If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Former Redbirds...

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
The Legend
Freshman
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:37 am

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am

I said, watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
Liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!
User avatar
RicoBryson
Freshman
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm
Location: Alabama

Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:48 am

SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:43 am
birdlife wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:35 am
he looks way bigger, physically, than his senior year
That summer in the Chernobyl rec league really helped him out.
I love reading your posts! You crack me up! :clap:
Markku Larkio.
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:23 pm

27 pts, 10 assists . . . and they have ONE highlight of him making a play??
Image
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 2443
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 pm

The Legend wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am
DAP headed back to Europe:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.co ... l-121618-3

Two games in dev league, kicks ass, Nuggets let him go . . . ???

I hope this was to allow him a chance to play better competition than the G-League offers, and will lead to a better contract next year.
Image
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:35 pm

There is a twitter video somewhere of him making all seven threes but I can't find it.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1472
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:23 pm
27 pts, 10 assists . . . and they have ONE highlight of him making a play??
There were a few of him wide open begging to be passed to, to no avail.
cpacmel
Senior
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:48 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:31 pm
The Legend wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am
DAP headed back to Europe:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.co ... l-121618-3

Two games in dev league, kicks ass, Nuggets let him go . . . ???

I hope this was to allow him a chance to play better competition than the G-League offers, and will lead to a better contract next year.
I think his time was up. Those 2 way deals are kind bogus. You get something like 45 days up with The NBA team. The thing that stinks is it’s days not games. So Travel and off days counts.
User avatar
Redbirdwarrior
Junior
Posts: 608
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:40 pm

A 2-way NBA contract is no longer worth anything more than getting a player 5 minutes to live out their dream. As a career, if you ask any logical player who is handed a 2 way contract or a DLeague contract vs an international league contract, they should go overseas, ESPECIALLY if it is to a respected league (Greece, France, China, Spain, Turkey, Hungary etc).

DAP and now Hawkins are going to make WAY MORE money in the next decade than they would in the D-League.

With any luck, DAP and Lee have a long career overseas (See: Emmanuel Holloway or Dinma) and then comes back to work with ISU as coaches or advisors.

I LOVE to see all these ISU branded players in the international ball. Hell, look at Champ- he is an Olympian. This is EXCELLENT branding and something I wish ISU athletics would tout more often.
bombay
Junior
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 am

Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:11 pm

SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:43 am
birdlife wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:35 am
he looks way bigger, physically, than his senior year
That summer in the Chernobyl rec league really helped him out.
Yes. One season in Chernobyl is all it takes. Look what it did for Artis Gilmore.
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1472
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 pm

bombay wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:11 pm
SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:43 am
birdlife wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:35 am
he looks way bigger, physically, than his senior year
That summer in the Chernobyl rec league really helped him out.
Yes. One season in Chernobyl is all it takes. Look what it did for Artis Gilmore.
I tried to talk Spud Webb into going there...but would be listen? Nooooooo
bombay
Junior
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 am

Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:21 am

SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:11 pm
bombay wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:11 pm
SgtHulka wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:43 am


That summer in the Chernobyl rec league really helped him out.
Yes. One season in Chernobyl is all it takes. Look what it did for Artis Gilmore.
I tried to talk Spud Webb into going there...but would be listen? Nooooooo

And Earl Boykins! My daughter was taller than him when she was 12.
Rollbirds5
Freshman
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:24 pm

Twitter: @Amason005
Redbird222
Junior
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:15 pm



He may have been able to help out this year
Redbird222
Junior
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:16 pm



He may have been able to play this year for us
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1472
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:44 pm

Redbird222 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:16 pm


He may have been able to play this year for us
:text-+1:
DannyCooksey
Senior
Posts: 772
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:17 am

yeah

i'd say we could use a 6'3 guard that can attack the rim like that.
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:12 am

I keep saying it. The single biggest reason we are under performing to expectations is we don't have a PG. We just don't. Elijah was supposed to be that person. He really exploded playing international ball for his country and then realized he could get paid at home to do it. A huge blow to this season and probably next.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 2187
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:19 pm

I'm curious who wouldn't be here if Elijah still was... I'll go back and look when everyone signed in relation to Elijahs decision to go pro.

Pre-research, Dedric Boyd seems to be the likely candidate.
Redbird222
Junior
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:19 pm
I'm curious who wouldn't be here if Elijah still was... I'll go back and look when everyone signed in relation to Elijahs decision to go pro.

Pre-research, Dedric Boyd seems to be the likely candidate.
Hein was going to be a walk on (scholly used on Fischer) and Hein was given a scholly back when Clarance left. We would have had everyone we currently have plus Elijah.
Post Reply