If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Here we go again...

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Tpguy
Sophomore

Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Retire 12 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:56 pm
So I'll ask again. Was his license suspended while he was driving this time?
Don't be stupid, you can't drive a party bus with a suspended license, just a school bus.

Most of you aren't old enough to remember ISU had the same problems with Doug Collins.

V Boy
Sophomore

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 pm

Metamoron wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:32 pm
Well that is the type of story I would tell.

Questions-
1. Why did other sport athletes get ahold of someone who got ahold of Milik? Maybe some high school connection?

2. Do visiting athletes stay at Marriott? Thought they normally stayed on campus with current athletes.

3. Why after all of his driving issues does the go between call Milik and not some other friend of his on campus?

4. If that was the case, and if Milik had his license, would the punishment have been this harsh?

Sorry, not sure I buy it.
Again.....uber....lyft.....cabs.

The idea that Milik makes himself available to pick up people in the middle of the night is crazy.

The part about the drunk person from the party bus stumbling into the street and barely getting hit yet needing to refuse medical attention raises a slew of other questions.

Refuse medical attention from whom? And how did medical people arrive on the scene only to be refused? If the person was barely contacted by the car why would needing medical attention even come into play? And why would two drunk other-sport athletes who saw someone barely get hit and refuse medical attention feel compelled to report such a non-incident later?

This whole story makes no sense.

WeLoveTheBirds
Freshman

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:41 pm

Metamoron wrote:

Questions-
1. Why did other sport athletes get ahold of someone who got ahold of Milik? Maybe some high school connection?

2. Do visiting athletes stay at Marriott? Thought they normally stayed on campus with current athletes.

3. Why after all of his driving issues does the go between call Milik and not some other friend of his on campus?

4. If that was the case, and if Milik had his license, would the punishment have been this harsh?

I understand what you mean. I can't say for sure if this is the full truth or not. There are certainly holes in the story. I trust the person I talked to but you never know. The game of telephone is fun sometimes but information loss is key to that game.
I only wanted to share with all of you fine people what I heard. I am not trying to spread more lies or false info but.... Milik driving a party bus is stinking funny.

Bird Friend
Senior

Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:46 pm

V Boy wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:33 pm
Metamoron wrote:

Questions-

Again.....uber....lyft.....cabs.

The idea that Milik makes himself available to pick up people in the middle of the night is crazy.

The part about the drunk person from the party bus stumbling into the street and barely getting hit yet needing to refuse medical attention raises a slew of other questions.

Refuse medical attention from whom? And how did medical people arrive on the scene only to be refused? If the person was barely contacted by the car why would needing medical attention even come into play? And why would two drunk other-sport athletes who saw someone barely get hit and refuse medical attention feel compelled to report such a non-incident later?

This whole story makes no sense.
These are the "Days of Our Lives" "As the Bird Turns" . . . Or maybe it's "General Hospital"

Retire 12
Freshman

Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 am

If he wasnt on a suspended license, I'm not telling anyone when and when they cant drive. They have every right to get behind the wheel if they're sober.

I honestly think we all need to take a step back and let the facts come out here. All of this speculation is ridiculous.

Humdinger
Senior

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:53 am

Retire 12 wrote:
All of this speculation is ridiculous.

This board - 99% spekulashon - carry on.

Humdinger
Senior

Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:55 am

And hey, at least Milik has a solid career after hoops. Driving late night party busses scooting around our hootered young future leaders.

Adunk33
Senior

Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:49 pm

Retire 12 wrote:
If he wasnt on a suspended license, I'm not telling anyone when and when they cant drive. They have every right to get behind the wheel if they're sober.

I honestly think we all need to take a step back and let the facts come out here. All of this speculation is ridiculous.
I'd be willing to bet we never actually figure out what happened that night unless this goes to trial.

Joe_Y
Freshman

Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:22 am

So if he's suspended from all team activities, does that include driving the party bus?

redbirdron1
Freshman

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:20 am

It's been said MY went home this weekend. I'm sure Coach Dan and Mrs. Y have had a straightforward conversation about
Milik's behavior moving forward. Matter of fact, this may be about the 17th time they've had a frank discussion. If you want to really get depressed, go
over the BU site and read about how we Birds manage our biz.

All teams go through this and Dan has to lay awake on Sunday nights wondering what nuggets of news he'll hear after each weekend.

I'm selfish and I want MY on the team. I want this team to dance and he being a part of the team gives us our best shot.

Looking back over the years at our NCAA teams - each roster had their problem childs as do most NCAA teams. It's a major headache for the staff
and I'm sure they wish they had the magic answer on how to control it. Donawald's tough guy approach could't manage all the challenges those guys
had off the court.

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:57 am

redbirdron1 wrote:
It's been said MY went home this weekend. I'm sure Coach Dan and Mrs. Y have had a straightforward conversation about
Milik's behavior moving forward. Matter of fact, this may be about the 17th time they've had a frank discussion. If you want to really get depressed, go

All teams go through this and Dan has to lay awake on Sunday nights wondering what nuggets of news he'll hear after each weekend.

I'm selfish and I want MY on the team. I want this team to dance and he being a part of the team gives us our best shot.

Looking back over the years at our NCAA teams - each roster had their problem childs as do most NCAA teams. It's a major headache for the staff
and I'm sure they wish they had the magic answer on how to control it. Donawald's tough guy approach could't manage all the challenges those guys
had off the court.
I find it comical that Muller and Milik’s Mom are supposedly talking about little Milik’s behavior.

Phantom
Freshman

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:10 am

Oddly enough, that story - if relatively true - is believable. Anyone who went to ISU has a party bus story or 20, so kids stumbling out of them and running into shit or falling down is completely commonplace. I did it myself numerous times :lol: Probably many of you have too.

But the questions that arise, as were posted earlier---where/why/how did medical attention come into play? Was there a cop/ambulance right there and the "victim" was interviewed on the spot? Did her nursing major friend, after laughing hysterically, just say "oh your fine lets go" and that counts as "refusing" treatment? Was treatment of any kind even necessary? Also, agree on the question why was Milik called upon to drive these guys back to their hotel? Was he the only one available to do so? Are cabs/uber/Lyft not allowed? That part is mysterious.

I hate to add to all the speculation but it's hard to read stories like this and not imagine being back on campus and thinking of how it might really have gone down. I mean, we have NPD, drunk college students, party busses and 2:30am shenanigans involved...that is a recipe for exaggeration and overzealous ridiculousness if ever there was one.

StLRedbird
Sophomore

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:29 am

I believe I'm suffering from a recently identified malady called Yarbrough Exhaustion.

ThisIsTheLineup
Sophomore

Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:26 am

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:57 am
I find it comical that Muller and Milik’s Mom are supposedly talking about little Milik’s behavior.
Yeah, mentors are funny....

Tpguy
Sophomore

Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 pm

redbirdron1 wrote:
If you want to really get depressed, go
It's hard to get in trouble when Ma Ma and Pa Pa are paying for you to ride around in a limo on campus every night :lol:

Automatic Slim
Freshman

Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:31 pm

Even the slightest whiff of impropriety at ISU is enough for the tornado bros. to get their blowup dolls out of the closet and start pounding them.

SoCalRedbird
Freshman

Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:50 pm

Some of you closet Bradley fans are making this incredibly minor "incident" into much more than it needs to be. He gets a complete pass from me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TIMMY
Sophomore

Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Considering the pond scum low life they call a head coach, I really give 2 shits about what Bradley Fucks think. Why even read their shit?

Sladerunningbear
Freshman

Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:29 pm
birdballfan wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:53 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:46 pm
So he had impromptu access to a party bus? From my experience, when a party bus is rented they don't make you provide your own driver.

Wild story.
[/quotebe "He was driving by a party bus that was letting people off at an apartment complex and a college girl stumbled into the road and barely hit her arm on the car, possibly just the mirror." Glad you won't be defending him!!
:lol: Totally misread that. My bad ya'll.
Uh, better stick to throwing bowls at unicyclists.

JHBird
Sophomore

Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:55 am

[/quote]
Story sounds great and believable (really, it does) until you get to the big curve in the road regarding the two paasengers calling the cops.
[/quote]

And if those two were smashed then they would hardly make good witnesses in court.

• Information