If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

MVC Game 15

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Santa Cason
Sophomore
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 pm

UNI and Evansville have combined for 84 points with two minutes left.

Panthers up by two.

Garbage.

ricohill
Sophomore
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Santa Cason wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 pm
UNI and Evansville have combined for 84 points with two minutes left.

Panthers up by two.

Garbage.
This might be the worst MVC basketball game I have ever watched. I don't know what it says about me that I suffered through this from start to finish.

UNI is going to go the last 10 minutes of the game without making a basket and still win. Also, this was played in front of a crowd of about 300 tonight in Cedar Falls.

ricohill
Sophomore
Posts: 352
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:55 pm

47-41 UNI "win". Pretty much eliminates any chance of Evansville catching ISU.

Hrtnfldhse
Freshman
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm

UNI comes out with the win.

Santa Cason
Sophomore
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm

The Panthers and the greatest coach in MVC history hang on.

Good for the ‘Birds.

Birdswin
Sophomore
Posts: 282
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Talk about a game that set back Valley basketball - Good Grief Charlie Brown. With 10:27 to go in the second half UNI is up 42-27 - the Panthers do not score another field goal the rest of the game. Yes, they get a few free throws, but not many. Just as sad - Evansville could not catch them. Just awful. Then add in there probably was only about 2,000 people in attendance.

cpacmel
Junior
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 pm

I am shocked that Evansville didn't shoot a single free throw. The ACES of the perpetual movement and screen after screen after screen, not a single free throw.

2nd half UNI had 3 team fouls with :50 to go. Almost as good as Valpo''s first half vs us with 3 fouls for the half.

IHateWSU
Freshman
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:24 pm

I think Taylor had all but 2 of Evansville's pts in 2nd half. We think a lot of our games are hard to watch, this was flat out UGLY! I can't believe I chose to keep watching this instead of the Olympics!

BirdsEyeView
Freshman
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm

Santa Cason wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm
The Panthers and the greatest coach in MVC history hang on.

Good for the ‘Birds.
:dance:

UNI was never going to be good this year. People are in a trance over Jacobson.

ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:43 am

ricohill wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:50 pm
Santa Cason wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:48 pm
UNI and Evansville have combined for 84 points with two minutes left.

Panthers up by two.

Garbage.
This might be the worst MVC basketball game I have ever watched. I don't know what it says about me that I suffered through this from start to finish.

UNI is going to go the last 10 minutes of the game without making a basket and still win. Also, this was played in front of a crowd of about 300 tonight in Cedar Falls.
300? Did they advertise? No billboards in Cedar Falls?

ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1286
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:47 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm
Santa Cason wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm
The Panthers and the greatest coach in MVC history hang on.

Good for the ‘Birds.
:dance:

UNI was never going to be good this year. People are in a trance over Jacobson.
60% of the time, recruiting trumps coaching every time. Got to have the horses to look smart.

Redbirdalum_15
Freshman
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:37 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:37 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:47 am
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm
Santa Cason wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm
The Panthers and the greatest coach in MVC history hang on.

Good for the ‘Birds.
:dance:

UNI was never going to be good this year. People are in a trance over Jacobson.
60% of the time, recruiting trumps coaching every time. Got to have the horses to look smart.
Especially marketing. Gondolas and avantis win everytime

User avatar
chuckie1980
Sophomore
Posts: 322
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:48 am

Even with the crazy year the Birds have been having...I am more concerned on the slide that other teams have been descending in the Mo Valley. It might be time that if the MVC wants to stick around...they, MVC, and EACH college involved, need to reboot with some new energy.

I love the footprint the conference covers.

PLEASE, REDBIRDS.....Win one for the injured.

Santa Cason
Sophomore
Posts: 241
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 am

BirdsEyeView wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm
Santa Cason wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm
The Panthers and the greatest coach in MVC history hang on.

Good for the ‘Birds.
:dance:

UNI was never going to be good this year. People are in a trance over Jacobson.
Agreed. People went nuts because they rallied to finish EIGHT games out last year.

And then lost to Lusk.

So overrated.

BirdsEyeView
Freshman
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:43 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:39 am

Santa Cason wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:18 am
BirdsEyeView wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:12 pm
Santa Cason wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm
The Panthers and the greatest coach in MVC history hang on.

Good for the ‘Birds.
:dance:

UNI was never going to be good this year. People are in a trance over Jacobson.
Agreed. People went nuts because they rallied to finish EIGHT games out last year.

And then lost to Lusk.

So overrated.
And lost their best player who led them in every meaningful statistical category from an average team last year...Jeremy Morgan.

Benson picked them first or second, I thought that was insane.

cpacmel
Junior
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:48 pm

Redbirdsoxfan, just saw this in the sun times today


“The big problem for them is a non-conference [strength-of-schedule ranking] of 280,” CBS bracket expert Jerry Palm said. “It’s hard to see a case for Loyola without winning the league.”
Personally I think Palm is a bit of a hack. But that’s a BIG non-Conf SOS #!

cpacmel
Junior
Posts: 650
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Would have been nice if they staggered these tip times tonight.

Mo state at SIU is on nbc sports Chicago + and Fox Sports Midwest.

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1393
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:56 pm

cpacmel wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:19 pm
Would have been nice if they staggered these tip times tonight.

Mo state at SIU is on nbc sports Chicago + and Fox Sports Midwest.
I think you could say we staggered at the tip time tonight.
Image

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 am

All the home teams won.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

IHateWSU
Freshman
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:23 pm

Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:16 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:37 am
All the home teams won.
Let's hope that happens Saturday also!

Post Reply
  • Information