Freshman

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:01 am
MPE773 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:29 am
East Coast Bird wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:36 pm
I thought DJ and Andre situation was totally different from playing I thought both violated team rules and DJ simply refused to accept his punishment in April and choose to quit I had no idea that he cut them for ability to play to stay on scholarship. Thanks for the info
I never heard anything about either breaking team rules. I could be wrong. Same with Elvis Harvey the year prior and Jamal Samuel the year before that. Seems like very year we have a guy who doesn't quite cut it here find a new home. Reading between the lines I think it's probably suggested by the coaching staff. As a matter of fact, Muller kind of alluded to this on one of the more recent WZND podcasts.
DJ .... 2 counts of theft under $500, and consumption of alcohol by minor. If there isn't a team rule on this, there should be.

BTW ... Welcome Demontay!
Wasn't that prior to the season? If he was being dismissed for this, it would have happened at the time. He clearly was shown the door for other reasons as well. Not saying it's ok.

TIMMY
Freshman

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:16 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:01 am
MPE773 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:29 am
East Coast Bird wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:36 pm
I thought DJ and Andre situation was totally different from playing I thought both violated team rules and DJ simply refused to accept his punishment in April and choose to quit I had no idea that he cut them for ability to play to stay on scholarship. Thanks for the info
I never heard anything about either breaking team rules. I could be wrong. Same with Elvis Harvey the year prior and Jamal Samuel the year before that. Seems like very year we have a guy who doesn't quite cut it here find a new home. Reading between the lines I think it's probably suggested by the coaching staff. As a matter of fact, Muller kind of alluded to this on one of the more recent WZND podcasts.
DJ .... 2 counts of theft under $500, and consumption of alcohol by minor. If there isn't a team rule on this, there should be.

BTW ... Welcome Demontay!
At Illinois that earns you a good citizen award.

• Information