If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

@ Missouri St - 3 pm - ESPN3

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
birdballfan
Freshman

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Trey_Guidry4three wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:54 pm
I am so impressed with the incompetance of this team, fan base and university
So you're saying you're incompetent or not a fan???
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:06 pm

Someone fill me in! Last time I looked we were up 6 with 2:30 to go! Someone told me Muller called a timeout before we inbounded the ball on the Chastain TO? Why waste that timeout? Couldn’t we save that for in the event we can’t get the ball in?

I wasn’t able to watch the game!
saxman210
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:14 pm

Moral of the story:

Chastain blew the inbounds to Milik who then knocked it loose. There was a scrum. Dixon picked it up, double dribbled (not called) and got off a heave with .2 to go to win the game. That’s about it.
BRMM 2003-2006

twitter.com/saxman210
gobirds85
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:15 pm

saxman210 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:47 pm
gobirds85 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:14 pm

Calm down, the NIT is a big deal and at least we have never choked in that under Muller.
I see what you did there. Sarcasm is my most endearing quality.

Still waiting to hear from bb on his take regarding the last seven years under muller.
I’m not bb fan but I’ll bite. As a student from 2003-2007, I had to live through the Moser years. The Birds have been playing for a SHOT at the dance half the time that Muller has been at the helm. That, rather than perpetual Thursday night teams, is an improvement. Am I happy that the Birds haven’t been dancing in 20 years? Absolutely not. Do I think Dan Muller is the greatest coach in the history of college hoops? Nope. But, not Richardson, not Moser nor Jankovich had us dancing either.

This loss stings. The @Valpo loss stings. But the Redbirds are tied for second place in the Valley with 6 games to play. Going 5-1 would be exceptional. Anything less than 4-2 would be a disappointment. Win the games in front of you and let’s see what magic we can have in STL. We should have plenty of karma on our side after this game and @ Valpo.
The valley is a dumpster 🔥. Winning this conference shouldn’t be this hard this year but here we are. We can’t close out games, we have a low b-ball iq and muller looks lost on the bench. If we can’t win this year then we need to get rid of him and Lyons. It’s that simple.

Still waiting to hear from bb...
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:16 pm

gobirds85 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:10 pm
bb fan wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm
Who are these "we love Dan Muller" people, gobirds85? Show me a post where that is stated. Even one really positive towards the coach.

You guys putting him down at every turn are very clear. That's for sure. But just because you don't hate him, doesn't mean someone loves him.
Ok, how about the “we love mediocrity and have no problem with dan muller as our coach” crowd. Is that better?

In seven years, are you happy with what has occurred here? Please show us something that points to better times with Muller as the hc. You, surely, know more than the majority of us so are you happy with a 60ish% winning record, no valley tourney championships, no ncaa bids?

This is my point exactly! People get fired everyday in life! It’s not fun...but sometimes it goes with the job! You either breed success or failure! I wanted Muller to succeed as bad as the rest! He was a fantastic player..:I will always remember that! But, that isn’t good enough for me to keep him here!
Brick
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:18 pm

Milik had his guy sealed off on the baseline. Game over but Chastain didn’t give him the ball and then threw the ball away over a double team. DM set up the play we just didn’t take it. We had two guys dive for the loose ball and didn’t get
It. In my 60+ years of watching basketball I have NEVER seen a team lose two games in half court shots at the buzzer. Just freaking bizarre! DM didn’t cost us this game!!! If you want to get right down to it 7/14 FTs cost us this game!
Humdinger
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:20 pm

saxman210 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:14 pm
Moral of the story:

Chastain blew the inbounds to Milik who then knocked it loose. There was a scrum. Dixon picked it up, double dribbled (not called) and got off a heave with .2 to go to win the game. That’s about it.

Wow. He did double. I didn't pick that up.
saxman210
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:21 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
gobirds85 wrote:
bb fan wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm
Who are these "we love Dan Muller" people, gobirds85? Show me a post where that is stated. Even one really positive towards the coach.

You guys putting him down at every turn are very clear. That's for sure. But just because you don't hate him, doesn't mean someone loves him.
Ok, how about the “we love mediocrity and have no problem with dan muller as our coach” crowd. Is that better?

In seven years, are you happy with what has occurred here? Please show us something that points to better times with Muller as the hc. You, surely, know more than the majority of us so are you happy with a 60ish% winning record, no valley tourney championships, no ncaa bids?

This is my point exactly! People get fired everyday in life! It’s not fun...but sometimes it goes with the job! You either breed success or failure! I wanted Muller to succeed as bad as the rest! He was a fantastic player..:I will always remember that! But, that isn’t good enough for me to keep him here!
Most people aren’t owed $564,000 per year over the next 5 years though. A buyout would be over a million bucks.
BRMM 2003-2006

twitter.com/saxman210
CaliRdBrd
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Brick wrote:
Milik had his guy sealed off on the baseline. Game over but Chastain didn’t give him the ball and then threw the ball away over a double team. DM set up the play we just didn’t take it. We had two guys dive for the loose ball and didn’t get
It. In my 60+ years of watching basketball I have NEVER seen a team lose two games in half court shots at the buzzer. Just freaking bizarre! DM didn’t cost us this game!!! If you want to get right down to it 7/14 FTs cost us this game!
Disagree. Muller is the coach. Wins and losses are 100% on him.
ricohill
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 pm

Brick wrote:
Mo State missed 8fts as well.
birdballfan
Freshman

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Brick wrote:
Quit making sense Brick it doesn't go over well on this anti bird board!!
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:31 pm

saxman210 wrote:
gobirds72 wrote:
gobirds85 wrote:

Most people aren’t owed $564,000 per year over the next 5 years though. A buyout would be over a million bucks.

Very good point! Unfortunately if we had made the tournament the past couple seasons that wouldn’t keep him here! A very good source says he has a $50,000 buyout on his end! Meaning if something better comes along he pays $50,000 to walk! Lyons sounds like the master negotiator!
saxman210
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:32 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
gobirds72 wrote:

Very good point! Unfortunately if we had made the tournament the past couple seasons that wouldn’t keep him here! A very good source says he has a $50,000 buyout on his end! Meaning if something better comes along he pays $50,000 to walk!
If you’re so anxious to see him gone, and you think that he isn’t a good coach, give him $50k and tell him to walk away.
BRMM 2003-2006

twitter.com/saxman210
gobirds85
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
gobirds72 wrote:

Very good point! Unfortunately if we had made the tournament the past couple seasons that wouldn’t keep him here! A very good source says he has a $50,000 buyout on his end! Meaning if something better comes along he pays $50,000 to walk! Lyons sounds like the master negotiator!
Exactly!!!!! Winning post. Lyons screws us with the extension worth seven figures but dan’s agent gets him a $50k buyout. Brilliantly played by dan. Not so by LL.
Brick
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:39 pm

birdballfan wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:25 pm
Brick wrote:
Quit making sense Brick it doesn't go over well on this anti bird board!!
Though some don’t want to hear it the last timeout wasn’t a bad call. We set up an inbounds play and didn’t execute. Plain and simple. It was there! So sue me!
saxman210
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:51 pm

Going back to the inbounds play:

I’m surprised that we didn’t run our 5 guys on the baseline play. Sure, Dana May have scouted it but let Chastain inbound it, have Phil run down the floor and just throw it out there. Heck, I woulda been happier if they just handed it to Milik and let him throw it the length and if it goes out of bounds, it goes out of bounds down there and make them go the length of the court.
BRMM 2003-2006

twitter.com/saxman210
WoodlandWarrior
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:54 pm

I wonder now if we can match last year’s 18 wins. I just want to start anew and have a season without multiple player injuries and to have our players value ball possession.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:55 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:24 pm
Fear not, next year Rey and his 5 minute/game highlight reel will lead us to the promised land.
If you don't care anymore, why do you diss Rey?
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Birdman85 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:18 pm
DoubleDeuce wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:08 pm
On the plus side this gives the "fire Muller" posters something to be happy about. A five star finish for them.
You are right! I am ecstatic! The guy is clearly over his head. His coaching staffs have gotten weaker and weaker since he has been here and it shows big time. To defend him shows how little you know or how happy you are having this program be a joke. To have this happen twice in a season is not a coincidence.
So COY was a mistake?
The Beak
Freshman

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm

gobirds85 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
saxman210 wrote:

Exactly!!!!! Winning post. Lyons screws us with the extension worth seven figures but dan’s agent gets him a $50k buyout. Brilliantly played by dan. Not so by LL.
Look I know this team is really up and down, make some boneheaded plays and has seniors who consistently take opponents for granted ... but despite that, they are also two improbable half-court buzzer beaters away from being tied for first in the MVC.

That this team comes out flat so often is concerning, but I think it's a reflection of the current crop of seniors (yes I know Muller recruited them). I'm waiting to see what fire next years team brings to the court before making a final judgement on the coach, as pre-Milik teams had a much different demeanor.

As someone pointed out, Muller's teams are also consistently if maddeningly close to reaching the dance most years (I know, whatever jnsb's board name(s) is/are now will say close only counts in blah blah blah) and it could still happen this year. That's not a coach that sucks and needs to be fired.

This team is emotionally what it is. They came out and played tough today after whatever it was that happened with Valpo. Yes they will probably lay a head-scratching egg before the season is over, but they'll also probably play most of the rest of their games tough. As Dana Ford said post-game “They played a great game. They're really, really good. We've played everybody (in the MVC) now and they're probably the hardest for us to guard.”