If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

OT: Former Players

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Adunk33
Senior

Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:22 pm

TreRoberson4Heisman wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 pm

If memory serves correct, Jon-Marc Anderson was let go from ISU for drugs? Congrats on playing Division II and getting into Indiana State...

I saw this too. I don't remember if that was the reason but nonetheless. If Spack said something along the lines of this, it was likely followed by, "You won't graduate or play football again.... if you stay on this path."

Spack is a very supportive guy, even tries to help players he dismisses find teams to play on.

fourthandshort
Senior

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:20 pm

If memory serves correct, Jon-Marc Anderson was let go from ISU for drugs? Congrats on playing Division II and getting into Indiana State...
I called this kid's stupidity and selfishness out a few months after he committed to ISU. He started tweeting stuff like he was already a 3 year returning starter .. acting like the world revolved around him and he was going to be a game changer. Found couple other things on him from HS back then .. loved to think of himself as superman, and wore superman socks to a track meet while rest of his relay team wore the basic team socks. Then he had someone (friend or himself) set up a redbird forum account, and started spewing all this and that about how great jon-Mar was. Then he showed up at camp talking about starting as true freshman .. was redshirted, so 0 catches in2013, 15 catches in 2014, had 4 catches in 2015 due to injury (broken leg), then kicked from team in mid-March 2016 for "retail theft".

His latest tweet is more of the same BS .. selfish and stupid. Think about it .. even if he was treated poorly or unfairly, which he was not .. who on earth would tweet what he did knowing he has to play us ?

He's a kid .. young adult actually. People make mistakes and do stupid stuff. But sometimes they just further reveal who they are.

p.s. Jon-Marc .. will you be sporting your superman socks for our game.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

fourthandshort
Senior

Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:24 pm

fourthandshort wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:20 pm

I called this kid's stupidity and selfishness out a few months after he committed to ISU. He started tweeting stuff like he was already a 3 year returning starter .. acting like the world revolved around him and he was going to be a game changer. Found couple other things on him from HS back then .. loved to think of himself as superman, and wore superman socks to a track meet while rest of his relay team wore the basic team socks. Then he had someone (friend or himself) set up a redbird forum account, and started spewing all this and that about how great jon-Mar was. Then he showed up at camp talking about starting as true freshman .. was redshirted, so 0 catches in2013, 15 catches in 2014, had 4 catches in 2015 due to injury (broken leg), then kicked from team in mid-March 2016 for "retail theft".

His latest tweet is more of the same BS .. selfish and stupid. Think about it .. even if he was treated poorly or unfairly, which he was not .. who on earth would tweet what he did knowing he has to play us ?

He's a kid .. young adult actually. People make mistakes and do stupid stuff. But sometimes they just further reveal who they are.

p.s. Jon-Marc .. will you be sporting your superman socks for our game.
oh, I forgot the socks also had capes flowing .. even bragged about during an interview while at ISU in April 2015.

http://archive.courierpress.com/sports/ ... 9431.html/

"Anderson wore socks emblazoned with a Superman logo, replete with tiny flowing red capes, at the 2013 Central Regional track and field meet. He backed up his flamboyance, finishing first in the 400-meter dash.

cpacmel
Junior

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:31 am

DannyCooksey
Junior

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:55 am

cpacmel wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:31 am
Good stuff. Congrats to Cam

TreRoberson4Heisman
Sophomore

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:57 pm

DaVontae “burnt toast” Harris with 5 tackles and a PI during the Bears’ 2 minute drill.

fourthandshort
Senior

Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:56 am

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:57 pm
DaVontae “burnt toast” Harris with 5 tackles and a PI during the Bears’ 2 minute drill.
saw the PI, was out of position and then bumped into receiver during catch. I didn't see any of tackles ... but he looks like a little bigger. And despite my (and others) projecting him as NFL safety, they still have him at CB. I still say he winds up at safety.

Way to represent Davontae !!!

Redbirdwarrior
Sophomore

Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:46 am

He was playing in the 3rd quarter of pre-season game 1. He better play pretty clean for the rest of the games to get to #2 on a depth chart soon.

DaveBird10
Freshman

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:32 pm

Redbirdwarrior wrote:He was playing in the 3rd quarter of pre-season game 1. He better play pretty clean for the rest of the games to get to #2 on a depth chart soon.
He was playing during the 2nd qtr vs the bears 2nd team offense as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

topiarydan
Freshman

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:43 pm

fourthandshort
Senior

Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:24 am

was checking InSU roster .. no Jon-Marc .. looks like a few of us misinterpreted this tweet to mean he was playing as graduate transfer to InSU. Apparently just going to graduate school there. Good for him that he finished his undergrad degree and is pursuing further. But the vindictive tweet is still way over-done .. clarification in that he was dismissed from team for "retail theft", not drugs. But who knows if there were other issues that Spack had seen over time which he apparently lectured Jon-Marc about whether or not he would play or graduate.

So my message to Jon-Marc would be .. good for you, proving you could graduate. Now learn to not run your mouth and keyboard so much .. same sh-t as when you came in here as 18 year old FR. Oh and it sounds like Spack did you a favor by telling you that .. you probably needed to hear it.

topiarydan
Freshman

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:09 am

Been a rough go for our Birds in pros with injuries

Nate Palmer (TN) - out for year
D Harris (Cincy) - sat out last game - projected practice squader
S Harris (Denver) - picked to make 53
C Meredith (NO) - injured some but stil picked to make 53 (might be a surprise cut)
Cam Lee (Ravens) - don't know status
Mike Lietke (TB) - got a shot to make 53

Others I'm missing?

Adunk33
Senior

Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:10 am

topiarydan wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:09 am
Been a rough go for our Birds in pros with injuries

Nate Palmer (TN) - out for year
D Harris (Cincy) - sat out last game - projected practice squader
S Harris (Denver) - picked to make 53
C Meredith (NO) - injured some but stil picked to make 53 (might be a surprise cut)
Cam Lee (Ravens) - don't know status
Mike Lietke (TB) - got a shot to make 53

Others I'm missing?

James O'Shaughnessy is projected to make 53 on the Jags.

Redbirdwarrior
Sophomore

Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:27 am

I actually don't think that is too bad, all things considered. DHarris has had all of the weaknesses we knew he had exposed in his pre-season time so far. I do think, however, that if he gets cut, another team will pick him up. I believe you have to get cut from the 53 and then get a chance to sign before practice squads are established.

DBs are something that the NFL is kinda lacking right now.

Cam Meredith went in the 10th round of our draft this year and I expect him to be a T40 receiver this season (I have him at 50 catches for 575 yards and 5 TD)

O'Shaughnessy is a dying breed. The NFL is getting away from bruiser tight ends. Still, he'll make the Jags and might have a great year because of the fact that Robinson and Lee- Bortles' most familiar targets- are gone this year. James might be an interesting person to keep an eye on.

I think Cam Lee and Lietke are both playing in the CFL or AAF this year or XFL next year.

topiarydan
Freshman

Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:39 pm

Forgot about BJ Bello (Cleveland) - has good shot to make 53 (others say even if he gets cut he should latch on somewhere)

bombay
Sophomore

Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:22 am

Shelby Harris is a key part of a very good Broncos DL. He's in line for a big contract after this season.

Redbirdwarrior
Sophomore

Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:19 pm

DHarris is officially a Bengal.

fourthandshort
Senior

Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:24 pm

Redbirdwarrior wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:19 pm
DHarris is officially a Bengal.
congrats to Davontae Harris ... way to represent Redbird Nation !!!!

p.s. somebody look up the posters here who called him garbage or over-rated.

topiarydan
Freshman

Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:01 pm

BJ Bello (Cleveland) - released
Cam Lee (Baltimore) - released
Above guys mentioned as possible practice squad guys

O'Shaunnasey (Jags) - appears good
D Harris (Cincy) - appears made
Harris (Denver) - appears made
C Meredith (Saints) - appears made - TBD
Palmer (Titans) - IR entire year
Lietdke -(Bucs) - TBD