If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

2018 - Ricky Torres, 6-3/170 PG, Missouri State - West Plains

Post Reply
User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:39 pm

Per Verbal Commits, we've offered.

2018 - Ricky Torres, 6-3/170 PG, Missouri State - West Plains
http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/ricky-torres

Averages: 18.0 ppg, 4.4 rpg, 7.8 apg, 1.6 spg
Shoots: 53.7% / 44.1% / 72.0%


Image

redblood
Freshman
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:31 am

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:07 pm

So how can we still be recruiting for next year? We are already -1 on the scholarship matrix, sounds like the proverbial swinging door is expected again evidently.

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:21 pm

redblood wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:07 pm
So how can we still be recruiting for next year? We are already -1 on the scholarship matrix, sounds like the proverbial swinging door is expected again evidently.
Recruiting adage: Never stop recruiting.
Image

Baltimore Bird
Freshman
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:12 pm

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Agreed, you never know!
Redbirds and Cardinals, A Combination that Makes Sense! GO BIRDS!

redbird Recon
Freshman
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:22 am

Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:35 pm

Guessing that VT offer looks good right now.

ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 am

Yes please. Already looks much better than most of our current backcourt.

ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1255
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:55 am

redbird Recon wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:35 pm
Guessing that VT offer looks good right now.
Could be one FBI wire tap of Buzz Williams, and subsequent probation away from landing him? Buzz feels the FBI heat. That's why he's sweating thru all his suits.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 am

Just watched about half of his tape. 14 min is a long one!

What I didn't like: He attacks the bucket on a 1-2 transition. That can be effective (he shows in the tape) but, it's not super effective against D1 players. Watch EC, KE, or pretty much anyone on the current team. They don't get too ahead of themselves and typically pull the ball back up. But if he can finish regularly, I can dig it. Also, some of his passing/assists were more of a credit to him having teammates who can finish versus him making a good pass.

What I did like: He can shoot off the dribble and spot up. One of the things that tough for shooters to learn is how to shoot without your feet being exactly how you want them. You'll see in the tape on 4-5 occasions he sees an open shot and takes it. He has a pretty quick trigger. I also liked the video began with passing highlights, though none really "wowed" me, it shows he has at least SOME court vision and good decision making abilities.

He looks like he'd be a good get, but most players do on their highlight tape.

birdballfan
Freshman
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:09 am

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:08 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:56 am
Just watched about half of his tape. 14 min is a long one!

What I didn't like: He attacks the bucket on a 1-2 transition. That can be effective (he shows in the tape) but, it's not super effective against D1 players. Watch EC, KE, or pretty much anyone on the current team. They don't get too ahead of themselves and typically pull the ball back up. But if he can finish regularly, I can dig it. Also, some of his passing/assists were more of a credit to him having teammates who can finish versus him making a good pass.

What I did like: He can shoot off the dribble and spot up. One of the things that tough for shooters to learn is how to shoot without your feet being exactly how you want them. You'll see in the tape on 4-5 occasions he sees an open shot and takes it. He has a pretty quick trigger. I also liked the video began with passing highlights, though none really "wowed" me, it shows he has at least SOME court vision and good decision making abilities.

He looks like he'd be a good get, but most players do on their highlight tape.
I would like to see his TO highlights to make sure he meets the teams expectations!! (sarcasm)

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:58 pm

redblood wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:07 pm
So how can we still be recruiting for next year? We are already -1 on the scholarship matrix, sounds like the proverbial swinging door is expected again evidently.
Remember last year and what happened? Muller ended up giving a couple of bogus schlorships this year. Keep recruiting baby..always over recruit and not under recruit.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:13 pm

Wichita State

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:54 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:13 pm
Wichita State
Makes sense. Immediate playing time and potentially immediate impact guy. Like I said, I’d never count out Marshall.
Image

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1203
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:49 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:54 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:13 pm
Wichita State
Makes sense. Immediate playing time and potentially immediate impact guy. Like I said, I’d never count out Marshall.
Unless he's playing in Saint Louis and he "sees some interesting things."

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1282
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:53 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:49 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:54 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:13 pm
Wichita State
Makes sense. Immediate playing time and potentially immediate impact guy. Like I said, I’d never count out Marshall.
Unless he's playing in Saint Louis and he "sees some interesting things."
Don't get me wrong. I don't like the guy, but he wins.
Image

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest