If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

I haven't been this bored with redbird basketball in a long time.

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
HT59
Freshman

Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:36 pm

The team looks lost at times tonight. Much like many other nights this season. I see little passion for the competition and it is boring to watch.
Trey_Guidry4three
Freshman

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm

They are on pace for Thursday night in st louis.. .

But it's ok Muller has it all figured out
ricohill
Senior

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:10 pm

Trey_Guidry4three wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:03 pm
They are on pace for Thursday night in st louis.. .

But it's ok Muller has it all figured out
He once was Coach of the Year...how dare you question him.
Red Rocker
Freshman

Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 pm

Yea, save the gas money for the remaining road games
ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:16 am

Red Rocker wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 pm
Yea, save the gas money for the remaining road games
Going to use the gas money on a P5 game....sorry bbfan
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:21 am

Can we leave other posters out of it for one thread? The pettiness of this group is worse than the play on the court.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
TheTruth
Freshman

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:29 am

As pissed off and disappointed as I am in this season, I can't help but think this is an aberration. Sometimes the cosmic tumblers align and the chemistry gels so well for a team that is gives you last season's Loyola Ramblers. Conversely, sometimes the basketball gods & the chemistry are just so off that it produces the trainwreck we are now witnessing. Dan Muller was 17-1 in conference two seasons ago....... he didn't just forget how to coach. There probably needs to be (and most likely will be) changes in the assistants this offseason and hopefully that helps get the mojo back. The one thing the program has going for it is that now that the MVC is basically the OVC, it won't take as much talent to win it.
When you have low expectations for Illinois State University, the history of its leadership looks much more palatable.
Redbirds4Life
Freshman

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:33 am

TheTruth wrote:
As pissed off and disappointed as I am in this season, I can't help but think this is an aberration. Sometimes the cosmic tumblers align and the chemistry gels so well for a team that is gives you last season's Loyola Ramblers. Conversely, sometimes the basketball gods & the chemistry are just so off that it produces the trainwreck we are now witnessing. Dan Muller was 17-1 in conference two seasons ago....... he didn't just forget how to coach. There probably needs to be (and most likely will be) changes in the assistants this offseason and hopefully that helps get the mojo back. The one thing the program has going for it is that now that the MVC is basically the OVC, it won't take as much talent to win it.
Has anyone thought that maybe the 17-1 season is the outlier and this is really what Dan Muller is? When you have guys with the leadership and basketball IQ of Tony and Paris, it can make an average coach look pretty good.
gobirds72
Sophomore

Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 am

Redbirds4Life wrote:
TheTruth wrote:
Has anyone thought that maybe the 17-1 season is the outlier and this is really what Dan Muller is? When you have guys with the leadership and basketball IQ of Tony and Paris, it can make an average coach look pretty good.

Doesn’t matter...stuck with what you have for 4 more years. Better hope he can turn it around. The only thing. You could do is fire him and hope you could hire someone like Duhon off the bench for $100,000. These mid major long term deals are meaningless. If a coach wants to go to Michigan...they will go. This multi year deal hurts only our program.
Buffett
Freshman

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:30 am

This is Duhon's offense we re running, unimpressive
SgtHulka
Senior

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:31 am

gobirds72 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:36 am
Redbirds4Life wrote:
TheTruth wrote:

Doesn’t matter...stuck with what you have for 4 more years. Better hope he can turn it around. The only thing. You could do is fire him and hope you could hire someone like Duhon off the bench for $100,000. These mid major long term deals are meaningless. If a coach wants to go to Michigan...they will go. This multi year deal hurts only our program.
The coaching sucks

Lets promote one

:think:
Only ISU Chess Club can take ISU Basketball where it needs to go
ricohill
Senior

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:35 am

Buffett wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:30 am
This is Duhon's offense we re running, unimpressive
It's not anymore. Dan took that away from him just after the start of conference play. I only point it out because it's not fair to blame Duhon for the offense currently.
ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:56 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:21 am
Can we leave other posters out of it for one thread? The pettiness of this group is worse than the play on the court.
I hear you Quinn, i apologize ... but when one poster relentlessly goes personally ragging after any and every poster who has a different view then what do you expect? That is the shit that gets old.
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:06 pm

Ignore it.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
Redbirdwarrior
Junior

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 pm

You know, I hate to agree, but I do.

Bored is an excellent way to put this. Of course, with the Valley a projected 1 seed (and 14 seed at that), it is really hard to be interested in season games, especially when we are middle of the pack. I kinda felt this way about 70% of the way through football season, too, which probably isn't a great thing.

The dumb part is that we have 2 sure fire first team All-MVC players in MY and Fayne and I still am like "meh".

Maybe that will pay off in March, though, and I'll be really hyped for Stl? Who knows.
HT59
Freshman

Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:54 pm

Redbirdwarrior wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:43 pm
You know, I hate to agree, but I do.

Bored is an excellent way to put this. Of course, with the Valley a projected 1 seed (and 14 seed at that), it is really hard to be interested in season games, especially when we are middle of the pack. I kinda felt this way about 70% of the way through football season, too, which probably isn't a great thing.

The dumb part is that we have 2 sure fire first team All-MVC players in MY and Fayne and I still am like "meh".

Maybe that will pay off in March, though, and I'll be really hyped for Stl? Who knows.
I can't get excited about the MVC tourney based on what I've seen. Yeah, who knows? That is the problem. There does not seem to be any attribute from this team that shows a commitment to being competitive. Its very boring.
Racine Bird 3813
Freshman

Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:37 pm

I'm excited for the MVC Tournament because any one of the 10 teams could win it. Makes for an entertaining weekend. And yes I'm being serious.
Santa Cason
Sophomore

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Racine Bird 3813 wrote:
I'm excited for the MVC Tournament because any one of the 10 teams could win it. Makes for an entertaining weekend. And yes I'm being serious.
I’ll give you nine. Evansville has no chance in hell of winning four games in STL.
Birdman07
Freshman

Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:50 pm

Santa Cason wrote:
Racine Bird 3813 wrote:
I’ll give you nine. Evansville has no chance in hell of winning four games in STL.
I would say ISU has no chance either. There is 0 chance the birds can win 3 games in 3 days let's be honest. 0. -200% they can win 4 in 4 days. Or are we still trying to talk ourselves into this team has so much "talent"? It's pretty bleak watching that court twice a week
gobirds85
Sophomore

Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:05 pm

Birdman07 wrote:
Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:50 pm
Santa Cason wrote:
Racine Bird 3813 wrote:
I would say ISU has no chance either. There is 0 chance the birds can win 3 games in 3 days let's be honest. 0. -200% they can win 4 in 4 days. Or are we still trying to talk ourselves into this team has so much "talent"? It's pretty bleak watching that court twice a week
I agree that the Lou is wide open but we are in this position because everyone sucks and with that being said, we are still in the hunt. The Lou will probably feature some ugly b-ball, crappy calls and lots of liquor. Lots and lots of liquor.