If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

@ Missouri St - 3 pm - ESPN3

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:58 pm

bawhale88 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:27 pm
what will it take for muller to be on the hot seat? 7 years and no results
So COY doesn't count? I'm pretty sure it does in Lyons' and Dietz's eyes.
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 pm

The Beak wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm
gobirds85 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:31 pm

Very good point! Unfortunately if we had made the tournament the past couple seasons that wouldn’t keep him here! A very good source says he has a $50,000 buyout on his end! Meaning if something better comes along he pays $50,000 to walk! Lyons sounds like the master negotiator!
Exactly!!!!! Winning post. Lyons screws us with the extension worth seven figures but dan’s agent gets him a $50k buyout. Brilliantly played by dan. Not so by LL.
Look I know this team is really up and down, make some boneheaded plays and has seniors who consistently take opponents for granted ... but despite that, they are also two improbable half-court buzzer beaters away from being tied for first in the MVC.

That this team comes out flat so often is concerning, but I think it's a reflection of the current crop of seniors (yes I know Muller recruited them). I'm waiting to see what fire next years team brings to the court before making a final judgement on the coach, as pre-Milik teams had a much different demeanor.

As someone pointed out, Muller's teams are also consistently if maddeningly close to reaching the dance most years (I know, whatever jnsb's board name(s) is/are now will say close only counts in blah blah blah) and it could still happen this year. That's not a coach that sucks and needs to be fired.

This team is emotionally what it is. They came out and played tough today after whatever it was that happened with Valpo. Yes they will probably lay a head-scratching egg before the season is over, but they'll also probably play most of the rest of their games tough. As Dana Ford said post-game “They played a great game. They're really, really good. We've played everybody (in the MVC) now and they're probably the hardest for us to guard.”

Next years excuse is already to rollout. It’s back to young, lack of cohesiveness due to new players etc. The excuse for next year is probably somewhat valid.
Racine Bird 3813
Freshman

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:02 pm

I can't believe this f***ing happened again. I could kick a cat right now.

The valley is so bat shit crazy this year and unpredictable we'll probably win in StL.
ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:11 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
bawhale88 wrote:
That statement says it all about ISU athletics.... nothing but low hurdles for success and the MVC COY is a perfect example. COY in the lowly MVC is a equivalent to a 7 year old's participation trophy for playing basketball. The culture of ISU sports makes me sick as nothing meaningfully will change until expectations are raised.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:12 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:54 pm
ricohill wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:46 pm
Birdman07 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:44 pm
I'm glad all that negativity about Muller left with that jsn1birds guy 🤣
Maybe he was correct?
He absolutely was, but many here don’t want to face reality and are in love with irrelevance.
Bad logic. And reality isn't what you think it is. Dan's not going to be fired this year, so throwing tantrums on a fan board is a waste of time, especially for someone who doesn't care anymore.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Trey_Guidry4three wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:54 pm
I am so impressed with the incompetance of this team, fan base and university
So long as you've recognized your own incompetence . . .
ricohill
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:14 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
bawhale88 wrote:
When Lyons and Dietz get an indoor practice facility built I might care what they think. ISU athletics can’t win in mid-major football or a low major basketball conference.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:15 pm

Santa Cason wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:58 pm
I appreciate Dan’s contributions to this program and will always be a fan, but at this point, the program is not improving.

He’s recruiting these players who can’t execute late in games.

That BLOB Is inexcusable, as is calling a timeout to allow the defense to set up whatever defense they want.

I expected more. A lot more. The program isn’t where it should be and I’m tired of the mediocrity.

Hope we avoid Thursday at this point.
You know damn well that if he didn't call a timeout and the same thing happened, you'd be complaining about not calling a timeout. I'm not defending Dan, just pointing something you know is true.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:16 pm

ricohill wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:03 pm
bb fan wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:01 pm
Who are these "we love Dan Muller" people, gobirds85? Show me a post where that is stated. Even one really positive towards the coach.

You guys putting him down at every turn are very clear. That's for sure. But just because you don't hate him, doesn't mean someone loves him.
I think they are referring to you...
"They" would include you?
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:18 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Santa Cason wrote:
I appreciate Dan’s contributions to this program and will always be a fan, but at this point, the program is not improving.

That BLOB Is inexcusable, as is calling a timeout to allow the defense to set up whatever defense they want.

I expected more. A lot more. The program isn’t where it should be and I’m tired of the mediocrity.

You know damn well that if he didn't call a timeout and the same thing happened, you'd be complaining about not calling a timeout. I'm not defending Dan, just pointing something you know is true.

Would be better of just inbounding the ball instead of letting Dana draw up his defense. Dan could have had that in his back pocket. Honestly, Chastain could have got the ball to Yarborough early. He might gave had two seconds left too. I just watched it on ESPN. Crazy play.
Last edited by gobirds72 on Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bird Friend
Senior

RBFANTOO wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:39 pm
This team has the lowest basketball IQ of all time. That is the only way we could have lost this one (and many others). They have no concept of how important clock time remaining is and situations when you should never foul. Also, I am sick of seeing passes to our bigs around their ankles.
Agree in theory to most of this. Agree completely on the passes to the bigs.
isuquinndog
Site Admin

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:19 pm

—————————————————————

From this point on if your post is about another poster you get 24 hours off. Go.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
gobirds85
Sophomore

It’s not that we got beat by half court buzzer beaters but the fact that we had both of these games won. And UCF...and UNI, and numerous other games that we pissed away. There is a pattern of NOT winning the big games.

COY...who cares? Big hairy deal. That award was used by Larry the lion heart to justify Dan’s extension that screws ISU and gives dan all the flexibility in the world. All the winning!
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:20 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
Bird Friend wrote:
Santa Cason wrote:

Would be better of just inbounding the ball instead of letting Dana draw up his defense. Dan could have had that in his back pocket. Honestly, Chastain could have got the ball to Yarborough early. He might gave had two seconds left too.
MY was open and ready to receive the pass. I'm not sure at all why MC didn't get him the ball right away. When he did throw it in, it was just a bad pass.
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:21 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:20 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Bird Friend wrote:

Would be better of just inbounding the ball instead of letting Dana draw up his defense. Dan could have had that in his back pocket. Honestly, Chastain could have got the ball to Yarborough early. He might gave had two seconds left too.
MY was open and ready to receive the pass. I'm not sure at all why MC didn't get him the ball right away. When he did throw it in, it was just a bad pass.
I agree! I know...I just agreed with you! 😀.

That pass was lazy too.
Redbird222
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:24 pm

This season just went from frustrating to depressing.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:25 pm

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:11 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
bawhale88 wrote:
That statement says it all about ISU athletics.... nothing but low hurdles for success and the MVC COY is a perfect example. COY in the lowly MVC is a equivalent to a 7 year old's participation trophy for playing basketball. The culture of ISU sports makes me sick as nothing meaningfully will change until expectations are raised.
A 7-yr old's participation trophy? Please. At least come up with a reasonable analogy.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:28 pm

ricohill wrote:
Bird Friend wrote:
bawhale88 wrote:
When Lyons and Dietz get an indoor practice facility built I might care what they think. ISU athletics can’t win in mid-major football or a low major basketball conference.
Considering they hold the purse strings in relation to who coaches . . . I think you might want to care about what they think. And if you want to change something, you might want to begin by having discussions with them and coax them toward changing how they think.
Humdinger
Senior

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:30 pm

isuquinndog wrote:
—————————————————————

From this point on if your post is about another poster you get 24 hours off. Go.

That Humdinger is an incompetent goody two shoes a$$hole!
~Hamdonger
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:30 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:28 pm
ricohill wrote:
Bird Friend wrote:

Considering they hold the purse strings in relation to who coaches . . . I think you might want to care about what they think. And if you want to change something, you might want to begin by having discussions with them and coax them toward changing how they think.

They might want to care about what the community thinks. If we lose any more fans a bag of skittles and popcorn will be $10.