If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

2019 Thomasville (GA) C Titus Wright

User avatar
NaperRedbird88
Freshman
Posts: 40
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:26 pm

@VerbalCommits: 2019 Thomasville (GA) C Titus Wright has received an offer from Illinois State. (HT @AlbEliteTigers) @titus_wright10 http://verbalcommits.com/players/titus-wright
redblood
Freshman
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Going up against the usual top programs for our guys...Canisius, Alabama St, UT Hyphen something or another. Looks like another recruiting trip to nice warm weather for our coaches. Good grief plenty of 2 star diamond in the rough guys in Illinois
birdlife
Sophomore
Posts: 240
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:03 am

according to this, he only qualified as of Mar 22. so that could be why no one else has been interested.
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1493
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 am

Nope, can't be. We only go up against low majors. Don't put other factors that no one here knew about into a discussion slamming Dan. How dare you.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1437
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:31 am

Looks too much like Ron Funches. Pass

Actually, I like that. Go get him Dan!
User avatar
TIMMY
Senior
Posts: 1003
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: 1050 W Addison

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:39 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 am
Nope, can't be. We only go up against low majors. Don't put other factors that no one here knew about into a discussion slamming Dan. How dare you.
:text-+1:
This is the big butt kid this team has needed for a while now. He seems to be a decent shot who can rebound and defend the post. He's also a good student who struggled like so many taking a stupid standardized test. I'm really hopeful on this one.
DannyCooksey
Senior
Posts: 765
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:47 am

i like this kid.

good hands. quick feet. can score with the left or the right. soft touch.

a year or so in the weight room with a good diet and this kid could be a tough guy to stop. would pair nice with Rey's defense and rebounding ability.
Redbird Alum 2004
Senior
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:50 am

I like this kid too. Very smooth and good foot work. Love that he can already use both hands. If we can I say get him. Our depth at big can be gone with a foot fracture so more the merrier.
Birdman85
Freshman
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 am

I like it. A big that we don't have to teach to catch the ball or put on weight.
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:17 pm

Birdman85 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:48 am
I like it. A big that we don't have to teach to catch the ball or put on weight.
Just need to convert some of that weight to muscle.
Image
birdsflyhigh
Freshman
Posts: 63
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 am

Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:17 am

Would look very good in a Redbird uni. Alright Titus, time to make the call :)
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 1433
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:14 pm

birdsflyhigh wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:17 am
Would look very good in a Redbird uni. Alright Titus, time to make the call :)
Is he on campus this weekend?
redblood
Freshman
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:44 pm

isuquinndog wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 am
Nope, can't be. We only go up against low majors. Don't put other factors that no one here knew about into a discussion slamming Dan. How dare you.
Apparently most the guys Dan recruits are non-qualifiers, sorry to ruffle feathers. I follow verbal commits regularly and the programs we compete with for recruits this is the norm, not the exception.
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:51 am

redblood wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:44 pm
isuquinndog wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 am
Nope, can't be. We only go up against low majors. Don't put other factors that no one here knew about into a discussion slamming Dan. How dare you.
Apparently most the guys Dan recruits are non-qualifiers, sorry to ruffle feathers. I follow verbal commits regularly and the programs we compete with for recruits this is the norm, not the exception.
Nah, it's not the norm, but it's not unusual. Three things to consider:
  • 1. VC removes players from a team's list when the player (or team) says the team is no longer on that player's list. So there are a number of players who the Birds offered but are no longer considering the Birds. Those are usually guys Dan got in on early, but the kid "blew up" and went P5.
  • 2. Dan has repeatedly recruited guys who never make it on to VC's ISU list, so it's not a good assumption that these are the only guys the Birds have offered. (Fayne is an example of a guy who VC didn't know about until he verballed to the Birds).
  • 3. Dan is also willing to take a flyer on guys who he thinks may have potential down the line. Granted, not many have worked out, but there's always hope in Dan's mind that one of them will.
Image
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 2108
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:31 am

Visiting Canisius April 12-14
User avatar
RBFANTOO
Sophomore
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:35 am
Location: Anywhere but Bradley

Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:12 am

TIMMY wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:39 am
isuquinndog wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:16 am
Nope, can't be. We only go up against low majors. Don't put other factors that no one here knew about into a discussion slamming Dan. How dare you.
:text-+1:
This is the big butt kid this team has needed for a while now. He seems to be a decent shot who can rebound and defend the post. He's also a good student who struggled like so many taking a stupid standardized test. I'm really hopeful on this one.
Yes
coke machine.jpg
coke machine.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 1185 times
Redbird Nation Rising
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 2108
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:03 am

Western Michigan offered.
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 2108
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:47 pm

Looks a little different now...



Redbird Alum 2004
Senior
Posts: 863
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:43 am

Really hoping this kid signs with the birds. It would be interesting to see what he could do after he gets in our weight program.
HT59
Sophomore
Posts: 260
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:58 am

:text-+1:
Redbird Alum 2004 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:43 am
Really hoping this kid signs with the birds. It would be interesting to see what he could do after he gets in our weight program.
Post Reply