If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Bye week..

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

crazzymark
Sophomore

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:12 am

So what will the week off bring the Redbirds in the polls? With a big win over a good and storied team in EIU, and no movement in the coaches poll. Will the Birds fall without playing?? To 20 or 23? What do you think based on what has transpired in the last 2 weeks in the top 25 and the weekend to come? :think: :think:

Adunk33
Senior

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:31 am

There is already a line at the mall since those fans who do go to the games finally have a chance to go to Sears.

fourthandshort
Senior

Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:53 pm

It's actually an interest topic given how goofy the 2 main polls (FCs Coaches Poll and STATS/TSN Poll) can get at times. AGS Poll is my personal favorite .. they do much better job than any other subjective poll ... but it is too early to react too much ... though there are couple stupid placements ... like NC A&T being so high.

But to crazzy's question .. it all depends on who wins and loses, based on who is just ahead or behind us. Still too early to hang a hat on anything ... but come weeks 5 or 6, I'll start digging in. Taht is whe the ranking systems like Massey and Sagarin get statistically valid, and AGS polls starts to iron things out .. somewhat. I'm happy with any poll that has us in teens .. that is what we deserve after up and down 2017 .. even though I have no doubt, we were a top 12 to 15 team a year ago by season end ... unfortunately, the NAU and SIU games disqualified us. Can't have let downs like those.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

• Information