** SIGNED ** 2018 - Abdou Ndiaye, 6-9/200, PF The Nation Christian Academy

Redbird222
Sophomore
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:24 am
Hearing he really enjoyed his visit.
He’s off to UNLV today and Wichita State on Thursday. Hopefully a decision by Sunday.
:text-+1: :clap:

JHBird
Sophomore
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:31 am

WSU lost a lot of talent. I figure that might entice him to sign there. We could sure use him though. Not sure what to think about UNLV except they have some nice weather and a lot of 'distractions' for a young man. But it's nice to be in his top 3.

JHBird
Sophomore
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:24 am

This is an article from Kansas. Says the kid hasn't been rated by a recruiting service, but if they did he'd be a top 50 2018 prospect. It's going to be hard to say no to Marshall and WSU. Not sure what WSU's recruiting class looks like, but hopefully their current recruits might scare him away. They have his last visit, so that is an advantage to them I guess. But do they have Fort Jesse cafe, or Portillo's in town??? Doubt that! Plus their coach is a prick...

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 11699.html

topiarydan
Freshman
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:09 pm

Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:58 am

There is a spiritual/religious connection angle that I believe Dan has over the other 2 schools

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:19 pm

Abdou is at Wichita State now. I've mentioned a few times that they are likely the front runner due to how his Prep coach connected with Marshall. The Nation twitter account just posted pictures of Abdou on his visit to WSU. That is the only one of the three officials pictures have been posted.

May want to turn our focus to the big kid from Sienna and an immediately eligible big.

bombay
Sophomore
Posts: 373
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 am

Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:35 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:19 pm
Abdou is at Wichita State now. I've mentioned a few times that they are likely the front runner due to how his Prep coach connected with Marshall. The Nation twitter account just posted pictures of Abdou on his visit to WSU. That is the only one of the three officials pictures have been posted.

May want to turn our focus to the big kid from Sienna and an immediately eligible big.

Not sour grapes, but wouldn't the kid from Sienna be preferable? From the video it looks like he has a more developed game.

AgGrad88
Freshman
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:34 am

Good lord, it sounds like his prep coach is making all the decisions for the kid. If you read the article he is way over the top in talking about Wichita St. Does Greg have something on this guy or what?! :shock:

DWRedbird
Sophomore
Posts: 270
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:37 pm

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:36 am

AgGrad88 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:34 am
Good lord, it sounds like his prep coach is making all the decisions for the kid. If you read the article he is way over the top in talking about Wichita St. Does Greg have something on this guy or what?! :shock:
I wouldn't rule us out just yet, but his prep coach does have a bit of a weird man crush on Marshall. I'm hoping NDiaye sees past that and makes his own decision.

DBird
Freshman
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:21 am

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 am

DWRedbird wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:36 am
AgGrad88 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:34 am
Good lord, it sounds like his prep coach is making all the decisions for the kid. If you read the article he is way over the top in talking about Wichita St. Does Greg have something on this guy or what?! :shock:
I wouldn't rule us out just yet, but his prep coach does have a bit of a weird man crush on Marshall. I'm hoping NDiaye sees past that and makes his own decision.
My guess is his coach thinks it will be another "Notch on his coaching belt" If he signs with "THE Witchita State University"

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:03 am

Remember, where Abdou decides to go could have multi-year effect on our program. We offer to him, 2018 out of The Nation, but also offered up-and-comers Marvens Petion (2019, 6'6 combo guard) and Idrissa Bivens (2019 6'3 combo guard). Both from The Nation Prep. There is already a picture of Abdou, Mar$hall, and Petion together from when Mar$hall visited The Nation. We should know in the next few days.

Redbird Alum 2004
Sophomore
Posts: 498
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 am

Shockernet is all in on this kid. Looks like they were expecting a commitment yesterday that never came. I think we are still in this.

DoubleDeuce
Sophomore
Posts: 212
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 am

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:38 pm

Redbird Alum 2004 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 am
Shockernet is all in on this kid. Looks like they were expecting a commitment yesterday that never came. I think we are still in this.
That would make a commitment sooooo sweet.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Junior
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Redbird Alum 2004 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:15 am
Shockernet is all in on this kid. Looks like they were expecting a commitment yesterday that never came. I think we are still in this.
P Lease link. I would like to read it. I went over there and only found one post about Ndiaye and that was someone asking how the visit went.

User avatar
NaperRedbird88
Freshman
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:44 pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:50 pm

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita-st ... ered/page7

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk


Jsnhbe1Birds
Junior
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:05 pm

It would be great if we could get this kid. Extra sweet Wichita fans would be salty. Have a feeling he will end up at Wichita or UNLV though.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Hearing announcement to come Wednesday.

JHBird
Sophomore
Posts: 438
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 pm

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:11 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Hearing announcement to come Wednesday.
Adunk, what do you think our chances are? Better than 5 pct?

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1235
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:17 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Hearing announcement to come Wednesday.
Guess it's not us if it's not on Tuesday.
Image

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1046
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:17 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Hearing announcement to come Wednesday.
Guess it's not us if it's not on Tuesday.
Ha!

I would give Wichita State the lead (50%), followed by us (35%) , and then UNLV (15%).

User avatar
PubIIDreaming
Sophomore
Posts: 212
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:11 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:26 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:17 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Hearing announcement to come Wednesday.
Guess it's not us if it's not on Tuesday.
Ha!

I would give Wichita State the lead (50%), followed by us (35%) , and then UNLV (15%).
Image

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest