If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

OT: SIU Arena Naming Rights

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1395
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 2:06 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:43 pm
ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:23 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 am
The danger of bad naming . . . Guaranteed Rate Field . . . I rest my case.
...yea cuz Redbird arena and Hancock stadium are so
illustrious and such an attraction. Sell naming rights to whomever/whatever to get some much needed revenue and more name recognition for ISU and ISU athletics . As a matter of fact I vote to immediately change the name of Redbird arena to anything besides Redbird Arena if that is what is needed to help break the curse!
Touch a nerve? Sorry, if I did . . . not really. Although the $ would be nice I'm not a big fan of naming rights. Sympathy for the devil is not something I aspire to . . .
Seems like trouble breaks out every time we play that song
Image
bombay
Junior
Posts: 527
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 am

Thu May 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Any additional revenue stream is welcome. I'll still call it Redbird.
Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 2:29 pm

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:45 pm
I'm not sure any one else in town other that SF has the money. Maybe Advocate. So I think that idea sunk with SF naming UIUC's arena.
Biggest factor right here. They're shopping but it ain't a Saturday night Monopoly game.
Also...Grossinger Motors Arena really captures the spirit, ya know? Nothing against GMA. 10M check might change my mimd though.
Last edited by Humdinger on Thu May 16, 2019 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm

ricohill wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:23 pm
I wonder what the right price range and time would be? SIU getting $10 million. Illinois is $60 million over 30 years.

Also, I 100% get being attached to Redbird Arena and Hancock Stadium that is a completely fair viewpoint. However, if the devil increases the basketball budget and builds an indoor practice facility, sign me up to join with the devil.
Every community and it's business surroundings presents an entirely different scenario.

Also...the devil, Rico? Give me a break. I wouldn't be opposed to some new blood but - man up and say that to his face, you keyboard warrior. Statements like this make you out to be a wild-haired TROLL. I really don't think you are. (matter of fact, you're probably one hek of a cool cat)

So maybe stop acting like one?
Last edited by Humdinger on Thu May 16, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu May 16, 2019 2:37 pm

Banterra Bank and SIU? Weird.
Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Banterra Bank and SIU? Weird.
The Almighty Dollar.
SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 1395
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 2:50 pm

Humdinger wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:38 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:37 pm
Banterra Bank and SIU? Weird.
The Almighty Dollar.
Chad Dollar Arena.... :think:

No thanks
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1418
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Thu May 16, 2019 2:53 pm

I guess the price could do it, I just assume the big companies here don't have a few million sitting around in marketing.

And I assumed that we can't use SF because Champaign is so close.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Humdinger wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:34 pm
ricohill wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:23 pm
I wonder what the right price range and time would be? SIU getting $10 million. Illinois is $60 million over 30 years.

Also, I 100% get being attached to Redbird Arena and Hancock Stadium that is a completely fair viewpoint. However, if the devil increases the basketball budget and builds an indoor practice facility, sign me up to join with the devil.
Every community and it's business surroundings presents an entirely different scenario.

Also...the devil, Rico? Give me a break. I wouldn't be opposed to some new blood but - man up and say that to his face, you keyboard warrior. Statements like this make you out to be a wild-haired TROLL. I really don't think you are. (matter of fact, you're probably one hek of a cool cat)

So maybe stop acting like one?
What????? I'm very confused.
Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm

I took that as you were referring to LL as the devil. Perhaps I'm wrong?
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 3:03 pm

Humdinger wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm
I took that as you were referring to LL as the devil. Perhaps I'm wrong?
No, I was referring to chuckie saying, "I think I am "anti-selling our collective souls to a devil" type." earlier in the thread.
Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 pm

TOTAL apologies for my overreaction!
Last edited by Humdinger on Thu May 16, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 3:28 pm

Humdinger wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 pm
TOTAL apologies for my overreaction! I haven't been on good terms with Chuckie lately.
No worries. I have NEVER overacted on this board before...
Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 3:34 pm

ricohill wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:28 pm
Humdinger wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:08 pm
TOTAL apologies for my overreaction!
No worries. I have NEVER overacted on this board before...
Hahaha rightON! Thanks for squaring me up :mrgreen:
Last edited by Humdinger on Thu May 16, 2019 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redbird78
Freshman
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:32 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 3:44 pm

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:53 pm
I guess the price could do it, I just assume the big companies here don't have a few million sitting around in marketing.

And I assumed that we can't use SF because Champaign is so close.
And following up on something Chuckie1980 said:

The CEO of Progressive is an ISU graduate!
User avatar
TIMMY
Senior
Posts: 905
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: 1050 W Addison

Thu May 16, 2019 3:53 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:36 am
The danger of bad naming . . . Guaranteed Rate Field . . . I rest my case.
For 3.4 Mil per you can call it Slap My Ass And Call Me Sally Field.
Image
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1968
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu May 16, 2019 4:27 pm

https://siusalukis.com/news/2019/5/16/s ... ement.aspx

So long SIU Arena (stupid name). Hello Banterra Center (better, I guess). The branding for the arena is BAAAD
ricohill
Senior
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 4:29 pm

Yikes....kind of ugly, but I suppose it fits in with the decor of Carbondale.

10 years, $10 million deal.

Image
BirdFan10
Freshman
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Do you think we can get a bid from Country Insurance just for State Farm to outbid?

Maybe Casey's?
User avatar
chuckie1980
Junior
Posts: 521
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Thu May 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Was the SIU's selection of a Bank just to keep foreclosure costs down?
Post Reply