If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

vs Valparaiso, 2/5, 7:00 PM, ESPN+

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Sladerunningbear
Sophomore

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 pm

I wish Dan would use the “What would Cardi B do?” coaching philosophy.
SgtHulka
Senior

Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:07 am

DoubleDeuce wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:06 pm
Believing Muller is the right coach to lead ISU to the promised land (perennial contenders for NCAA bids) is NOT the same as being content with mediocrity. It maybe a misguided belief, but I wish posters would quit equating it with settling on mediocrity. It's a cheap way of framing people who disagree with you. Those who want to move on from Dan have a legit beef and solid arguments but don't equate my belief with settling... it's just not true.
Sorry Double D, you poor misguided fool
Some of us just care more than you
cubird
Sophomore

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Has the press or will someone ask Dan during this weeks coaches show why he pulled MY essentially the last 4 minutes of the Valpo game?
RedbirdSoxFan
Junior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:33 pm

cubird wrote:
Has the press or will someone ask Dan during this weeks coaches show why he pulled MY essentially the last 4 minutes of the Valpo game?
Or why he didn't pull him in the game @ Missouri State when with a 6 point lead and 1:50 left in the game he forces a bad pass to Fayne that ends up out of bounds. Or why he didn't pull Evans out when with 1:40 left on the clock with a 6 point lead he fouls a guy giving up two free throws. Or why he didn't pull Fayne out when with a 5 point lead and seven seconds left in the game he fouls a guy going for a layup and ends up in a 3-point play.

These three seniors have zero basketball IQ. These guys play like Freshman when it comes to making smart basketball decisions.
I hope they get all of their mistakes out of their system and learn to make smart basketball decisions before the tournament starts.
cpacmel
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:48 pm

RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
cubird wrote:
Or why he didn't pull him in the game @ Missouri State when with a 6 point lead and 1:50 left in the game he forces a bad pass to Fayne that ends up out of bounds. Or why he didn't pull Evans out when with 1:40 left on the clock with a 6 point lead he fouls a guy giving up two free throws. Or why he didn't pull Fayne out when with a 5 point lead and seven seconds left in the game he fouls a guy going for a layup and ends up in a 3-point play.
So he pulls Milik, Evans and Fayne as you are advocating above.

You feel good about finishing the game with:

Copeland
Chastain
Boogie
Rey
Gassman

Is that really what your advocating for? Next game pull Chastain too! His turnover lead to the prayer of a 1/2 court shot.

Let’s end the game like Hoosiers did! 4 on the floor! That will teach em! 👀
SgtHulka
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:19 pm

Faynes foul on their last drive was half the foul that he received on his last drive.
Redbird28
Sophomore

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:38 pm

SgtHulka wrote:
Faynes foul on their last drive was half the foul that he received on his last drive.
Agree 100%. I am fairly convinced that the replay where there was question about whether it went off a Bear or Fayne was actually off Fayne, but they realized during review that Phil was absolutely hacked prior to that so they just kept the ball on our end instead of making the correct ruling. Of course, none of them would ever admit that.

For some reason the whistles were swallowed for most of the 2nd half when we were on offense. At one point it was 10-3, and then 11-4, disparity before they called a couple to attempt some sort of balance.
SgtHulka
Senior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:46 pm

Redbird28 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:38 pm
SgtHulka wrote:
Agree 100%. I am fairly convinced that the replay where there was question about whether it went off a Bear or Fayne was actually off Fayne, but they realized during review that Phil was absolutely hacked prior to that so they just kept the ball on our end instead of making the correct ruling. Of course, none of them would ever admit that.
:text-+1: 100%
RedbirdSoxFan
Junior

Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:21 pm

cpacmel wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:48 pm
RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
cubird wrote:
So he pulls Milik, Evans and Fayne as you are advocating above.

You feel good about finishing the game with:

Copeland
Chastain
Boogie
Rey
Gassman

Is that really what your advocating for? Next game pull Chastain too! His turnover lead to the prayer of a 1/2 court shot.

Let’s end the game like Hoosiers did! 4 on the floor! That will teach em! 👀
Of course not. If we finish the game with those 5 on the floor we would have lost the game! Or would we :think: