If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

QUOTES FROM COACH 02-11-18

The place to talk Redbird Women's Basketball
Love+basketball
Freshman

Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 pm

TIMMY wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 pm
Well that's a big change in philosophy she's gone thru. She went 9 deep over 12 minutes last year. 8 players over 16 minutes the year before that. And AAU is pay to play. Not pay to watch. Keep trying.
Competitive/ elite AAU is not pay for play some are sponsored...none facts above. Just move on I did. Let’s go red birds.

Reggie Redbird
Sophomore

Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:42 pm

Love+basketball wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 am
TIMMY wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 am
Bo-Peep wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:35 am

You are entitled to that opinion! :shhh:
So, you're saying playing time should not be earned? :shhh:
Timmy agree and disagree...so in this case disagree to your blanket statement on playing time is earned it is not that cut and dry at this level. What you reference is high school and AAU level. This is not Coach Strategy and way as we can see. Coach has set a strategy that was decided early on in the season and she has not deviated from it all this season. To say the bench has not stepped up in pratice is borderline offensive/ disparaging to their hard work on and off the court per their positive demonstration last Sunday and ALL my previous points above in posts. Even the full UConn wbb doesn’t clear the roster/bench but that doesn’t mean they didn’t step up in practice Coach has a strategy and that what it is...

@ Bo peep she it not changing her strategy at the end of the season nor for conference tournament no matter what even with injuries..so let's just cheer theTEAM on and look forward to a longer becnch next season :clap: :clap: :clap:
So we have five signed scholarship players coming in next year, two open unfilled scholarships held over, and one departing senior... :eusa-think:

Evansville is one of the worst D-1 level teams. They invest very little in their program compared to other conference schools, especially what ours does. They have three wins; two of them non-D1. I would hope all players on our team could go out there and compete with their roster.

I am glad to hear our players play hard in practice. I'll go back to my previous statement: Perhaps Gillespie has assessed performance of particular players and it isn't up to what she feels is competitive during a game. Can you think of any other reason a coach would not play particular players when the team is sorely in need of wins?

TIMMY
Junior

Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:24 am

Love+basketball wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 pm
TIMMY wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:48 pm
Well that's a big change in philosophy she's gone thru. She went 9 deep over 12 minutes last year. 8 players over 16 minutes the year before that. And AAU is pay to play. Not pay to watch. Keep trying.
Competitive/ elite AAU is not pay for play some are sponsored...none facts above. Just move on I did. Let’s go red birds.
Don't let none facts get in the way of your agenda.
And it's REDBIRDS not Red Birds.
I'll move on now. :lol:

Love+basketball
Freshman

Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:54 am

Reggie Redbird wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:42 pm
Love+basketball wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 am
TIMMY wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:01 am

So, you're saying playing time should not be earned? :shhh:
Timmy agree and disagree...so in this case disagree to your blanket statement on playing time is earned it is not that cut and dry at this level. What you reference is high school and AAU level. This is not Coach Strategy and way as we can see. Coach has set a strategy that was decided early on in the season and she has not deviated from it all this season. To say the bench has not stepped up in pratice is borderline offensive/ disparaging to their hard work on and off the court per their positive demonstration last Sunday and ALL my previous points above in posts. Even the full UConn wbb doesn’t clear the roster/bench but that doesn’t mean they didn’t step up in practice Coach has a strategy and that what it is...

@ Bo peep she it not changing her strategy at the end of the season nor for conference tournament no matter what even with injuries..so let's just cheer theTEAM on and look forward to a longer becnch next season :clap: :clap: :clap:
So we have five signed scholarship players coming in next year, two open unfilled scholarships held over, and one departing senior... :eusa-think:

Evansville is one of the worst D-1 level teams. They invest very little in their program compared to other conference schools, especially what ours does. They have three wins; two of them non-D1. I would hope all players on our team could go out there and compete with their roster.

I am glad to hear our players play hard in practice. I'll go back to my previous statement: Perhaps Gillespie has assessed performance of particular players and it isn't up to what she feels is competitive during a game. Can you think of any other reason a coach would not play particular players when the team is sorely in need of wins?

I think we are saying the same thing just a little differently....I have been a part of, watched and followed wbb a long time. My whole point was there is no need to criticize these kids/bench about not “stepping up” when these ladies continuously work hard on and off the court, obviously they do have the skills to compete at this level and are committed to be athletic scholars and are buying in to Coach G process. They may not just have the right combination of skills or fit in her strategy at this MOMMENT of what she wants to make a big impact in her 1st year. Last year they were given a raw deal with little development and experience. ISU wbb is still a young team. I also wanted to dismiss all the talk about playing time...I have not seen a coach yet play a full bench let alone a player that gets more than ample time all four years or plays all four years. Most players come up in the program. I admit I have seen better rotations to augment or fire up the offense ...an area where we struggle a bit....I am just happy this year we are competing and i can tolerate watching more games because we are not chucking the ball up and the shot selection is impressive this year. I hope these ladies continue to be #Redbirds4life and thrive in this life experience..

TIMMY
Junior

Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:58 pm

ok I get you know nothing about sports and you're going to keep on with the criticism about my step up comment. so let me give it to you this way. Cubs Jason Heyward has not hit a lick in two years. By all accounts he is the hardest worker on the team. He is an imposing physical specimen. But if he doesn't STEP UP AND START HITTING he's going to lose playing time to Ian Happ. There you go. I even used it in a sentence for you. REDBIRDS.

Love+basketball
Freshman

Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:56 pm

Why so hostile...lol. I thought you were moving on, on this. I have, I was addresssing Reggie Redbird question to ME in a healthy non insulting discussion at some level of agreement with him and a variation on difference of opinion. Sensitive much....enjoy your day!

TIMMY
Junior

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:12 pm

Love+basketball wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:56 pm
Why so hostile...lol. I thought you were moving on, on this. I have, I was addresssing Reggie Redbird question to ME in a healthy non insulting discussion at some level of agreement with him and a variation on difference of opinion. Sensitive much....enjoy your day!
REDBIRDS :shhh:

Love+basketball
Freshman

Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm

Lol...what ever! 🙃

TIMMY
Junior

Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:35 pm

Love+basketball wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm
Lol...what ever! 🙃
whatever