If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

@ Missouri St - 3 pm - ESPN3

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Sladerunningbear
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:55 pm

Sladerunningbear wrote:
Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:52 pm
LOcK oF THe wEaK. Teams can have bad games and come back to win, but then it becomes a trend of thinking you can turn it on and off when you want. There is absolutely no way ISU wins after the Valpo Debacle. Nitwits, halfwits, dimwits. Lock it, bet it, smoke-it-if-you-got-it, spread it. Bet the house, bring your wife and title and we’ll dicker, call your bookie, the sheep are nervous, guaranteed Sugar Bears win or Atrey streaks the quad.

Ten Sugar Bears a Leaping, 77
Coryphe Wannabes, 64
Atrey was down to his ankle bracelet.
gobirds85
Junior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:55 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:54 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm
Birdman07 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 pm
I'm glad all that negativity about Muller left with that jsn1birds guy 🤣
Maybe he was correct?
He absolutely was, but many here don’t want to face reality and are in love with irrelevance.
And mediocrity. Lots of mediocrity.
Humdinger
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:57 pm

Birdman07 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 pm
I'm glad all that negativity about Muller left with that jsn1birds guy 🤣

YogaGirl (and another screen name which just appeared on this thread but not brand new) is Jsn1. The tells are easy to spot. He hasn't gone anywhere.

Apparently we've played the Globetrotters for 2 of our MVC games this year. It sucks to be a General.
Last edited by Humdinger on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Santa Cason
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:58 pm

I appreciate Dan’s contributions to this program and will always be a fan, but at this point, the program is not improving.

He’s recruiting these players who can’t execute late in games.

That BLOB Is inexcusable, as is calling a timeout to allow the defense to set up whatever defense they want.

I expected more. A lot more. The program isn’t where it should be and I’m tired of the mediocrity.

Hope we avoid Thursday at this point.
V Boy
Junior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:00 pm

Serious question. Has anyone on our team ever won anything? A state title? A tournament? I think maybe Chastain. Anyone else?

I know Moser purposefully recruits kids who have won. I feel like we have a lot of kids on our team who haven’t won anything.
bb fan
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm

Who are these "we love Dan Muller" people, gobirds85? Show me a post where that is stated. Even one really positive towards the coach.

You guys putting him down at every turn are very clear. That's for sure. But just because you don't hate him, doesn't mean someone loves him.
ricohill
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:03 pm

bb fan wrote:
Who are these "we love Dan Muller" people, gobirds85? Show me a post where that is stated. Even one really positive towards the coach.

You guys putting him down at every turn are very clear. That's for sure. But just because you don't hate him, doesn't mean someone loves him.
I think they are referring to you...
Scipio
Freshman

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:05 pm

At this point I just want this season over. Good teams find ways to win; we always find a way to lose. It’s gone beyond frustrating into pathetic.
gobirds85
Junior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:10 pm

bb fan wrote:

Ok, how about the “we love mediocrity and have no problem with dan muller as our coach” crowd. Is that better?

In seven years, are you happy with what has occurred here? Please show us something that points to better times with Muller as the hc. You, surely, know more than the majority of us so are you happy with a 60ish% winning record, no valley tourney championships, no ncaa bids?
ricohill
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:14 pm

gobirds85 wrote:
bb fan wrote:

Ok, how about the “we love mediocrity and have no problem with dan muller as our coach” crowd. Is that better?

In seven years, are you happy with what has occurred here? Please show us something that points to better times with Muller as the hc. You, surely, know more than the majority of us so are you happy with a 60ish% winning record, no valley tourney championships, no ncaa bids?
Calm down, the NIT is a big deal and at least we have never choked in that under Muller.
DoubleDeuce
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:15 pm

To be fair I think Illinois state has successfully prevented a couple half court desperation efforts efforts from going in this season. Just my Dan Muller lust showing again.
CaliRdBrd
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:21 pm

gobirds85 wrote:
bb fan wrote:

60%-ish win% in a very average conference.

With no Tulsa, Wichita, and Creighton, one would think our time was here. That’s what’s so frustrating...we can’t even win in a depleted SWAC-level conference.

This team is a joke. Prove me wrong.
Redbirdfan06
Freshman

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm

ricohill wrote:
gobirds85 wrote:
bb fan wrote:

Calm down, the NIT is a big deal and at least we have never choked in that under Muller.
UCF? 2017 second round.
ricohill
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:23 pm

Redbirdfan06 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:22 pm
ricohill wrote:
gobirds85 wrote:

UCF? 2017 second round.
And Old Dominion. Plus, the beating at powerhouse Sienna in the CBI
CaliRdBrd
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:25 pm

I’d say put all the b-ball money into football and shutter the hoops program, but football is equally inept.
Maybe put the money into volleyball or cross country?
gobirds85
Junior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:30 pm

ricohill wrote:
gobirds85 wrote:
bb fan wrote:

I see what you did there. Sarcasm is my most endearing quality.

Still waiting to hear from bb on his take regarding the last seven years under muller.
ricohill
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:37 pm

gobirds85 wrote:
ricohill wrote:
gobirds85 wrote:

Still waiting to hear from bb on his take regarding the last seven years under muller.
I’m sure Larry Lyons, I mean bbfan is out fundraising for the new indoor practice facility.
RBFANTOO
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm

This team has the lowest basketball IQ of all time. That is the only way we could have lost this one (and many others). They have no concept of how important clock time remaining is and situations when you should never foul. Also, I am sick of seeing passes to our bigs around their ankles.
Redbird Nation Rising
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm

bb fan wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:16 pm
I care.
That’s not working either.
saxman210
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:47 pm

gobirds85 wrote:
ricohill wrote:
gobirds85 wrote:

I’m not bb fan but I’ll bite. As a student from 2003-2007, I had to live through the Moser years. The Birds have been playing for a SHOT at the dance half the time that Muller has been at the helm. That, rather than perpetual Thursday night teams, is an improvement. Am I happy that the Birds haven’t been dancing in 20 years? Absolutely not. Do I think Dan Muller is the greatest coach in the history of college hoops? Nope. But, not Richardson, not Moser nor Jankovich had us dancing either.

This loss stings. The @Valpo loss stings. But the Redbirds are tied for second place in the Valley with 6 games to play. Going 5-1 would be exceptional. Anything less than 4-2 would be a disappointment. Win the games in front of you and let’s see what magic we can have in STL. We should have plenty of karma on our side after this game and @ Valpo.
#RedbirdTwitter: twitter.com/saxman210

Please support Lurie Children’s Hospital and Team Super Sawyer! foundation.luriechildrens.org/goto/BrianGreenenwald