If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Jefferson Transferring

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Redbird Alum 2004
Senior

Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:13 am

ricohill wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:38 pm
Redbird Alum 2004 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:24 pm
ricohill wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:29 pm

At least Jefferson is keeping quiet about his complaints of Muller. Unlike Mark Smith. Guys like Muller and Underwood would be better off to stop being psycho.
Nice job finding a tweet about Illinois and then using it to disparage coach Muller. It is always refreshing when young adults can keep complaints to themselves and not hear a rumor and spread it around like adults do.
Have you been to a Muller practice? I have. He’s as crazy as Underwood.
How many Underwood practices have you been too?
V Boy
Junior

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:32 am

Humdinger wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:22 am
On the flip side MoSt has FOUR TIMES the budget we have for men's basketball. That'll get Dana in front of players substantially more than Dan.

Four times. Man.
Where are you getting this? I’m pretty sure Missouri St doesn’t have a $10mm/year basketball budget. Wichita’s is like $7mm and pretty sure that was 2x the size of every other Valley program.
ricohill
Senior

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:44 am

Humdinger wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:03 pm
Rico, I believe I've seen you praise Kevin Stallings - but I'm gonna tell you something. Stallings played mind games with his players like you can't believe and he played the psycho part...but he's really not psycho. Just a master at developing mentally tough players. But he was truly hated at times. I'd even say most of the time. Until championships were won, or players graduated and with time got a whole lot of perspective.

Do we even start on Bob Donewald?? That f@*!er was MEAN in his coaching. I'll give him credit for this though. He'd let his players drop kick a basketball through Horton in order to release steam, in the middle of practice during a break in the action.

I don't know as athletes that we ever truly understand our coaches until we get some time away from them. Not a week goes by in my life that I don't think about a few of my coaches. And one of them was the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at Shawshank State Prison.

Oh wait, that's a movie.
What Stallings and Donewald did was great, but that was 20 to 40 years ago now. We all saw what happened to Stallings at the end and Dan is a Stallings clone. We would have had Alec Peters if Dan wasn’t nuts in practice on his visit.

I’m old, but I don’t think the old school way of coaching works that well anymore. Dan running two a days for half the season not only burns guys out, but I believe gets them injured.

I haven’t been to an Underwood practice, but have heard from people that have. He’s nuts. He stole the treadmill idea from Bob Huggins. Dan isn’t on that level, I agree. However, when you about run Paris Lee out of the program you have some issues.

The days of Izzo, Underwood, etc... are numbered and sports will be better when that happens.
ricohill
Senior

Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:45 am

V Boy wrote:
Humdinger wrote:
On the flip side MoSt has FOUR TIMES the budget we have for men's basketball. That'll get Dana in front of players substantially more than Dan.

Four times. Man.
Where are you getting this? I’m pretty sure Missouri St doesn’t have a $10mm/year basketball budget. Wichita’s is like $7mm and pretty sure that was 2x the size of every other Valley program.
It’s not accurate at all.
DWRedbird
Sophomore

Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:59 am

ricohill wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:45 am
V Boy wrote:
Humdinger wrote:

Four times. Man.
It’s not accurate at all.
Unless I'm reading this wrong or looking in the wrong place it looks like Missouri St has a planned basketball budget of 2,160,338
gobirds72
Sophomore

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:03 am

V Boy wrote:
Humdinger wrote:

Four times. Man.

Here is where we are failing! We need to increase our basketball budget! Only a few ways to do this...

1. Take from other programs
2. Be more successful

I don’t know how easy it is these days to do option 1! Basketball is by far a more money generator at this point if the program is run well!
SgtHulka
Senior

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:19 am

I hear Muller is responsible for the rise in shootings in town.

Thanks Muller
Humdinger
Senior

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:02 am

V Boy wrote:
Humdinger wrote:

Four times. Man.
I screwed up. This was back in the "MVC budget" discussion, I found a tweet somewhere and somehow correlated it to MoSt. Looks like they're a little above 3M.

~Dumdinger :oops:
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:21 pm

Humdinger wrote:
V Boy wrote:
Humdinger wrote:

Four times. Man.
I screwed up. This was back in the "MVC budget" discussion, I found a tweet somewhere and somehow correlated it to MoSt. Looks like they're a little above 3M.

Humdoinker?
Bird Friend
Senior

Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:22 pm

ricohill wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:44 am
Humdinger wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:03 pm
Rico, I believe I've seen you praise Kevin Stallings - but I'm gonna tell you something. Stallings played mind games with his players like you can't believe and he played the psycho part...but he's really not psycho. Just a master at developing mentally tough players. But he was truly hated at times. I'd even say most of the time. Until championships were won, or players graduated and with time got a whole lot of perspective.

Do we even start on Bob Donewald?? That f@*!er was MEAN in his coaching. I'll give him credit for this though. He'd let his players drop kick a basketball through Horton in order to release steam, in the middle of practice during a break in the action.

I don't know as athletes that we ever truly understand our coaches until we get some time away from them. Not a week goes by in my life that I don't think about a few of my coaches. And one of them was the hardest screw that ever walked a turn at Shawshank State Prison.

Oh wait, that's a movie.
What Stallings and Donewald did was great, but that was 20 to 40 years ago now. We all saw what happened to Stallings at the end and Dan is a Stallings clone. We would have had Alec Peters if Dan wasn’t nuts in practice on his visit.

I’m old, but I don’t think the old school way of coaching works that well anymore. Dan running two a days for half the season not only burns guys out, but I believe gets them injured.

I haven’t been to an Underwood practice, but have heard from people that have. He’s nuts. He stole the treadmill idea from Bob Huggins. Dan isn’t on that level, I agree. However, when you about run Paris Lee out of the program you have some issues.

The days of Izzo, Underwood, etc... are numbered and sports will be better when that happens.
Got a reference to your claim on Alec Peters?
Humdinger
Senior

Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:21 pm
Humdinger wrote:

Humdoinker?

Could be! With this CBD craze I think I just got a little too enthusiastic with the HumBonger.
Redbird28
Sophomore

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:57 am

SgtHulka wrote:

Thanks Muller
How could that be? I mean, wouldn't shooting percentage go down if he were involved?
gobirds72
Sophomore

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:46 am

Redbird28 wrote:
SgtHulka wrote:

Thanks Muller
How could that be? I mean, wouldn't shooting percentage go down if he were involved?

Roasted!
Bird Friend
Senior

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Redbird28 wrote:
SgtHulka wrote:

Thanks Muller
More shots . . . fewer people actually hit . . .
ISU FAN 1
Senior

Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:40 pm
Redbird28 wrote:
SgtHulka wrote:

Thanks Muller
More shots . . . fewer people actually hit . . .
A lot more shots being taken from distance, lowering percentages. And quick on the trigger, early in the shot clock, with little regard for aiming at the target.
Adunk33
Senior

Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:40 am

Interest from Albany, Colorado State, Nevada, Washington State. He'll also visit Wisconsin-Green Bay on Wednesday. I wonder if he'll get any sort of waiver or just be sit 1 play 1. It'd be hard to believe he would get a waiver, but I can't be surprised with anything the NCAA does.
CaliRdBrd
Senior

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:06 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Interest from Albany, Colorado State, Nevada, Washington State. He'll also visit Wisconsin-Green Bay on Wednesday. I wonder if he'll get any sort of waiver or just be sit 1 play 1. It'd be hard to believe he would get a waiver, but I can't be surprised with anything the NCAA does.
Everyone of those programs is a step up. Interesting they see value where we didn't.....
PurpleRedbird
Freshman

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:41 pm

Not sure I see all of those as a step up, but glad he is finding a better fit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bird Friend
Senior

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:51 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:06 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Everyone of those programs is a step up. Interesting they see value where we didn't.....
Interest is just that, interest. Doesn't mean they're ready to offer. Kid can shoot, so why wouldn't you be interested? Frankly, we don't know that Muller wanted JJ to move on. I see it as pretty likely, or at least a strong discussion about commitment to playing D and telling JJ that no D = no PT. Had JJ committed to play D like Dan wanted, I don't see JJ moving on.
Baltimore Bird
Sophomore

Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:55 pm

I don't necessarily think it was us not seeing the value. I was under the impression it was Jefferson not seeing our value and he elected to transfer. I would sadly agree that most are currently a step up.

It is about time for Muller to mature as a coach like Moser did. He cannot keep running people off each year. The track record is just getting way too long to blame it on the players.

I heard Bryce Harper has been thrown out of 12 games by 12 different umpires. There is one common denominator. The same is true with our bball program.
Redbirds and Cardinals, A Combination that Makes Sense! GO BIRDS!