Taylor looking to transfer from Evansville

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
ChiRedbirdfan
Senior
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:54 am

Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:03 pm
cpacmel wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:59 pm
Bird Friend, that was 2011. He took a ton of heat for that. I gave you examples from just the past few seasons where it happened. (Pitt to UNC, Michigan to Indiana, Michigan to Purdue, Michigan to Ohio State that’s kind of a big rivalry).

Just saying blocking kids on grad transfers isn’t what it was 7 years ago. A ton of bad PR comes your way if you do that these days.

And it does matter what the MVC rule is to. It might not be allowed by the conference period. Every conference sets their own rules on that.
It won't matter, 'cuz he's not going to look here, but I'll ask the question anyway.

How many of those made the receiving team immediately the top pick in their conference for the following season? Like I said, Evansville can still block it. And, frankly, they'd be idiots to not block it to another Valley school.
If Taylor wants to get his masters in a major that Evansville does not offer then I believe Taylor becomes basically unrestricted. I am not positive but I thought that players using the “hey you don’t offer the masters degree I want to obtain” loophole was how players were getting to transfer anyplace they wanted to transfer....as long as the new school offers a masters degree that Evansville does not offer.

User avatar
Redbirdwarrior
Sophomore
Posts: 351
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 am

I just adore you guys. Did you see the list of schools that are swooning over this guy? How many perennial T25 and tourney teams are on that list? 11? 12? Plus some of the top academic institutions on earth with Northwestern, Vandy, Georgetown. Why should Dan be wasting his time trying to get an obscure rule navigated against in the SLIGHT chance that

A) This kid will be allowed to get through that.
B) This kid will want to forgo a year at either a top 25 basketball or top 25 academic institution to come to Illinois State.

I love our school, guys. I do. But you all HAVE TO START LOOKING AT REALISM HERE. ISU is growing and fiscally safe, which is great, but athletically it isn't Purdue, UCLA or Wisconsin. Academically, it isn't Vandy, Georgetown or U of I YET. This guy is looking at right here- right now. What would Dan possibly go in selling against those other programs?

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior
Posts: 881
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:38 am

Redbirdwarrior wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:20 am
I just adore you guys. Did you see the list of schools that are swooning over this guy? How many perennial T25 and tourney teams are on that list? 11? 12? Plus some of the top academic institutions on earth with Northwestern, Vandy, Georgetown. Why should Dan be wasting his time trying to get an obscure rule navigated against in the SLIGHT chance that

A) This kid will be allowed to get through that.
B) This kid will want to forgo a year at either a top 25 basketball or top 25 academic institution to come to Illinois State.

I love our school, guys. I do. But you all HAVE TO START LOOKING AT REALISM HERE. ISU is growing and fiscally safe, which is great, but athletically it isn't Purdue, UCLA or Wisconsin. Academically, it isn't Vandy, Georgetown or U of I YET. This guy is looking at right here- right now. What would Dan possibly go in selling against those other programs?
Eureka...of course he is not coming here...we are talking in general about the NCAA/MVC grad transfer policy. Same if Custer transfers out of Loyola...he is almost certainly not going to another MVC school but he still has to meet certain NCAA criteria in order to transfer and play right away.


Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 914
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm

Taylor his committed to Northwestern.

DoubleDeuce
Freshman
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:46 am

Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm
Taylor his committed to Northwestern.
A directional school????

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1185
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm

DoubleDeuce wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm
Taylor his committed to Northwestern.
A directional school????
That isn't anywhere near the northwest.
Image

FriscoBird90
Freshman
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:12 am

Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm
DoubleDeuce wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:56 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:41 pm
Taylor his committed to Northwestern.
A directional school????
That isn't anywhere near the northwest.
No, no, no. Northwestern Mutual Insurance.

reggieman
Freshman
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:28 am

Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:22 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm

That isn't anywhere near the northwest.
but Northwestern was founded in 1851, and at that time, it was pretty much the northwest limit of the civilized United States
http://www.sonofthesouth.net/slavery/sl ... es-650.jpg

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1185
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:32 pm

reggieman wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:22 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:12 pm

That isn't anywhere near the northwest.
but Northwestern was founded in 1851, and at that time, it was pretty much the northwest limit of the civilized United States
http://www.sonofthesouth.net/slavery/sl ... es-650.jpg
Iowa, Wisconsin, and California were already states. The US already owned what is now the Continental US, except for a small portion South of Arizona and New Mexico.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_ ... bureau.jpg
Image

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests