If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

New Entrance

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Birdswin
Sophomore

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:05 am

Just received a message about a new entrance to the field.

10 Minutes before kick-off - Coach Spack and the team will go thru the G83 Parking Lot - enter by the scoreboard. Spack will gong a bell 3 times and the team will charge the field. The Athletic Dept is requesting the tailgaters in G83 - the best tailgaters I might add - to line up to form a "tunnel" for the players to walk thru.

Go Birds
fourthandshort
Senior

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:34 am

Kind of like this idea for new tradition, though timing for grabbing a seat in time for kickoff might be tight. Something like this will take a few games for fans to get the idea in advance. Most people are busy eating/drinking or locking up their tailgate stuff.

Will be interesting to watch this develop over time. They should stay with it and be patient. Either way, fully uniformed players walking thru lot will generate some pregame excitement.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!
Adunk33
Senior

Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:38 am

Awesome new attempt at a tradition. Looking forward to reports on how it goes.
Adunk33
Senior

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:11 am

Anyone get video?

These things often take time to catch on.
TheTruth
Sophomore

Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:39 pm

Not a fan of these athletic dept manufactured traditions. These types of things should evolve not be created. If the university wants to start a new tradition, how about hiring an A.D. that will move this dept forward?
Reassign Larry Lyons!
TIMMY
Senior

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:36 pm

Someone has an idea and it grows over time to become a tradition. It has to start somewhere. A buffalo didn't just happen to show up in Boulder. An eagle didn't just fly into the stadium in Auburn. All of the Notre Dame players didn't just happen to go to mass and then stroll through campus to the stadium. Over time I hope this evolves like other ideas to become a tradition.
I get not liking the AD. Plenty of reasons for that. At least they're trying.
The FOE feature is easily accessible on the top line of your User Control Panel. :D
Virginia Redbird
Sophomore

Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:52 pm

TIMMY wrote:
Someone has an idea and it grows over time to become a tradition. It has to start somewhere. A buffalo didn't just happen to show up in Boulder. An eagle didn't just fly into the stadium in Auburn. All of the Notre Dame players didn't just happen to go to mass and then stroll through campus to the stadium. Over time I hope this evolves like other ideas to become a tradition.
I like the idea and it is true that all traditions started somewhere with an idea. I wish they would have shown in on the ESPN+ broadcast though. If someone has the video it would be nice to post for those of us who did not get a chance to see it.
I heard last night was the first time they sold beer and wine at Hancock. Any issues that anyone knows about? I guess that may be the start of a new tradition as well I like to have a beer or glass of wine now and then but frankly, I can make it through a game without. If it brings more money into the athletic coffers and there are no major issues with drunkenness then enjoy your brew friends! :clap:
“When you have great players, playing great, well that’s great football!”
John Madden
SgtHulka
Senior

Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:58 pm

TIMMY wrote:
:text-+1:
ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:51 pm

TIMMY wrote:
:text-+1: I like it and need a few more traditions baked into the ISU athletic environment.
saxman210
Sophomore

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:05 pm

Gosh, how dare ISU force a tradition down our throats!

Gosh, the ISU gameday experience is so boring!

Classic Redbird nation, can’t ever make us happy.
#RedbirdTwitter: twitter.com/saxman210
TheTruth
Sophomore

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:47 pm

saxman210 wrote:
Agreed, it’s pretty lame. Traditions are not a product of the marketing dept, you don’t show announce “Oh BTW, we have a new tradition starting today”. It comes off as weak and small time.
saxman210 wrote:
Agreed, it’s probably time for a purge of the dept.
saxman210 wrote:
Especially not the ones that care or are paying attention.
Reassign Larry Lyons!
TheTruth
Sophomore

Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:51 pm

TheTruth wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
Agreed, it’s pretty lame. Traditions are not a product of the marketing dept, you don’t just announce “Oh BTW, we have a new tradition starting today”. It comes off as weak and small time.
saxman210 wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
Reassign Larry Lyons!
Redbirdwarrior
Junior

Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:08 pm

TheTruth wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
Agreed, it’s pretty lame. Traditions are not a product of the marketing dept, you don’t show announce “Oh BTW, we have a new tradition starting today”. It comes off as weak and small time.
saxman210 wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
Who brought the troll? If you dont like when we have no traditions and don't like when we start them, don't care if we win, but certainly will show up when we lose, you really have no business here.

Say something positive about ISU athletics. If you can't, go cheer big orange up 74. We really need less "supporters" like yourself.
ricohill
Senior

Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:19 pm

I don’t really care about it. However, for years they came on to the field with the “Taco Bell” victory bell and had the touchdown cannon. Those were traditions. This is fine, but it’s not a tradition. It’s just a new way to enter the field. It’s ok, not bad, not great.

The gameday atmosphere is still lacking and has nothing to do with the entrance. Even though the teams weren’t great the students in the Zoo and the Horton side being general admission made for a much better football atmosphere.
fourthandshort
Senior

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:41 am

Redbirdwarrior wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:08 pm
TheTruth wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
saxman210 wrote:
Who brought the troll? If you dont like when we have no traditions and don't like when we start them, don't care if we win, but certainly will show up when we lose, you really have no business here.

Say something positive about ISU athletics. If you can't, go cheer big orange up 74. We really need less "supporters" like yourself.
:text-+1:

This
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!
redbirdfan04
Freshman

Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:47 am

It was pretty cool to see them come down the hill. My Father-in-law and I were a little worried about them falling coming down the hill. They have come into the stadium many different ways since 04 when I started attending games. The game was pretty full Saturday night. As for traditions they are what you make of them. My father-in-law has been coming to games since the late 60s. He has told me some amazing stories about different things that have come and gone. Arguing over the athletic dept. starting a tradition is irrelevant in my opinion. They will not be running down the hill if it is pouring rain or snowing. I say enjoy it for what it is worth.
SgtHulka
Senior

Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:30 am

For all the pissing and moaning about forced traditions, who exactly proclaimed this some sort of tradition anyway? @fourthandshort that's who. He's been dragging this program down for decades with his crazy proclamations. Hopefully he retires soon :pray:
Birdland
Freshman

Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:30 am

TheTruth wrote:
Not a fan of these athletic dept manufactured traditions. These types of things should evolve not be created. If the university wants to start a new tradition, how about hiring an A.D. that will move this dept forward?
I'm not a fan of new traditions, either. I can't stand those new indoor toilets, or unleaded paint. I prefer the good ole days where I can take a dump in the street and peel off lead paint chips from my porch. And get off my lawn!
Redbird28
Sophomore

Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:43 am

Birdland wrote:
TheTruth wrote:
I'm not a fan of new traditions, either. I can't stand those new indoor toilets, or unleaded paint. I prefer the good ole days where I can take a dump in the street and peel off lead paint chips from my porch. And get off my lawn!
I think we need more asbestos in the stadium...and also possibly a couple coal burning smoke towers that could billow some gigantic clouds when we score touchdowns.
Total Red
Junior

Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:24 am

Redbird28 wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:43 am
Birdland wrote:

I think we need more asbestos in the stadium...and also possibly a couple coal burning smoke towers that could billow some gigantic clouds when we score touchdowns.
Whatever happened to the Virgin Sacrifice? Great tradition. Guaranteed attention getter. I guess I was just born at the wrong time.