If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Who Let the Dogs In? (aka Homecoming)

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

DannyCooksey
Sophomore
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:40 pm

Birds 41
Salukis 20

GratefulRed
Freshman
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:09 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:08 am
Total Red wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:07 am
Adunk33 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:59 am

This week? Yeah I'll be out there! Hopefully to reclaim our spot under the water tower.
The water tower? That's Madbird's spot. Don't even think about it. :lol:
:lol: Don't get me started. Most on this board know me and my group have been in that spot at least the last 3 years. Week 1 there was a big smoker in the spot who parking let into the lot before the lots opened. Week 2 the threat of rain led to a housegate. And last week we were there but the down pour around 1130 or noon chased us off until game time. :lol:
That group with the big smoker are the BN Relocation people that haul the equipment. They gave up their suite this year so I think they had to move from in front of stadium. I heard that Athletics is letting them reserve those spots by the tower. I have also heard this is their last year of being associated with the program because of Learfield.

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior
Posts: 984
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:31 pm

:clap: :clap: Well done Redbirds on the excellent first half. ISU looks really good and SIU looks lost and off balance defensively and offensively.

fourthandshort
Senior
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Just a great all around game. Great to see offense back on track, especially Markel Smith. Pass game did just enough to keep their run defense honest... good to finally see Davis run the ball couple times. Gives Bison something to think about.

And our defense really showed up again today against another good pocket passer .. though he is having a down year, our pass defense was very stout once again. We made decent team look really bad today.
Last edited by fourthandshort on Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

DannyCooksey
Sophomore
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:00 pm

A 48 point win looks nice come bid time.

Well done Redbirds. Keep pounding two outstanding backs behind a big and talented O-Line and the W’s are sure to follow.

Congrats team and coaches. :D

Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 1061
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:29 pm

WoW

WoodlandWarrior
Freshman
Posts: 190
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:55 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:00 pm

I was at the game today with three old buds from high school. The Redbirds looked great on defense and running the ball. Hope next week’s game is televised.

CaliRdBrd
Junior
Posts: 559
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:01 pm

Hell yeah! Keep it rollin’

jbird
Freshman
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:18 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 pm

Unless he can grow it back in just 5 hours, Coach goes to bed tonight minus the 'stasche.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1303
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 pm

jbird wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 pm
Unless he can grow it back in just 5 hours, Coach goes to bed tonight minus the 'stasche.
We got embarrassed by SIU last season so for incentive, Spack says if we win by 35 he'll shave his stache? Seems silly. Save it for the Natty. Bad time to use the stache collateral.

fourthandshort
Senior
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:29 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 pm
jbird wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 pm
Unless he can grow it back in just 5 hours, Coach goes to bed tonight minus the 'stasche.
We got embarrassed by SIU last season so for incentive, Spack says if we win by 35 he'll shave his stache? Seems silly. Save it for the Natty. Bad time to use the stache collateral.
tend to agree ... but if this was a statement game about showing up against an inferior opponent, and Spack was challenging them given prior 2 weeks lack luster games ... I'm ok with it, I guess. Players probably had a lot of fun with it after tense 2 weeks.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

Metamoron
Freshman
Posts: 190
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Seems to me he can grow it in about 12 hours. Maybe it should be a weekly incentive.

bluejay
Freshman
Posts: 17
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:43 am

Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:38 pm

Great game all around today. Good to see Smith back with head on straight. First time both backs go over 100Yds. Give back the penalty on his first run he and Robinson both may have been around the 200 mark. Oh and congrats to Mr. Robinson on reaching 2000 yds for Redbird career. :text-+1: :clap: :dance: And many more to come.

User avatar
Redbirdwarrior
Sophomore
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:44 am

With this, ISU becomes the top defensive team in the country.

At 5-1 with the losses ahead of the birds, they'll be about #8 next week.

Rdbirds93
Freshman
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:59 pm

fourthandshort wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:29 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:21 pm
jbird wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:18 pm
Unless he can grow it back in just 5 hours, Coach goes to bed tonight minus the 'stasche.
We got embarrassed by SIU last season so for incentive, Spack says if we win by 35 he'll shave his stache? Seems silly. Save it for the Natty. Bad time to use the stache collateral.
tend to agree ... but if this was a statement game about showing up against an inferior opponent, and Spack was challenging them given prior 2 weeks lack luster games ... I'm ok with it, I guess. Players probably had a lot of fun with it after tense 2 weeks.
If we beat NDSU does he keep it off?

User avatar
Total Red
Sophomore
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:17 pm

So that's what a complete game looks like. Impressive. I usually don't pay much attn to special teams but I like kicking short on the kickoff to some guy that isn't expecting the ball. The SIU "returner" just fair caught the ball. It certainly is a lot less stressful than kicking deep to someone with better hands and much better feet. No tears shed for SIU but they have lost some close games due to key injuries. I'm not sure their 1-5 record does them justice.

What does our 5-1 record mean? It means we've done well in the prelims. Now for the main event.

User avatar
Total Red
Sophomore
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:42 pm

Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:36 pm

"Oh so that's why he came back".



O'Day #53 for the Redbirds takes out #55 AND #54 for SIU on the same play and Sir James strolls in untouched. Really good to see a Senior play like a Senior. #SeniorUp

User avatar
saxman210
Sophomore
Posts: 316
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:08 pm
Location: Lombard, IL
Contact:

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Robinson made another defensive back look silly. Every week there’s a highlight like this.

BRMM 2003-2006

twitter.com/saxman210

User avatar
TIMMY
Junior
Posts: 537
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: 1050 W Addison

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 pm

saxman210 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:26 pm
Robinson made another defensive back look silly. Every week there’s a highlight like this.

Nice play to watch but if my HS defense ever played that poorly I'd jump off the back of the press box after the game.
The DE 44 got logged by the backside guard and the OLB 34 got logged by the fullback. Great effort by both of our guys adjusting to a play that was designed to go off tackle and great job by Robinson getting outside but holy crap. I showed it to my son and he just laughed.
Image

fourthandshort
Senior
Posts: 1410
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:06 pm

TIMMY wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:59 pm
saxman210 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:26 pm
Robinson made another defensive back look silly. Every week there’s a highlight like this.

Nice play to watch but if my HS defense ever played that poorly I'd jump off the back of the press box after the game.
The DE 44 got logged by the backside guard and the OLB 34 got logged by the fullback. Great effort by both of our guys adjusting to a play that was designed to go off tackle and great job by Robinson getting outside but holy crap. I showed it to my son and he just laughed.
nice analysis .. SIU defense did make it look too easy at times. WIU made Robinson work much harder for his yards .. even all the broken tackles against WIU looked better failing to bring him down, than lot of what SIU did.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GratefulRed and 7 guests