If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

One shining moment...

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Post Reply
gobirds85
Junior
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:31 am

Since bball will now take a hiatus from our lives until November I just wanted to get some feedback on this year's tourney.

bu played incredibly well in the first round. Very impressive. I stand corrected as I thought they were going to get pummeled. They didn't.

So much chalk in the first two rounds you could choke. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the favorites were 16-0 on Sat/Sun and 13-3 ATS. No Cinderellas for you.

duke, once again, a wee bit overrated.

FTs, FTs, FTs...I'm looking at you, Kentucky.

Watching Tacko Fall and JA Morant was a blast! Few players are worth the price of admission, these two are.

The two best things about the tourney...Vegas and the fact that dicky v doesn't call the games.

Question...should the ncaa look at moving the final four to Thursday night and play the championship on Sat? Pros and cons.
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:01 pm

gobirds85 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:31 am
Since bball will now take a hiatus from our lives until November I just wanted to get some feedback on this year's tourney.

bu played incredibly well in the first round. Very impressive. I stand corrected as I thought they were going to get pummeled. They didn't.

So much chalk in the first two rounds you could choke. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the favorites were 16-0 on Sat/Sun and 13-3 ATS. No Cinderellas for you.

duke, once again, a wee bit overrated.

FTs, FTs, FTs...I'm looking at you, Kentucky.

Watching Tacko Fall and JA Morant was a blast! Few players are worth the price of admission, these two are.

The two best things about the tourney...Vegas and the fact that dicky v doesn't call the games.

Question...should the ncaa look at moving the final four to Thursday night and play the championship on Sat? Pros and cons.
Duke's "rating" was very subjective. They were the most talented team in the tourney player-by-player than anyone else. But they're youth and immaturity was also reason for concern. Most of the pundits agreed they could win it all while also saying they could lose against the right team. Well . . .

This tourney is all about match ups, and sometimes really good teams face "lesser" teams that match up really well. The Blue Devils faced two of those and then a team "equal" to them back-to-back-to-back. Duke is also a case in point about the need for a PG who can hit the 3 consistently (and Jones couldn't).

As to moving to Thu/Sat . . . the semi-final usually has the better games and IIRC the better ratings . . . so until that changes the NCAA would be foolish to change it.
Image
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1437
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm

The 8:20 start for the championship is bad. Cut out some of the pregame BS and move it up to a 7:30 start
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm

SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm
The 8:20 start for the championship is bad. Cut out some of the pregame BS and move it up to a 7:30 start
:text-+1:
Image
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:05 pm

That's 5:30 pm on the west coast. Not happening. It should start right at 8 though.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 2420
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm
SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm
The 8:20 start for the championship is bad. Cut out some of the pregame BS and move it up to a 7:30 start
:text-+1:
Scrap the Katy Perry crap. Quit trying to turn the NCAA pregame game into the Super Bowl halftime show.

And, I didn’t need to see ISU’s One Shining Moment again. The last play of the game at Missou State came in #4 in the top 10 college basketball plays of the year on ESPN’s College Gameday Preview show.

That said, now that I’m retired, I get to nap and sleep whenever the hell I want. My boss seemed to frown on that.
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:16 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm
SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm
The 8:20 start for the championship is bad. Cut out some of the pregame BS and move it up to a 7:30 start
:text-+1:
Scrap the Katy Perry crap. Quit trying to turn the NCAA pregame game into the Super Bowl halftime show.

And, I didn’t need to see ISU’s One Shining Moment again. The last play of the game at Missou State came in #4 in the top 10 college basketball plays of the year on ESPN’s College Gameday Preview show.

That said, now that I’m retired, I get to nap and sleep whenever the hell I want. My boss seemed to frown on that.
Did they note the double dribble in the MO-St finale?
Image
Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 1543
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:02 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 pm


That said, now that I’m retired, I get to nap and sleep whenever the hell I want. My boss seemed to frown on that.
Mr. Steinbrenner??
User avatar
TIMMY
Senior
Posts: 1003
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: 1050 W Addison

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:21 am

Image
Metamoron
Sophomore
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:38 pm

isuquinndog wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:05 pm
That's 5:30 pm on the west coast. Not happening. It should start right at 8 though.
But 930 in eastern time zone.

Oh for the days of tape delay broadcasts on the west coast!!!
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1437
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Metamoron wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:38 pm
isuquinndog wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:05 pm
That's 5:30 pm on the west coast. Not happening. It should start right at 8 though.
But 930 in eastern time zone.

Oh for the days of tape delay broadcasts on the west coast!!!
Maybe they should just play the game twice
Tpguy
Junior
Posts: 646
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:22 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:06 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:36 pm
SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:49 pm
The 8:20 start for the championship is bad. Cut out some of the pregame BS and move it up to a 7:30 start
:text-+1:
Scrap the Katy Perry crap. Quit trying to turn the NCAA pregame game into the Super Bowl halftime show.

And, I didn’t need to see ISU’s One Shining Moment again. The last play of the game at Missou State came in #4 in the top 10 college basketball plays of the year on ESPN’s College Gameday Preview show.

That said, now that I’m retired, I get to nap and sleep whenever the hell I want. My boss seemed to frown on that.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Is your mattress stuffed with cash ? :whistle:
Post Reply