If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

CSU vs UF

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

crazzymark
Sophomore

Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:30 pm

A mid level FU team buried CSU. CSU have so many weaknesses that will make for great game tape for the Redbirds. ISU with a bigger line on both sides of the ball than CSU, They are bad against the run and the play action long ball!! So should be a great game for the BIRDS!! Altitude is around 5000 FT.The team will adjust if they go out on Thursday.

rdt99
Freshman

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:31 am

When I moved from Central Illinois to Denver it took 6 months to adjust. That is a concern for me. We may be out of gas in the 4th quarter.

topiarydan
Freshman

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:45 am

The altitude is definetely a concern. Hopefully they'll get out there on Thursday and take Friday to start some acclamation. Won't be a lot of time, but anything is better than nothing. Similar thing might be able to be said about the CSU team going to Gainesville - it was hot and muggy. Noticed Arkansas (who bombed at CSU) laid a major egg at home vs North Texas State.

Phantom
Sophomore

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:22 am

Our depth is good and just about everyone has had significant minutes early on, so everyone should have their game legs rolling by now. That'll help some if/when we need to rotate guys in to stay fresh as the game goes on.

fourthandshort
Senior

Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:10 pm

NAU (Flagstaff, AZ .. 6,900 feet) is probably fresh in everyone's minds .. hope coaches, especially Coach Spack came to appreciate that element. Colorado St (Fort Collins, CO ... 5,000 feet) is not quite as high. But we better prepare and game plan accordingly ... science is science ... it takes some time for the body and lungs to adjust. It is not a sign of weakness ... just a matter of preparing and game planning for it.

They are used to it, we are not ... prepare for it. Not sure if we did or didn't for NAU .. but Spack tried to make completely light of it last year in his comments leading up to game ... and we sucked .. sucked playing and sucked wind.

It is real .. plan for it.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

redbirdfan04
Freshman

Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:28 pm

fourthandshort wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:10 pm
NAU (Flagstaff, AZ .. 6,900 feet) is probably fresh in everyone's minds .. hope coaches, especially Coach Spack came to appreciate that element. Colorado St (Fort Collins, CO ... 5,000 feet) is not quite as high. But we better prepare and game plan accordingly ... science is science ... it takes some time for the body and lungs to adjust. It is not a sign of weakness ... just a matter of preparing and game planning for it.

They are used to it, we are not ... prepare for it. Not sure if we did or didn't for NAU .. but Spack tried to make completely light of it last year in his comments leading up to game ... and we sucked .. sucked playing and sucked wind.

It is real .. plan for it.
Fourth and Short I couldn't agree more. I was at the game in Flagstaff and the team spent so much time fighting the altitude that the game got out of hand before they knew it. Just like the game in Flagstaff we have size on the the opponent. I hope we are prepared for the speed and RPO from the CSU QB.

JHBird
Junior

Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 pm

We need to use our depth to combat the altitude. I'm glad we got a good bunch of RB's. Just keep shuffling people in and out. Seems like we have good depth at other positions as well, like LB.

fourthandshort
Senior

Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:05 pm

JHBird wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:25 pm
We need to use our depth to combat the altitude. I'm glad we got a good bunch of RB's. Just keep shuffling people in and out. Seems like we have good depth at other positions as well, like LB.
worried more about our defense, which is when their offense can dictate the pace.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

• Information