If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Birds @ Loyola

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
bawhale88
Freshman

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:53 pm

same shit, different year
RedbirdSoxFan
Junior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:56 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:11 pm
redbirds2000 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:08 pm
We were not going to beat Loyola 3 times this year. Would love to see them in St. Louis.
I’ll bet we beat them zero times.
I’ll take that bet.
Baltimore Bird
Sophomore

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:05 pm

I really think this team is about to turn the corner. I liked what I saw. Like most of you, I was disappointed with the MY being on the bench, but I was not there to hear what was said. I did see him with 2 TO's in the last couple of minutes, but he was trying to do the right thing. I also say him sulking while he was still on the floor and his teammates trying to build him back up.

GO BIRDS!
Redbirds and Cardinals, A Combination that Makes Sense! GO BIRDS!
Simpleton
Freshman

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:29 pm

RBFANTOO wrote:
Something positive. I loved Chastain's slam off a rebound. That should be a great highlight from this game. MVC play of the day? :clap: :dance: :D
^^This. How has no one else commented on this? Great performance by him in a somewhat revenge game.

Best showing all year in my opinion, with essential pieces starting to click (Keyshawn, Jefferson).

I fall on the side of those saying that you have to sit Yarborough there - based solely on the attitude I was seeing on the screen. Impossible to know what was said, but that he did not appear to be composed and ready to make good decisions in crunch time.
chuckie1980
Sophomore

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:38 pm

I am glad EVANS turned a corner and delivered.

Chastain...wow!

Yarbs. Good game. I almost became sick of the accolades by ESPN....when MULLER pulled him.

Fayne definitely learned to step up on defense. Fayne will be ready for the next LUC game.
SgtHulka
Senior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:41 pm

Simpleton wrote:
RBFANTOO wrote:
Something positive. I loved Chastain's slam off a rebound. That should be a great highlight from this game. MVC play of the day? :clap: :dance: :D
^^This. How has no one else commented on this? Great performance by him in a somewhat revenge game.

Best showing all year in my opinion, with essential pieces starting to click (Keyshawn, Jefferson).

I fall on the side of those saying that you have to sit Yarborough there - based solely on the attitude I was seeing on the screen. Impossible to know what was said, but that he did not appear to be composed and ready to make good decisions in crunch time.
:text-+1:

I like that on the 2 late turnovers MY was looking to feed his teammate, but I wish he would have taken the shot and leave Phil to rebound if he missed.

Shoulda called a TO when we got the ball back with 40 whatever seconds to go and get a set play

Glad to see Key and Jefferson show some life.

Bad game for Phil

Coach said the final play was supposed to be Key driving and kicking. When he got cut off I was hoping her step back and take the 3
Last edited by SgtHulka on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redbird Alum 2004
Junior

DoubleDeuce wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:59 pm
You can't put that on Muller. Yarbrough was sulking, even his teammates we're trying to lift them up before he ever got pulled from that game. She has to learn to let that go and get ready for the next play
My wife and I completely agree. Right call. His head was down and not in the game.
Redbird Alum 2004
Junior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:51 pm

I liked a lot of what I saw this game. Our two losses were away and by a total of 5 points. I love the press and then fall back into the 2-3. That put back slam by Chastain was awesome. Nice to see Key drive and play with confidence. Jefferson also had a nice game and seemed more confident. Copeland is a player and is going to get better and better as the year goes on. Like Baltimore bird said I think this ship is turning around.
Redbird222
Sophomore

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 pm

After Copeland made the three MY was was off the bench clapping.
Redbird Alum 2004
Junior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Redbird222 wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:52 pm
After Copeland made the three MY was was off the bench clapping.
Yeah which is good. He knows that he was so down here wouldn't have done well out there. He wants to win so bad which is awesome but he can't allow himself to get so down after one play. Hell of a game by him though.
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Simpleton wrote:
RBFANTOO wrote:

He had a free run at the rim from 10 feet away, with nobody blocking out. He executed, which for this team, is sadly something special. An ESPN TOP 10 play? Another moral victory. Whoppee! I would rather start winning the road games we are choking away.
Redbird222
Sophomore

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:03 pm

SgtHulka wrote:
Simpleton wrote:
RBFANTOO wrote:

I like that on the 2 late turnovers MY was looking to feed his teammate, but I wish he would have taken the shot and leave Phil to rebound if he missed.

On the first TO I was saying the same thing ... he should have shit it and Phil would have had rebounding position. The second TO was the right read ... he just missed the pass and I think he knew it.

Other positives that are worth mentioning

1. Loyola pushed the lead up a couple of times and we did not wilt ... the team isn't perfect but it is showing more grit.
2. I thought our rebounding was good today
3. The 2 2 1 press eats time and slows the other team down. We need to keep using this even if it doesn't force turnovers it is still effective

All games are winnable and losable in the Valley!!
Bird Friend
Senior

cubird wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:39 pm
Had a set play, but the D was better. We had no time outs.
Bird Friend
Senior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 pm

Redbird222 wrote:
SgtHulka wrote:
Simpleton wrote:

On the first TO I was saying the same thing ... he should have shit it and Phil would have had rebounding position. The second TO was the right read ... he just missed the pass and I think he knew it.

1. Loyola pushed the lead up a couple of times and we did not wilt ... the team isn't perfect but it is showing more grit.
3. The 2 2 1 press eats time and slows the other team down. We need to keep using this even if it doesn't force turnovers it is still effective

I think he did shit it. ;)
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:07 pm
Redbird222 wrote:
SgtHulka wrote:

I think he did shit it. ;)
It certainly stunk.
Simpleton
Freshman

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm

RBFANTOO wrote:
He had a free run at the rim from 10 feet away, with nobody blocking out. He executed, which for this team, is sadly something special. An ESPN TOP 10 play? Another moral victory. Whoppee! I would rather start winning the road games we are choking away.
I wouldn't disagree with most of the points that you're making. I think Milik made the right call attempting the pass to Phil. It was his reaction running back and in the huddle that concerned me.

This game may decide our seeding come tournament time, but it is unlikely to decide the fate of our season. I see no reason not to use that moment as an opportunity to teach a hard lesson, assuming that's what Coach Muller was doing.
RedbirdSoxFan
Junior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

Simpleton wrote:
RBFANTOO wrote:
I wouldn't disagree with most of the points that you're making. I think Milik made the right call attempting the pass to Phil. It was his reaction running back and in the huddle that concerned me.

This game may decide our seeding come tournament time, but it is unlikely to decide the fate of our season. I see no reason not to use that moment as an opportunity to teach a hard lesson, assuming that's what Coach Muller was doing.
Lost a game @ 4-0 Valparaiso on a shot at the buzzer from behind the 3-point line.
Lost a game @ 3-1 Loyola that we just missed a 3-point shot to tie the game at the buzzer.
Keep playing hard like we did today and we will be fine.
DoubleDeuce
Sophomore

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:30 pm

Simpleton wrote:
RBFANTOO wrote:

RedbirdSoxFan
Junior

Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:36 pm

RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm
Simpleton wrote:
RBFANTOO wrote:

Lost a game @ 4-0 Valparaiso on a shot at the buzzer from behind the 3-point line.
Lost a game @ 3-1 Loyola that we just missed a 3-point shot to tie the game at the buzzer.
Keep playing hard like we did today and we will be fine.
Need to get a win Tuesday and get on a roll. Hopefully get a decent crowd against Southern.
Sladerunningbear
Sophomore

Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Simpleton wrote:
RBFANTOO wrote:

If you are going to teach him a lesson in the last minute with the game on the line, then also bench him the next 3 games so he has a chance to make the honor roll.