If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Italy Trip, Coaching Assignments, New Offense

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Adunk33
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:45 pm

Over the first two games, we've had a scoring leader but mostly balanced after that. Holding opponents to the low 60s is pretty okay for defense right now. Obviously, a lot of guys are playing, which is good. Get a look at everyone together in a game. Identify strengths and weaknesses. That is what these games are for.

I appreciate the work of ISU sports information. Having to gather your own stats, while doing video, among other things is a challenge for one person. And the content released over this trip is above and beyond anything we've seen for the Redbirds before.
jamminjamarsmiley
Sophomore

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:48 pm

Retire 12 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm
ricohill wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Gotta hold on for a win.
Gotta "hold on" huh? Any slant you can take right? Seems to me we led wire to wire and were just... better.

All the reports I'm getting are that this team is playing like more of a team that we had mid-season last year. Way more excited about that report than any boxscore right now.
Retire, calm down pal. Please read previous posts regarding judgment of a basketball team in an overseas exhibition. You can’t draw any conclusions from this. However we appreciate your substantiated second hand report all the way from Rome! We got a mvc contender in the making baby!

We won this game!!! Go birds!! RB4L!
jamminjamarsmiley
Sophomore

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:53 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Over the first two games, we've had a scoring leader but mostly balanced after that. Holding opponents to the low 60s is pretty okay for defense right now. Obviously, a lot of guys are playing, which is good. Get a look at everyone together in a game. Identify strengths and weaknesses. That is what these games are for.

I appreciate the work of ISU sports information. Having to gather your own stats, while doing video, among other things is a challenge for one person. And the content released over this trip is above and beyond anything we've seen for the Redbirds before.
“Obviously a lot of guys are playing.” I’m not sure exactly how that’s obvious without a box score.

However - I agree this is a huge step up from having no information at all, the bar was set very low by the SID in the past. Would be nice to just once try and run the department like a first class organization however.
ricohill
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:57 pm

Retire 12 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm
ricohill wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:55 pm

Gotta hold on for a win.
Gotta "hold on" huh? Any slant you can take right? Seems to me we led wire to wire and were just... better.

All the reports I'm getting are that this team is playing like more of a team that we had mid-season last year. Way more excited about that report than any boxscore right now.
If that comment offends you, I don’t know what to tell you.

Also, yesterday you said “In exhibition games, overseas, with the entire roster basically turned over and they're just now getting to play together? I'd say who cares...“

Now today you are declaring them MVC Champs. So only you can make judgements on a team you can’t see and don’t know who they are playing against.

Also, I’ll take the high road unlike when you posted on Shockernet and we know how that went.
BTbird
Sophomore

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:12 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:31 pm
Winner

Who's the second Fisher who scored 6 points? Miller?
bombay
Junior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:57 pm

58-46 after 3
Thanks for the info.
bombay
Junior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Adunk33 wrote:

Gracias.
WoodlandWarrior
Sophomore

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Any insight on our inside game, offensively and defensively, through these two games? I assume we’re holding our own on the boards but would like to hear something.
Bird Friend
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 pm

BTbird wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:12 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:31 pm
Winner

Who's the second Fisher who scored 6 points? Miller?
They corrected to show Hillsman had 6 points.
ricohill
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:18 pm

From my source over there. Sounds like we haven’t shot the ball great so far from 3. However, it seems like we are trying to drive more and work the ball inside. I asked about rebounding. Said we’ve been ok on the boards. Teams we’ve played aren’t overly physical.
Humdinger
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:38 pm

jamminjamarsmiley wrote:
the bar was set very low by the SID in the past. Would be nice to just once try and run the department like a first class organization however.
Man. I just now realized. You know coaching at the Division 1 level. You know administrating through athletic directorship. You know players better than they know themselves. And now, you know statistics and promotion better than anyone around, including our media relations professional and his team...and previous SID's, apparently. You just shine above the rest. Most excellent.

I just didn't realize. Let's can all those worthless freakers and you let er rip. Take em all. It should be no sweat for an excellent professional such as yourself. Whew! Shine, Jamar and your other Sybil's...shine!!

Is it possible for any of you to make comments without a criticism or slight?
Humdinger
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:39 pm

My "sources over there"(TPguy drove his bus) also tell me that the statistics and results of these games are hardly the focus. This is a class field trip to see if these guys will grow together and play together.
Automatic Slim
Freshman

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Money quote -- "Fun team to watch."
TIMMY
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm

Humdinger wrote:
My "sources over there"(TPguy drove his bus) also tell me that the statistics and results of these games are hardly the focus. This is a class field trip to see if these guys will grow together and play together.
Don't waste your time posting athletic thoughts . They won't listen. It doesn't play into the anti ISU agenda. Bradley is trying to steal our board.
The FOE feature is easily accessible on the top line of your User Control Panel. :D
Trey_Guidry4three
Sophomore

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Unless somebody has something informative or constructive about the ISU basketball team playing in Italy then nothing should be posted on this thread. I come back from a mission trip from South America which was full of peace and love....it was so great to disconnect from the shallow world we live in. I was hoping to find some good stuff on this thread about my redbirds and I see nothing but hate and ill-will filling this thread. Let's help lift each other up like brothers!
ricohill
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:08 pm

TIMMY wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:38 pm
Humdinger wrote:
Don't waste your time posting athletic thoughts . They won't listen. It doesn't play into the anti ISU agenda. Bradley is trying to steal our board.
LOL
jamminjamarsmiley
Sophomore

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:27 pm

Humdinger wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:38 pm
jamminjamarsmiley wrote:
the bar was set very low by the SID in the past. Would be nice to just once try and run the department like a first class organization however.
Man. I just now realized. You know coaching at the Division 1 level. You know administrating through athletic directorship. You know players better than they know themselves. And now, you know statistics and promotion better than anyone around, including our media relations professional and his team...and previous SID's, apparently. You just shine above the rest. Most excellent.

I just didn't realize. Let's can all those worthless freakers and you let er rip. Take em all. It should be no sweat for an excellent professional such as yourself. Whew! Shine, Jamar and your other Sybil's...shine!!

Is it possible for any of you to make comments without a criticism or slight?
ROLL BIRDS!
Retire 12
Sophomore

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:41 pm

ricohill wrote:

Also, yesterday you said “In exhibition games, overseas, with the entire roster basically turned over and they're just now getting to play together? I'd say who cares...“

Now today you are declaring them MVC Champs. So only you can make judgements on a team you can’t see and don’t know who they are playing against.

Also, I’ll take the high road unlike when you posted on Shockernet and we know how that went.
1. I've never posted on Shockernet, so nice try.
2. I never declared them MVC champs. From what I've heard, the team is playing like a team and the action isn't feeling forced this year. They enjoy playing. That's all I'm saying.
3. I remain consistent in both things I said that I don't care about the boxscore.

learn to read.
jamminjamarsmiley
Sophomore

Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:54 pm

Retire 12 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:41 pm
ricohill wrote:

1. I've never posted on Shockernet, so nice try.
2. I never declared them MVC champs. From what I've heard, the team is playing like a team and the action isn't feeling forced this year. They enjoy playing. That's all I'm saying.
3. I remain consistent in both things I said that I don't care about the boxscore.

learn to read.
Thanks for the analysis in point #2. However everything you just listed is intangible and an opinion. I would like a box score. In a day and age where analytics are such a huge part of a game it’d be nice to review how well the team shot, defended and rebounded. Tangible data to reference. Also - The game article I just read was more informative in telling me about the tour of Italy rather than basketball.

Valpo has it figured out, sadly ISU hasn’t.

#ALLIN #RB4L
Humdinger
Senior

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:35 pm

Trey_Guidry4three wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:05 pm
Unless somebody has something informative or constructive about the ISU basketball team playing in Italy then nothing should be posted on this thread. I come back from a mission trip from South America which was full of peace and love....it was so great to disconnect from the shallow world we live in. I was hoping to find some good stuff on this thread about my redbirds and I see nothing but hate and ill-will filling this thread. Let's help lift each other up like brothers!
Happy for you. For real. Hope it changed your life and stays with you for the rest of your life. Absolutely. Alot of the hate, sir or madam, has originated with you. I'll be excited to see a different tone from you, and I'm sure you'll stick to your word. It's a new day at RedbirdFan.