If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

@ Belmont 11/10/18

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Phantom
Sophomore
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am

Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:58 am

Great early road test for our guys.

Even with two exhibitions, there was still plenty of rust to shake off as we saw vs. FGCU. We'll have to tighten it up even more on Saturday. Looking for FT shooting to improve and to hit the glass even harder. The good thing is our points can come from just about anywhere, and hopefully there's a little more game flow to work with than there was in the opener. Winnable game here, and big if we can get it.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am

I'm wondering if a couple more game like the first one if Jefferson doesn't get the starting job over keyshawn

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:16 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am
I'm wondering if a couple more game like the first one if Jefferson doesn't get the starting job over keyshawn
No

Retire 12
Sophomore
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:19 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am
I'm wondering if a couple more game like the first one if Jefferson doesn't get the starting job over keyshawn
Probably the craziest thing you've ever said on this website.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:22 am

I didn't think Keyshawn looked great in any game yet and Jefferson has looked good in 2.

RedbirdSoxFan
Junior
Posts: 513
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:14 am
I'm wondering if a couple more game like the first one if Jefferson doesn't get the starting job over keyshawn
Key missed about four weeks of practice, he’s just working to get back into game shape. As long as he’s healthy (and everyone else) JJ looks like the best sixth man in the Valley.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am

Keyshawn may start but if Josh keeps it up he may see more time even as the 6th man

birdlife
Freshman
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am

i think this will be a very close game. hopefully the fact that we have a few games under our belt will help down the stretch.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:24 am

he is looking like a hell of a 6th man that's for sure

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:43 am

We have played three games, it doesn't appear Belmont even played an exhibition. The Birds won't have film on them for the third time this year. Hopefully that we did play a few games already helps. We still don't seem to have cohesion, with the exception of the two extra passes made against FGCU. Man that was pretty to find Jefferson in the corner. The Birds haven't won a first away game since @UAB 3 or 4 seasons ago. The last few years we've had some pretty poor starts on the road. Hopefully we come ready to play.

Keys to the game:
Feed Phil - He needs to be the center of the offense. He will get points from the FT line when the clock isn't moving, which could be crucial for this game. If he scores 20, we win

Put the Key in the ignition - Key needs to get going. I know he missed a few weeks with the injury but he needs to see some shots start falling and I think he will. He'll have at least 12.

Moving on UP! - Jefferson needs to do exactly what he did against FGCU. He picked his spots and made really smart plays. He doesn't need 17 every game but needs to make the other team know that is what he is capable of, which will open the offense even more.

Boogie Down (low) - Like Key, Tinsley just needs to see his shot fall. When a shooter is in a slump it sometimes helps to get them the ball in different ways. Draw up some cutting plays or oops for Boogie to help build confidence.

Tpguy
Sophomore
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 am

What are the chances Jefferson starts in place of Phil?

Redbird Alum 2004
Junior
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:20 am

I love that Jefferson can provide instant offense off the bench. Key will be fine as he shakes off the rust. If we won this game then it will be a huge confidence boost for the guys. I think milik has a big game and shuts down Windler. Belmont is going to jack a ton of threes and make their fair share of them. Prolly won't see a lot of zone from birds Saturday. Should be a fun game to watch.

DannyCooksey
Junior
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:39 pm

Tpguy wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:38 am
What are the chances Jefferson starts in place of Phil?
Gametime decision according to my sources.

Metamoron
Sophomore
Posts: 247
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:31 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:50 pm

Just looked at Belmont’s roster.
2 seniors
2 juniors
2 sophomores
9 freshman

If they haven’t had any exhibitions or games, that has to be in our favor big time.

Buffett
Freshman
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:34 am

Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:58 pm

62 W's and 7 L's at home record last 5 years.

Redbirdmike
Freshman
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:08 am

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:15 pm

I have relocated to Nashville and have tickets for my family to go to the Belmont game Saturday night and root like hell for the Birds. Will be good to get an “in person” look at our squad. Belmont is a VERY tough team and it will be a difficult road contest. It does not appear that we are getting much chance to win from several media outlets. I would like to see those predictions trumped. ESPN Matchup Predictor has Belmont with a 62.5% chance of winning this game and Bustingbrackets.com doesn’t even list us a formidable non-conference foe for Belmont in their season preview. Translation: no respect YET. This is the type of good non-conf win we need to point to late in the season. Let’s Prove them wrong.

DannyCooksey
Junior
Posts: 585
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:43 pm

Redbirdmike wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:15 pm
I have relocated to Nashville and have tickets for my family to go to the Belmont game Saturday night and root like hell for the Birds. Will be good to get an “in person” look at our squad. Belmont is a VERY tough team and it will be a difficult road contest. It does not appear that we are getting much chance to win from several media outlets. I would like to see those predictions trumped. ESPN Matchup Predictor has Belmont with a 62.5% chance of winning this game and Bustingbrackets.com doesn’t even list us a formidable non-conference foe for Belmont in their season preview. Translation: no respect YET. This is the type of good non-conf win we need to point to late in the season. Let’s Prove them wrong.
Agreed. This is a great opportunity to beat a quality opponent on the road.

Enjoy the game Mike and represent well!!! :clap:

User avatar
Redbird28
Sophomore
Posts: 214
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:57 pm

DannyCooksey wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:43 pm
Redbirdmike wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:15 pm
I have relocated to Nashville and have tickets for my family to go to the Belmont game Saturday night and root like hell for the Birds. Will be good to get an “in person” look at our squad. Belmont is a VERY tough team and it will be a difficult road contest. It does not appear that we are getting much chance to win from several media outlets. I would like to see those predictions trumped. ESPN Matchup Predictor has Belmont with a 62.5% chance of winning this game and Bustingbrackets.com doesn’t even list us a formidable non-conference foe for Belmont in their season preview. Translation: no respect YET. This is the type of good non-conf win we need to point to late in the season. Let’s Prove them wrong.
Agreed. This is a great opportunity to beat a quality opponent on the road.

Enjoy the game Mike and represent well!!! :clap:
The players know this too. It was the first thing out of a couple of their mouths after the FGCU game when they re-emerged from the locker room the other night. Needless to say, they are taking this opportunity seriously.
Feel free to follow me @RPKraemer on the Twitter Machine. Always up for talking Redbird Hoops and Football. Go Birds!

TheTruth
Freshman
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:37 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 pm

Yes, Belmont is a fine program but if we want to be a program of any kind of relevance we have to beat OVC teams.

BTbird
Freshman
Posts: 191
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:05 pm

Buffett wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:58 pm
62 W's and 7 L's at home record last 5 years.
I'm guessing that is why none of the P5 teams play there.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests