for over a decade that alternative ways to bring in revenue is needed esp in this day and age. Why people are only fixated with butts in the seats as a measure of financial success (especially financial) for athletics is confusing. Fans that buy season tickets and ultimately stay home and watch the game via some form of media is a double contributor as eyes balls watching from afar pays revenue over time too. Univ of Wisconsin with their big time football, big time basketball, big time hockey, and big time volleyball programs receive far less from ticket sales than they do from their media rights. ISU ticket sales are only 1.8 mm out of 28mm total receipts (although may be a bit higher due to mandatory wsf donations). Either way ISU doing things differently in house and away is a good thing, IMO, as current funding model for ISU athletics has been and is a poor performer when compared to the norm in D1 athletics.
ricohill
Senior

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:42 pm

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
ricohill wrote:
TIMMY wrote:

There have been so many empty seats at rba for over a decade that alternative ways to bring in revenue is needed esp in this day and age. Why people are only fixated with butts in the seats as a measure of financial success (especially financial) for athletics is confusing. Fans that buy season tickets and ultimately stay home and watch the game via some form of media is a double contributor as eyes balls watching from afar pays revenue over time too. Univ of Wisconsin with their big time football, big time basketball, big time hockey, and big time volleyball programs receive far less from ticket sales than they do from their media rights. ISU ticket sales are only 1.8 mm out of 28mm total receipts (although may be a bit higher due to mandatory wsf donations). Either way ISU doing things differently in house and away is a good thing, IMO, as current funding model for ISU athletics has been and is a poor performer when compared to the norm in D1 athletics.
I don’t have a problem with luxury places in the arena. I have more of an issue with taking out 500-750 of the best seats in the arena (middle sections of the lower bowl to do it). At some point ISU basketball won’t be terrible and now you lost great seats (that have an impact on the environment in the arena) for 72 spots in goody boxes jutting out of the lower bowl. If they found a way to do this in the upper bowl or like Illinois use the end zone seats that would be great.

Why remove seats for real fans so people that just have money to blow can have a “loge box”? Stick these in the end zone and the people buying them would still get them. It’s just a social thing for them. The Cardinals and the Cubs didn’t take out seats near the field to build their luxury areas. They used their least used areas.

Also, now fans in the lower bowl have worse seats because there are less seats.
jamminjamarsmiley
Freshman

Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:27 pm

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
ricohill wrote:
TIMMY wrote:

Attendance is continuing to dwindle each year at RBA. If someone is willing to pay a premium for a loge box, I think they’re insane but good for isu. I’m not sure what the real advantage is? If there is free food and drink it won’t be anything that special. Any lower bowl seat on the sidelines provides really nice views so that isn’t really an upgrade. The only thing it provides is a social gathering space during the games. To a certain group of clientele that will be nice. Not something worth paying a premium for, for the average fan.

Maybe it’s a good spot for Suzy Davis travel and Clemens & associates?
Trey_Guidry4three
Sophomore

Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:06 am

DoubleDeuce wrote:
Be careful. Saying things that make sense but appear negative are not good around here. I'd consider this a warning if I were you.
Adunk33
Senior

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:15 am

http://www.videtteonline.com/multimedia ... bb4b6.html

The moat is still bigger than I anticipated, but this is a major improvement. It will look so much better having court-side seats instead of a media table the full length of the court.
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:30 am

Looks great!
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
DannyCooksey
Senior

Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:43 pm

enormous improvement. looks awesome. great work by all.

i didn't realize how bad it had gotten until seeing the renovated pics. awesome and much needed
redbirdron1
Freshman

Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:54 am

Great remodel. Enjoyed the ISU win over U of I last eve as we sat
in our new lower bowl seats - really nice.

And.....everything just had a real good feel to it last night as the kids games were
more fun/entertaining, music and the lady on the floor doing the announcing was good.

Now they only had a couple concession areas open so the lines were way too long - maybe they didn't
expect the crowd size of 4,000.
HailISNU
Freshman

Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:08 am

happy to see the improvements but man I hope they have a plan for the front of those boxes. the arena suddenly looks pretty generic with enormous empty white rectangles surrounding it
May thy banner gently waving,
Emblem be of truth and right;
Ev'ry storm and tempest braving,
Long live Normal's Red and White!