If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

vs. Ole Miss 12/8/18

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Brick
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:59 pm
Saying we are settling for crap was saying his play was crap. If you want to twist to my words because of your hatred for me that's on you like isu fan said to his issue. I'm not sorry for calling him a bad (or crappy) basketball player. He is. He's a great guy I'm sure that will be successful. As is Chastain and hein I'm sure. I never called anyone a shit person although there probably is one on the team but I won't publicly say that anymore.

Ya know that “crappy” basketball player scored 10 points against a legit D1 basketball team. Lousy performance! If he’s found his stroke on the three ball he’s a legit threat. I would take 10 points from a bench player. Yes he’s not athletic as some but he played hard. I will also take that anytime versus a player who has talent but is uninspired. Seems to me that Loyola had several players like that last year and went to the final four. Calling one of our kids crappy is uncalled for!
Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:36 pm

I weould venture to guess 99% of this board are crappy basketball players. I wouldn't say 99% are crappy people. You obviously see the difference just twisting my words.
Brick
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:49 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
I weould venture to guess 99% of this board are crappy basketball players. I wouldn't say 99% are crappy people. You obviously see the difference just twisting my words.
You said you weren’t sorry for calling him a crappy basketball player. How is that twisting your words? That’s a direct quote!
CaliRdBrd
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:52 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Quit trying to defend yourself. It’s obvious the overly sensitive Pollyanna Redbird fans have it in for you.
Brick
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:02 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Quit trying to defend yourself. It’s obvious the overly sensitive Pollyanna Redbird fans have it in for you

I hardly think it’s being Pollyanna to defend kids playing for my alma mater! Especially when anyone denigrates them
Like that. IMO it’s uncalled for! You want to criticize someone’s play it’s not at all necessary to stoop to call them childish names especially when I provided a direct quote from said comments.
ricohill
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:08 pm

I don't really understand the criticism of Ike and Chastain. They are being asked to take on roles they weren't supposed to be playing at the start of the year because guys ahead of them aren't performing (or injuries).

I'm a numbers guy and look at a ton of the analytics. Tinsley, Hein, and Evans are way below standard for their offensive ratings and basketball WAR (wins above replacement). Yesterday, Tinsley and Evans are 3-13 from the floor and 1-9 from 3 (add in Copeland and those 3 are 2-13 from 3).

There are only 4 guys with above average effective FG percentages (Chastain, Jefferson, Milik, and Fayne).

I've never felt Hein and Tinsley have been able to perform at a high enough level to consistently to play big minutes.

My point being, you shouldn't be upset at Ike and Chastain for being solid, while others aren't carrying their weight.
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:12 pm

SgtHulka wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:08 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:49 am
redbirdron1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:30 am
Go Birds72 - the thing about King David was that when healthy he provided us with protection for the same weak
perimeter D. Blocking and altering shots when opponents blow right by us to the rim. We have none of that now. 0.

Muller is getting good recruits but they're just not tough enough. And he's not making them tougher. He doesn't want a street
thug but yet - we need some of that to change the direction this group has taken.
I understand. Instead of wasting a 2nd scholarship go out on the quad...I’m sure there a few tall people out there to protect the rim. I’m not going to argue...but your definition of a”good” division 1 recruit is different from mine. With the decline of Evans we are in deep doo doo. Maybe our goals are different.
Sure... The answer obviously in us getting to the dance lies out there in some guy who didn't rate an offer from any school at any level. Brilliant. Your goals will certainly be met with that sort of deep thinking

Easy there fella! Isn’t that what we do now. We average 3-5 new faces a year...and many are questionable at best D1 players...or over rated. You can defend the talent all you want. Many are now telling me a 28 % three point shooter is the answer next season. We have plenty of them on the roster. Might as well bring Justin Clark back. Until we get to the Dance it doesn’t matter.
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 pm

ricohill wrote:
I don't really understand the criticism of Ike and Chastain. They are being asked to take on roles they weren't supposed to be playing at the start of the year because guys ahead of them aren't performing (or injuries).

I'm a numbers guy and look at a ton of the analytics. Tinsley, Hein, and Evans are way below standard for their offensive ratings and basketball WAR (wins above replacement). Yesterday, Tinsley and Evans are 3-13 from the floor and 1-9 from 3 (add in Copeland and those 3 are 2-13 from 3).

There are only 4 guys with above average effective FG percentages (Chastain, Jefferson, Milik, and Fayne).

I've never felt Hein and Tinsley have been able to perform at a high enough level to consistently to play big minutes.

My point being, you shouldn't be upset at Ike and Chastain for being solid, while others aren't carrying their weight.

Go look at Boyd’s percentages. That 3 point percentage will make you hold your breath.
ricohill
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:21 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:16 pm
ricohill wrote:

Go look at Boyd’s percentages. That 3 point percentage will make you hold your breath.
28% is a little scary.
CaliRdBrd
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Brick wrote:
CaliRdBrd wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Quit trying to defend yourself. It’s obvious the overly sensitive Pollyanna Redbird fans have it in for you

I hardly think it’s being Pollyanna to defend kids playing for my alma mater! Especially when anyone denigrates them
Like that. IMO it’s uncalled for! You want to criticize someone’s play it’s not at all necessary to stoop to call them childish names especially when I provided a direct quote from said comments.
Huge difference in calling someone a crappy individual versus a crappy athlete. For example, I'm fine with people calling me a crappy golfer. A crappy human being? Well, that's a different ballgame.
RedbirdFanatic32
Freshman

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:30 pm

Lots of debate over the difference between calling a person a crappy athlete, and a crappy person. How about we just drop the adjectives? Yeah, ik, hoping for too much decency...
Brick
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:33 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:57 pm
Brick wrote:
CaliRdBrd wrote:

Huge difference in calling someone a crappy individual versus a crappy athlete. For example, I'm fine with people calling me a crappy golfer. A crappy human being? Well, that's a different ballgame.
Well you may indeed be a crappy golfer! 🤪. But to my way of thinking I sincerely believe you don’t do that in a public forum to a young man who’s doing his best to represent the university. I returned to ISU after an all expenses paid year in SE Asia and had to deal with that 💩 on a personal level. I don’t like it happening to other folks who don’t deserve it. I will always call it out!
Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Youre right Quinn should just delete the last two pages. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have called his game crappy due to new rules about negativity but to twist my words is ridiculous. It's obviously different. Just delete it all.
Last edited by Jsnhbe1Birds on Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brick
Sophomore

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:08 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Youre right Quinn should just delete the last two pages. This is ridiculous.
Now that’s funny! 🥴 the one who started the “crap” wants it deleted. Ok Quinnie consider my hand slapped! I am done! 🤪🤪🤪
Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:10 pm

Brick wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Now that’s funny! 🥴 the one who started the “crap” wants it deleted. Ok Quinnie consider my hand slapped! I am done! 🤪🤪🤪
I want it deleted because people are twisting my words. I have no qualms about what I originally said. It's obviously two very different things. Due to new rules maybe it shouldn't have been said anyway but to say im calling him s bad human being because he's bad at basketball is nutty.
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Are these new rules posted somewhere?
The Beak
Freshman

Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:34 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:10 pm
Brick wrote:
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
I want it deleted because people are twisting my words. I have no qualms about what I originally said. It's obviously two very different things. Due to new rules maybe it shouldn't have been said anyway but to say im calling him s bad human being because he's bad at basketball is nutty.
Using the term "bad" or "crappy" at basketball to describe a D1 player is what is "nutty." His athleticism/quickness is what you're probably speaking to ... but he's not "crappy at basketball."

He's a D1 player with grit, and when his 3-ball is dropping he's an asset to the team that night. He's a walk-on player that earned a scholly through hard work, now back to walk-on and still busting his hump harder every game than any other player on this team, save for Jefferson, Hein and Chastain. It's not his fault Evans and Tinsley have disappeared, Copeland is still adjusting, and seniors don't come to the game mentally prepared to play. Yes he should be end of the bench, but that he's not speaks to issues with other players, not him.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:36 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:24 pm
Are these new rules posted somewhere?
SgtHulka
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:07 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Youre right Quinn should just delete the last two pages. This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have called his game crappy due to new rules about negativity but to twist my words is ridiculous. It's obviously different. Just delete it all.
Don't be so offended at others pointing out your crappy posting abilities. You can't help it but that doesn't mean it should be erased from history.

As for Ike he is not a crappy basketball player. He's not a D1 superstar, but then again he's a Walk on paying his own way, other than when I late departure has freed up a scholarship. You'd have to be a ass hat to leave a ship sitting there unused in that instance. Bitch about the guys who came in with full rides who aren't pulling their loads. He's going above and beyond pulling his
Last edited by SgtHulka on Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SgtHulka
Senior

Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:08 pm

gobirds72 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:12 pm
SgtHulka wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:08 pm
gobirds72 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:49 am

I understand. Instead of wasting a 2nd scholarship go out on the quad...I’m sure there a few tall people out there to protect the rim. I’m not going to argue...but your definition of a”good” division 1 recruit is different from mine. With the decline of Evans we are in deep doo doo. Maybe our goals are different.
Sure... The answer obviously in us getting to the dance lies out there in some guy who didn't rate an offer from any school at any level. Brilliant. Your goals will certainly be met with that sort of deep thinking

Easy there fella! Isn’t that what we do now. We average 3-5 new faces a year...and many are questionable at best D1 players...or over rated. You can defend the talent all you want. Many are now telling me a 28 % three point shooter is the answer next season. We have plenty of them on the roster. Might as well bring Justin Clark back. Until we get to the Dance it doesn’t matter.
Insert yawning imoji here