If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Redbirds @ UIC - 12/5 6PM

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:26 pm

Cool, removed four posts after I said game talk only.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
TIMMY
Senior

Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:39 pm

ricohill wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:05 pm
HT59 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:00 pm
CaliRdBrd wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:55 pm

Right now, I’d settle for punching their way out of a wet paper bag.
That would be improvement. :?
Someone would get a paper cut and be out 4 to 6 weeks.
So now we're calling our student/athletes soft. Classy.
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm
ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:01 am
ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:54 am

The issue alone isn’t the injuries...it is the fact that ISU choose to only have 11 players available including walkons. Look at the facts... having 3 players out is not that uncommon and some other teams have 4 players out. A well run D 1 program CANNOT start the season with 11 players. Muller needs to better manage his schollies, transfers, redshirts and walkons.

http://www.donbest.com/ncaab/injuries/
I’ve always been okay with Muller taking some risks. I think he needs to, at this level, to be successful. I think it’s acceptable risk to have transfers sitting out, and preferable to taking players he may have perceived to be less talented than those players. I don’t think he turned away any 3 stars to take these transfers. Where’s Javaka Thompson when we need him?
Isn’t he sitting out his transfer year this year? (Donnelly)
The women picked up a walkon... https://goredbirds.com/news/2018/12/6/v ... oster.aspx

Buffalomeat anyone?
Redbird222
Sophomore

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:50 pm

Brick wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 am
JHBird wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:38 am
CaliRdBrd wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 pm
The Ohio Valley just called about wanting us for a buy game next season.
:text-+1:

What makes me most depressed about this season is we don't get a high draft pick for next year .... sigh.

A dumpster fire is an understatement...more like a wrecked train that was carrying flaming dumpsters.

Maybe Dan can get us playing better by January. Evans is killing us though, so is Tinsley. When Chastain gets healthy I want to see him staring. He at least busts his ass out there.
I agree. Chastain starts for me when he returns. Despite what some think I believe he is pretty athletic. Serious hops! Given the way tinsley is playing you lose nothing by starting Chastain and see if he can do something positive.

From what I hear Bruninga will be in a boot for at least two more weeks. Question then becomes do you redshirt him? It’s not like he takes the boot off and starts playing. At best mid to late January before he contributes.

While no one could have imagined four serious injuries it’s clear now that we have too many scholarships invested in next year. That’s on Dan. Had to know the big kid from Florida was going to have to sit a year. Simply didn’t recruit enough for the present.

If Evans and Tinsley don’t get it figured out soon it’s a .500 season. ‘‘Tis a shame given the high expectations
Four injuries and loss Clarance to Pros that's 5. If you have 12 available do you take Fisher or pass on him in anticipation of a July departure and 4 injuries?
Bird Friend
Senior

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:00 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Bird Friend wrote:
ISU FAN 1 wrote:

I’ve always been okay with Muller taking some risks. I think he needs to, at this level, to be successful. I think it’s acceptable risk to have transfers sitting out, and preferable to taking players he may have perceived to be less talented than those players. I don’t think he turned away any 3 stars to take these transfers. Where’s Javaka Thompson when we need him?
The women picked up a walkon... https://goredbirds.com/news/2018/12/6/v ... oster.aspx

Buffalomeat anyone?
I was wondering the same . . . should that scare me?
Redbird78
Freshman

Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:07 pm

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:26 pm
Cool, removed four posts after I said game talk only.
:clap:
RedBirdBallisLife
Freshman

Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:51 pm

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:18 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:07 pm
RedBirdBallisLife wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:09 pm

You’ve said your little brother is on the team and that after this year you’ll be gone. Will you please explain why you think we should listen to what you say when we know you don’t really care about Redbird basketball?
Bird Friend, how about enough of the trolling? You are relentless at it.

Edit...It all seemed to die between the others and you jump in and stir the pot. Not certain it does any good for the basketball content.
Lol ya I didnt even say anything just agreed with the comment..but just because I haven't been emotionally invested in this program for as long as most of you doesn't mean I don't want to give my opinion about things. As long as bro put on a redbird jersey every game day and plays his heart out for this school you guys are stuck with me. With that being said......

My "source" let me know sh*t is gonna get real after this game and you won't see the same team you saw last night. We'll see if he's right because something's gotta give.
V Boy
Junior

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:05 pm

The issue with benching Keyshawn to get him healthy is that when he comes back he won’t be in game shape and it will take him 4 weeks just to get back into rhythm. It’s too late.

Tinsley is so one-dimensional that he is 100% dependent on the other 4 players being so good that nobody needs to guard him, and he’s so unwilling to drive that he’s kind of helpless out there.

Yarbrough looking out for #1 the longer this goes on.

Jeff and Cope fine on O but defense is terrible.

Fayne is the real victim of all this. Would be an elite player on any Valley team. Barely gets the ball. It’s a joke:

Nothing else really matters.
Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior

Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:31 am

Fayne may get more chances if he finishes better. great at getting there. poor at finishing. he could shoot 70% if he could finish
JHBird
Junior

Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:58 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Bird Friend wrote:
ISU FAN 1 wrote:

Buffalomeat anyone?
She's a heckuva good athlete, and she's 6 foot. We are a bit short on our bigs right now. I guess she has two years of eligibility left for Basketball, after playing four years of Volleyball here. It's kinda of cool development.
chuckie1980
Sophomore

Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:59 am

2197 versus 5285
Attendance for the REDBIRD game versus 5285 for the United Center for the OSU Illini game. Same night in Chicago.
CaliRdBrd
Senior

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:02 am

Redbird222 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:50 pm
Brick wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 am
JHBird wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:38 am

What makes me most depressed about this season is we don't get a high draft pick for next year .... sigh.

A dumpster fire is an understatement...more like a wrecked train that was carrying flaming dumpsters.

Maybe Dan can get us playing better by January. Evans is killing us though, so is Tinsley. When Chastain gets healthy I want to see him staring. He at least busts his ass out there.
I agree. Chastain starts for me when he returns. Despite what some think I believe he is pretty athletic. Serious hops! Given the way tinsley is playing you lose nothing by starting Chastain and see if he can do something positive.

From what I hear Bruninga will be in a boot for at least two more weeks. Question then becomes do you redshirt him? It’s not like he takes the boot off and starts playing. At best mid to late January before he contributes.

While no one could have imagined four serious injuries it’s clear now that we have too many scholarships invested in next year. That’s on Dan. Had to know the big kid from Florida was going to have to sit a year. Simply didn’t recruit enough for the present.

If Evans and Tinsley don’t get it figured out soon it’s a .500 season. ‘‘Tis a shame given the high expectations
Four injuries and loss Clarance to Pros that's 5. If you have 12 available do you take Fisher or pass on him in anticipation of a July departure and 4 injuries?
Clarence is an interesting study. He was a horrible player here yet now he’s playing professionally. You could say the same a about Keane.
Why is it that we can’t squeeze the talent out of these kids when they’re here?
Chicagobirdfan
Sophomore

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:32 am

RedBirdBallisLife wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:51 pm
ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:18 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:07 pm

You’ve said your little brother is on the team and that after this year you’ll be gone. Will you please explain why you think we should listen to what you say when we know you don’t really care about Redbird basketball?
Bird Friend, how about enough of the trolling? You are relentless at it.

Edit...It all seemed to die between the others and you jump in and stir the pot. Not certain it does any good for the basketball content.
Lol ya I didnt even say anything just agreed with the comment..but just because I haven't been emotionally invested in this program for as long as most of you doesn't mean I don't want to give my opinion about things. As long as bro put on a redbird jersey every game day and plays his heart out for this school you guys are stuck with me. With that being said......

My "source" let me know sh*t is gonna get real after this game and you won't see the same team you saw last night. We'll see if he's right because something's gotta give.
I pray this is true. If a whooping by UIC doesn’t wake them up, nothing will.
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 am

Wondering off the game topic....
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
ISUBird
Freshman

Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:40 pm
ISUBird wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:02 pm