If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Signing Date 12/19

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Total Red
Sophomore

Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:54 am

It's now less than two weeks until the first signing date (December 19) for football. We have an impressive group verbally committed. I'm excited about Tennessee running back Xavier Myers and hopeful that our tailback tradition will continue. It will also be interesting to see who plans on arriving for the 2nd semester and spring practice. Those players will have the best chance to contribute right away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Initial Signing Date------------Final Signing Date
(Early Signing)
Division I and II Football (Midyear JC Transfer)----December 19, 2018----------January 15, 2019

Division I and II Football (Regular Period)----------------February 6, 2019-----------Division I: April 1, 2019

fourthandshort
Senior

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:19 am

Only place I think we need immediate help is at WR, but I wouldn't mind a nice surprise or 2 to shore up our OL and DE (edge rusher type) positions. Oh, and placekicker ... that was pretty bad even as transition years go. Our last 2 guys started out pretty mediocre and turned out good (Ausieker followed by Slattery). So might just need time, but this was bad year for both our placekickers.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

MadBird
Sophomore

Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:28 am

I think I read that Jeremiah Jordan from Madison was planning on graduating in December and enrolling for second semester. There's one.

TIMMY
Junior

Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:00 pm

MadBird wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:28 am
I think I read that Jeremiah Jordan from Madison was planning on graduating in December and enrolling for second semester. There's one.
Watched his HUDL .Man the kid can hit. Boogers were flyin. He played the Sam in their 4-3 but I could see him coming off the edge for sure.

Total Red
Sophomore

Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:22 pm

TIMMY wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:00 pm

Watched his HUDL .Man the kid can hit. Boogers were flyin. He played the Sam in their 4-3 but I could see him coming off the edge for sure.
Per your suggestion I watched his HUDL. I can't say I saw any boogers flyin'. At one point I thought I saw some saliva, runny snot or other non-specified bodily fluid in the air after a particularly good hit but I would need to put it up on a large high def screen instead of my laptop to properly identify. Perhaps I can make time over the holidays to do that.

Regardless a key attribute you look for with any defensive player is the desire to hit. This kid passes the eye test on that one.

JHBird
Junior

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:07 pm

Yeah, check out the second play. He does have more of an edge rusher build.

• Information