If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

vs. Ole Miss 12/8/18

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Morans14
Freshman

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:14 pm

So we're not talking about the game anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricohill
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:31 pm

SgtHulka wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:07 pm
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 pm
Youre right Quinn should just delete the last two pages. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have called his game crappy due to new rules about negativity but to twist my words is ridiculous. It's obviously different. Just delete it all.
Don't be so offended at others pointing out your crappy posting abilities. You can't help it but that doesn't mean it should be erased from history.

As for Ike he is not a crappy basketball player. He's not a D1 superstar, but then again he's a Walk on paying his own way, other than when I late departure has freed up a scholarship. You'd have to be a ass hat to leave a ship sitting there unused in that instance. Bitch about the guys who came in with full rides who aren't pulling their loads. He's going above and beyond pulling his
Agreed, I am a big Ike fan. Because he is efficient when he plays. Doesn't turn it over and plays smart basketball.

9:1 Assist to turnover ratio (only 1 turnover on the season) and as poorly as he has shot he has our 4th best % from 3.

Also, last year he had the second best eFG% on the team and 5th best offensive rating.

Also, with the off-court issues in this program he deserves a scholarship for the type of person he is more so than some of knuckleheads that don't appreciate having a scholarship.
The Beak
Freshman

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Morans14 wrote:

Sure: Without Ike, Birds lose to Ole Miss 81-64.
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:41 pm

ricohill wrote:
SgtHulka wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 pm
Youre right Quinn should just delete the last two pages. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have called his game crappy due to new rules about negativity but to twist my words is ridiculous. It's obviously different. Just delete it all.
Don't be so offended at others pointing out your crappy posting abilities. You can't help it but that doesn't mean it should be erased from history.

As for Ike he is not a crappy basketball player. He's not a D1 superstar, but then again he's a Walk on paying his own way, other than when I late departure has freed up a scholarship. You'd have to be a ass hat to leave a ship sitting there unused in that instance. Bitch about the guys who came in with full rides who aren't pulling their loads. He's going above and beyond pulling his
Agreed, I am a big Ike fan. Because he is efficient when he plays. Doesn't turn it over and plays smart basketball.

9:1 Assist to turnover ratio (only 1 turnover on the season) and as poorly as he has shot he has our 4th best % from 3.

Also, last year he had the second best eFG% on the team and 5th best offensive rating.

Also, with the off-court issues in this program he deserves a scholarship for the type of person he is more so than some of knuckleheads that don't appreciate having a scholarship.
Was in Ottawa for a H.S. game and mentioned to their AD that I was an ISU fan and asked about Gassman. He said Isaac is the kind of kid you would want your daughter to date. High praise for his character.
ricohill
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:09 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:41 pm
ricohill wrote:
SgtHulka wrote:

Was in Ottawa for a H.S. game and mentioned to their AD that I was an ISU fan and asked about Gassman. He said Isaac is the kind of kid you would want your daughter to date. High praise for his character.
:text-+1:
Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:25 pm

Nobody on this thread including me called him a bad person.
Brick
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:43 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
[/quote

Damn can’t keep my mouth shut. I cannot speak for others but I never accused you of saying Ike is a crappy person. I did NOT twist your words. I gavea direct quote from you wherein you called Ike a crappy basketball player. He is not a crappy player. I freely admit he’s not the most talented of players but he freakin plays hard with the skills God have him. I did NOT twist your words in any manner! You want to criticize his skills fine!! But to call him a “crappy “ basketball player is not only unfair but uncalled for. Especially in a public forum. So sue me for being adult with a sense of honor! I might disagree with you because it’s your opinion but in MY OPINION you crossed the line! Quinn’s rules or not it comes down to common decency!
SgtHulka
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:47 pm

Brick wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:43 pm
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
[/quote

Damn can’t keep my mouth shut. I cannot speak for others but I never accused you of saying Ike is a crappy person. I did NOT twist your words. I gavea direct quote from you wherein you called Ike a crappy basketball player. He is not a crappy player. I freely admit he’s not the most talented of players but he freakin plays hard with the skills God have him. I did NOT twist your words in any manner! You want to criticize his skills fine!! But to call him a “crappy “ basketball player is not only unfair but uncalled for. Especially in a public forum. So sue me for being adult with a sense of honor! I might disagree with you because it’s your opinion but in MY OPINION you crossed the line! Quinn’s rules or not it comes down to common decency!
:text-+1:

Calling him crappy is a crappy thing to do.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:53 pm

We need to work on how to
other posters'
comments.
TIMMY
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Ya know what's crappy? This thread.
PubIIDreaming
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 pm

CaliRdBrd
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:15 pm

PubIIDreaming wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:10 pm
Holy crap! That’s a solid meme. Well done.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:15 pm

Morans14 wrote:

What game?
JHBird
Junior

Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 am

redbirds2000 wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:58 pm
ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:54 pm
RedBirdBallisLife wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:45 pm
Idk about you guys but seeing all those players in street clothes on the bench makes me so mad
I have beat that drum before about not having enough available players. Makes sense if you are in totally rebuild mode but not when you think you have an NCAA tournament worthy team.
The upside is they will all be in uniform next year and we will get to make the excuse for the first 20 games about how they are adjusting because they sat out for a year.
I'll bet next year we'll have a new cast of well dressed bench sitters. It's just what we are ...
Ike just isn't shooting as well as last year. Just in a slump, that's all. If he played like last year nobody would complain about him. He's a role player that was effective, and is now struggling, like most of the team is struggling.
RBFANTOO
Freshman

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:22 am

TIMMY wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 pm
Ya know what's crappy? This thread.
Where is TP guy when you need him?
Redbird Nation Rising
Adunk33
Senior

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:24 am
Adunk33 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:15 am
Also wanted to give a shout out to Ike. Played his ass off yesterday.
I'll give it to him for having heart and passion but this is d1 college basketball. That's simply not good enough. Let's not settle for crap. That kind of thinking is exactly why they are where they are. He's anot end of bench rider at this level along with chastain. Hein shouldn't even be on the team. This is why they suck. They're littered with subpar basketball players and those players have seen significant minutes which is dans fault for even recruiting them. He could throw a dart at a board and come away with a better player.
10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal against an SEC team. You're right. Not a D1 player.
Brick
Sophomore

Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:54 am

Bird Friend wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:53 pm
We need to work on how to
other posters'
comments.
Bird friend. Until recently I rarely quoted anyone on here. Evidently I am screwing the pooch on this. How do I do it correctly?
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Adunk33 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:15 am
Also wanted to give a shout out to Ike. Played his ass off yesterday.
I'll give it to him for having heart and passion but this is d1 college basketball. That's simply not good enough. Let's not settle for crap. That kind of thinking is exactly why they are where they are. He's anot end of bench rider at this level along with chastain. Hein shouldn't even be on the team. This is why they suck. They're littered with subpar basketball players and those players have seen significant minutes which is dans fault for even recruiting them. He could throw a dart at a board and come away with a better player.
10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists, and a steal against an SEC team. You're right. Not a D1 player.
Our goal should be to win games against P5s. Not have moral victories based on walkon stats. We are who we are right now, but need to elevate the talent and depth of the roster moving forward if we are truly to compete against the big boys.
SgtHulka
Senior

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:08 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:00 am
Adunk33 wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:

Our goal should be to win games against P5s. Not have moral victories based on walkon stats. We are who we are right now, but need to elevate the talent and depth of the roster moving forward if we are truly to compete against the big boys.
Nobody makes a whipping boy out of a walk on and those stats aren't even mentioned. Though that was a good stat line for him. Glad he hit some shots. Considering the talent in front of him, we'll need more of that.
ricohill
Senior

Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:58 am

Gassman is exactly what you want from a role player. He's in a tough spot that his minutes have gone up and down throughout the season and yet still comes in and does his job. It's like being a pinch hitter in baseball, it is not easy.

You take out the Lindenwood game, which he did not play well and his shooting percentage goes up to 35.7% from the field and 41.6% from three.

Gassman is not our problem.