If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

@ Missouri St - 3 pm - ESPN3

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 am
You fire Dan you are looking at minimum 3 years before we are competitive again. I'm not ok with that.
Bad logic.
ricohill
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:12 am

DoubleDeuce wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:05 am
ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:01 am
isuquinndog wrote:
You fire Dan you are looking at minimum 3 years before we are competitive again. I'm not ok with that.
You’re implying we’ll be competitive with him the next 3 years. You believe that? Think all these guys sitting out leave?
You don't think ISU has been at least "competitive" all these years?
Competitive and going to the NCAA Tournament are two separate things. Tom Richardson finished 3rd twice and got fired. The bar has been lowered to where that is now considered competitive. Just don't play on Thursday?
ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:13 am

DoubleDeuce wrote:
ISU FAN 1 wrote:
isuquinndog wrote:
You’re implying we’ll be competitive with him the next 3 years. You believe that? Think all these guys sitting out leave?
No....as respects to being able to make the NCAA tourney which is the measuring stick, IMO
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:25 am

ricohill wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 am
My worry is we lose 65% of our scoring and 55% of rebounding. This year we returned 90% of our scoring and we are mediocre. I'm not convinced this gets better next year.

Plus, I would think at some point the Valley gets better. Dana has good recruits coming in. Valpo has quality transfers sitting out. Drake now has a legit coach. If Indy State and SIU get rid of their coaches they might become competitive.

Our hope is some transfers from losing programs come in and build a "winning culture" next year?
You can't have it both ways. You can't trash the players that Dan has recruited and then use it as a reason why we may not be good next year. If they aren't good, they aren't good. Not good when you want them to be to push your agenda.

We basically have an entire basketball team in sweats at the end of the bench. All have been practicing (minus injuries) with a competitive D1 basketball team this year. I like our chances to be competitive again.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 am

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:11 am
isuquinndog wrote:
Bad logic.
No it isn't. It's been our entire existence since Stallings left. I'm sick of it. That's what should get people upset.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:26 am

DoubleDeuce wrote:
ISU FAN 1 wrote:
isuquinndog wrote:
Yes, but we’re talking about the future in this context, not the past. Certainly no guarantees. I want more than competitive. Is it really that much to ask to dominate a shitbag conference? I’m not anti Dan, but he needs to get started. If not, then pave the way for someone who can.
Baltimore Bird
Sophomore

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 am

Yesterday or not, it still comes down to 3 days in STL. We can beat anybody and we can lose to anybody. I will be there rooting for the Birds no matter what happens. Despite yesterday, I still think we are going to win in STL. I will worry about next year after this year finishes.

GO REDBIRDS!
Redbirds and Cardinals, A Combination that Makes Sense! GO BIRDS!
Brick
Sophomore

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 am

DoubleDeuce wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:09 am
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 am
This year's team has lulled me into numbness. Yesterday when MSU recovered the ball I told my wife as he was getting ready to shoot "ball game." I got over it very fast because this team has made me expect every possible outcome so nothing is a surprise. One positive thing that appears to have come from yesterday, it appears the team has a new mantra for the season.

[/

Glad to see these seniors are handling this loss more maturely than half our posters, me included! I know I had a temporary meltdown.
Interesting that our players haven’t given up on this season yet if you read the posts around here the experts have. Many want to see the coach and our seniors just gone. Pretty sad! 50 years ago I faced life and death adversity, even after I got home. It made me a better and stronger man. These kids are facing adversity few have. I hope it makes them a better team and in the long run better men. That’s life folks!
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:32 am

ricohill wrote:
My worry is we lose 65% of our scoring and 55% of rebounding. This year we returned 90% of our scoring and we are mediocre. I'm not convinced this gets better next year.

Plus, I would think at some point the Valley gets better. Dana has good recruits coming in. Valpo has quality transfers sitting out. Drake now has a legit coach. If Indy State and SIU get rid of their coaches they might become competitive.

Our hope is some transfers from losing programs come in and build a "winning culture" next year?
If we’re mediocre, the good news is we are losing the bulk of our scoring and rebounding. I don’t want mediocre delivering returnees. I’ll push that reset button and take my chances with the ready made scout team sitting on the bench.
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:37 am

Baltimore Bird wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 am
Yesterday or not, it still comes down to 3 days in STL. We can beat anybody and we can lose to anybody. I will be there rooting for the Birds no matter what happens. Despite yesterday, I still think we are going to win in STL. I will worry about next year after this year finishes.

GO REDBIRDS!
This team is dead in the water. Mentally fragile. They will shit the bed the first close late game Arch Madness opportunity they are presented with. They can’t close, and they know it.
ricohill
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:44 am

isuquinndog wrote:
ricohill wrote:

You can't have it both ways. You can't trash the players that Dan has recruited and then use it as a reason why we may not be good next year. If they aren't good, they aren't good. Not good when you want them to be to push your agenda.

We basically have an entire basketball team in sweats at the end of the bench. All have been practicing (minus injuries) with a competitive D1 basketball team this year. I like our chances to be competitive again.
My only agenda is going to the NCAA Tournament. We've heard year in and year out the next group of players will be the answer. So far the results have been the same. Next year is year 8 with a whole new roster.

Also, the point I didn't make is the best team we had at ISU was recruited by Dana. Now he beats us with left over players at MO State, what is going to happen when he starts recruiting his players?
stats
Sophomore

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:54 am

Brick wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 am
All this BS....fire DM....do this or should have done that and NONE OF YOU GUYS said a damned word about how bad those kids must feel! They give their heart and soul to the program but no one cares. Doesn’t matter how good or bad you think they are it’s all about how mad WE are. I admit that I do sometimes as well but in the light of the next day some sanity returned to me. Inconceivable that a team could lose two games in the same season that way. I do feel bad for the kids!
:text-+1:
ILSTUGRAD11
Freshman

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:57 am

isuquinndog wrote:
ricohill wrote:

While I generally agree with the sentiment, it kind of feels like every year the next year will be the one where we have a full roster of people ready to contribute and then we get to the next year and a bunch of people leave and get replaced with people that are not eligible until the next year leaving us with a bench of 3-4 guys that actually dress with 2 of them not being guys that should be getting meaningful minutes (remember Litweiller playing serious minutes last year?!?!?). With that said, I am not holding my breath that next year will be the year we don't have a whole bench of people that are not eligible taking up the end of the bench.
gobirds72
Sophomore

Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am

isuquinndog wrote:
That’s about where you are now!
gobirds85
Junior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 am

We can delay the inevitable and let the next few years play out and unfortunately, due the monetary issue here that looks like how things will play out. We might not have a choice. Lyons screwed us royally here. He needs to go. The sooner, the better.

Muller's extension is so slanted towards Dan only an idiot like Lyons would have signed it. "Ok, Dan, if you want to leave prior to the end of your contract you pay me $50K, but if I have to fire you, you get seven figures." Dan's response "Ok, Larry, seems fair, can I borrow your pen?"

And if you think Dan is all about ISU, there were many rumors close to the source that said he wanted the Dayton job a few years ago. Bigly.
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:06 am

gobirds72 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am
isuquinndog wrote:
That’s about where you are now!
And if Dan doesn’t get it done in the next three, we’re signing up for the 6 year plan under Q-logic. IMO, with all the player movement in today’s game, next year could always be the year, under the right coach, first year coach or otherwise.
ricohill
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:09 am

gobirds85 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:05 am
We can delay the inevitable and let the next few years play out and unfortunately, due the monetary issue here that looks like how things will play out. We might not have a choice. Lyons screwed us royally here. He needs to go. The sooner, the better.

Muller's extension is so slanted towards Dan only an idiot like Lyons would have signed it. "Ok, Dan, if you want to leave prior to the end of your contract you pay me $50K, but if I have to fire you, you get seven figures." Dan's response "Ok, Larry, seems fair, can I borrow your pen?"

And if you think Dan is all about ISU, there were many rumors close to the source that said he wanted the Dayton job a few years ago. Bigly.
I laugh when people think that Dan is all in about ISU. If he goes to the NCAA Tournament there will be moving trucks lining up to his house to get out as fast as he can to the next job. The only thing stopping him from doing it now is he can't get to the NCAA Tournament.
Redbirdwarrior
Junior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:13 am

Quick reminder that none of this really matters. True that we probably arent going to be lifting the MVC regular season trophy this year, but would any of you care if we did if it didn't mean going to the dance?

These games are practice for March. They just are at this point. We not know what NOT to do with a 2 point lead and the ball with 7 seconds left.

As it is, there is virtually no difference between team 1 and team 6 in the MVC. ISU will certainly be somewhere in that 6. So, I'm just like... meh.
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:18 am

Dan’s a good recruiter? By what metric? NCAA apperarences?

He brings in some good talent, but not always the right pieces. His rosters are usually comprised of 11 3 point shooters and a couple overmatched post players. Too often playing without a true point guard. And I’m not interested in hearing about Clarance’s premature departure and his underperforming in whatever 4 Season’s type “pro” basketball he thinks he’s playing in.
tpskult
Freshman

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:33 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:55 am
If my choices are Negative Nellie or Positive Pansy, intellectual honesty dictates the former IMO. That said, I want this season to last as long as possible. Bet it’s with another loss on Sunday.
Hopefully it's Sunday of the NCAA tournament after winning the first game on Friday.