If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Former Redbirds...

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:34 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:38 am
ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 am
Consider me not sold on this. It’s one thing to get to the rim in Europe, it’s completely different game here. You don’t have to guard him on the perimeter because he can’t shoot a high enough percentage from 3. The best thing he would have done is take away minutes from Hein.
Speaking of Hein...

I am keeping an eye on his points and fouls. He has 25 fouls and 26 points averaging like 18 minutes a game. Can he possibly have more fouls than points at the end of the season?
He’s terrible and I can’t wait until he’s a former Redbird. Good kid, but awful basketball player. The fact he plays says a lot about our recruiting and team.
gobirds72
Sophomore
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:39 pm

ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:34 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:38 am
ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 am
Consider me not sold on this. It’s one thing to get to the rim in Europe, it’s completely different game here. You don’t have to guard him on the perimeter because he can’t shoot a high enough percentage from 3. The best thing he would have done is take away minutes from Hein.
Speaking of Hein...

I am keeping an eye on his points and fouls. He has 25 fouls and 26 points averaging like 18 minutes a game. Can he possibly have more fouls than points at the end of the season?
He’s terrible and I can’t wait until he’s a former Redbird. Good kid, but awful basketball player. The fact he plays says a lot about our recruiting and team.
Did I mention that his3 point % went from 17% to 15%. Why would you ever guard him?
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:54 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:39 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:34 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:38 am


Speaking of Hein...

I am keeping an eye on his points and fouls. He has 25 fouls and 26 points averaging like 18 minutes a game. Can he possibly have more fouls than points at the end of the season?
He’s terrible and I can’t wait until he’s a former Redbird. Good kid, but awful basketball player. The fact he plays says a lot about our recruiting and team.
Did I mention that his3 point % went from 17% to 15%. Why would you ever guard him?
Yet, he’s 6th in minutes on the team during MVC play. He’s scored 5pts, 14 fouls, 0-7 from 3, 1-11 from the field, and 3-5 from the ft line. Just awful, but the fact Mediocre Muller thinks he’s good and plays him is worse than his numbers.
gobirds72
Sophomore
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm

ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:54 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:39 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:34 pm


He’s terrible and I can’t wait until he’s a former Redbird. Good kid, but awful basketball player. The fact he plays says a lot about our recruiting and team.
Did I mention that his3 point % went from 17% to 15%. Why would you ever guard him?
Yet, he’s 6th in minutes on the team during MVC play. He’s scored 5pts, 14 fouls, 0-7 from 3, 1-11 from the field, and 3-5 from the ft line. Just awful, but the fact Mediocre Muller thinks he’s good and plays him is worse than his numbers.
:text-+1:
ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1820
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm

Clarance. Tremendous pre ISU hype. Tremendous post ISU hype. Time at ISU....totally sucked.

What a great program. Oh what might have been, if only, ISU’s one year of Clarance wasn’t the year he sucked at basketball.
The Beak
Freshman
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:13 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:54 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:39 pm


Did I mention that his3 point % went from 17% to 15%. Why would you ever guard him?
Yet, he’s 6th in minutes on the team during MVC play. He’s scored 5pts, 14 fouls, 0-7 from 3, 1-11 from the field, and 3-5 from the ft line. Just awful, but the fact Mediocre Muller thinks he’s good and plays him is worse than his numbers.
:text-+1:
The player who busts his ass in practice and games every day isn't the problem. You'all want to pile on Hein, but there is a reason he's playing, and that reason is the problem.
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:22 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm
Clarance. Tremendous pre ISU hype. Tremendous post ISU hype. Time at ISU....totally sucked.

What a great program. Oh what might have been, if only, ISU’s one year of Clarance wasn’t the year he sucked at basketball.


It looks like he’s playing against guys at 4 Seasons on weekends.
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 827
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm

The Beak wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:54 pm


Yet, he’s 6th in minutes on the team during MVC play. He’s scored 5pts, 14 fouls, 0-7 from 3, 1-11 from the field, and 3-5 from the ft line. Just awful, but the fact Mediocre Muller thinks he’s good and plays him is worse than his numbers.
:text-+1:
The player who busts his ass in practice and games every day isn't the problem. You'all want to pile on Hein, but there is a reason he's playing, and that reason is the problem.
Who cares how hard he plays? He’s bad. Jefferson should have been playing his minutes if Muller wouldn’t be a nut job about what he was doing in practice and destroyed his confidence. Psycho Dan keeps getting guys hurt in practice and the team doesn’t get any better.
ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1820
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:30 pm

ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:22 pm
ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm
Clarance. Tremendous pre ISU hype. Tremendous post ISU hype. Time at ISU....totally sucked.

What a great program. Oh what might have been, if only, ISU’s one year of Clarance wasn’t the year he sucked at basketball.


It looks like he’s playing against guys at 4 Seasons on weekends.
Hey, if Artin Hojat is giving him props, it must be legit. BTW, I have a twitter account, if that equates to gospel. Lol
gobirds72
Sophomore
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:49 pm

ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:25 pm
The Beak wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm


:text-+1:
The player who busts his ass in practice and games every day isn't the problem. You'all want to pile on Hein, but there is a reason he's playing, and that reason is the problem.
Who cares how hard he plays? He’s bad. Jefferson should have been playing his minutes if Muller wouldn’t be a nut job about what he was doing in practice and destroyed his confidence. Psycho Dan keeps getting guys hurt in practice and the team doesn’t get any better.

If the practice play is carrying over to the game...then I care! Joe Hein was a practice wizard too! He never sniffed the court for Stallings!
gobirds72
Sophomore
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:51 pm

The Beak wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:17 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:54 pm


Yet, he’s 6th in minutes on the team during MVC play. He’s scored 5pts, 14 fouls, 0-7 from 3, 1-11 from the field, and 3-5 from the ft line. Just awful, but the fact Mediocre Muller thinks he’s good and plays him is worse than his numbers.
:text-+1:
The player who busts his ass in practice and games every day isn't the problem. You'all want to pile on Hein, but there is a reason he's playing, and that reason is the problem.
There is a reason we are losing too!
Redbird222
Sophomore
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:53 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:39 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:34 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:38 am


Speaking of Hein...

I am keeping an eye on his points and fouls. He has 25 fouls and 26 points averaging like 18 minutes a game. Can he possibly have more fouls than points at the end of the season?
He’s terrible and I can’t wait until he’s a former Redbird. Good kid, but awful basketball player. The fact he plays says a lot about our recruiting and team.
Did I mention that his3 point % went from 17% to 15%. Why would you ever guard him?
Habit and natural instincts take over so you guard
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:04 pm

This is a former Redbird thread, so let's cut the anti-Hein crap from the thread, okay?
Image
gobirds72
Sophomore
Posts: 224
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:42 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:04 pm
This is a former Redbird thread, so let's cut the anti-Hein crap from the thread, okay?
I know the truth hurts! 😂
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:22 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:14 pm
Clarance. Tremendous pre ISU hype. Tremendous post ISU hype. Time at ISU....totally sucked.

What a great program. Oh what might have been, if only, ISU’s one year of Clarance wasn’t the year he sucked at basketball.
Must you always take it as low as possible?
Image
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Sun Jan 27, 2019 12:22 am

gobirds72 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:42 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:04 pm
This is a former Redbird thread, so let's cut the anti-Hein crap from the thread, okay?
I know the truth hurts! 😂
Just keep it on the former Birds, okay? Not too hard to do.
Image
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1070
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:24 am

Bird Friend wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 8:04 pm
This is a former Redbird thread, so let's cut the anti-Hein crap from the thread, okay?
A Holes gonna stink
Only ISU Chess Club can take ISU Basketball where it needs to go
Image
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:33 pm

As one-time Vidette beat writer, I'm going to say he's a former Redbird as much as anybody . . . but CONGRATS to Josh Tolentino for becoming The Athletic's beat writer for the Tampa Bay Rays . . .

Image
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:19 am

Agreed. Way to go Josh. The Athletic is becoming a big time sports media group. I know he worked for them as the Packers writer but now he gets to do a real sport in warmer weather. ;)
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1672
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:23 pm

https://goredbirds.com/news/2019/2/7/me ... pro-s.aspx

Updates on Paris, Devaughn, Dinma, Osiris, Elijah, and Mikyle.

"In the most recent game, McIntosh started at power forward and scored three points with six rebounds in 13 minutes of action."

How did Mikyle only play 13 minutes as a starter? He only had two fouls. Crazy G-League.
Post Reply