If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Indiana St.

The place to talk Redbird Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Total Red
Sophomore

Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Indiana St. has a very good dual threat QB that transferred in from U. of Iowa. The solution to dealing with him involves the same strategy our opponents have used to shut down Robinson and the Redbird offense in recent games. We need to reclaim the line of scrimmage and we need to do it on both sides of the ball. INSU is on the rise and tough in Terre Haute but it's still a team we can match up with and I expect the Redbirds to come off the ball and sustain the effort until the whistle blows.

Redbirds 28
Sycs 23

cpacmel
Junior

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 am

Illinois State -10

Over / under 53

fourthandshort
Senior

Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:58 am

cpacmel wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 am
Illinois State -10

Over / under 53
so 31.5 to 21.5 at InSU ... if we hold them to 21 at their place, that will be impressive.

I would be betting the over on points, and the under on spread .. InSU to cover.

But InSU defense has some holes .. it may be just what our struggling offense needs after 3 rough games against 3 of the top 4 defenses in MVFC.

Defensively, we usually do pretty well against dual threat QBs, but this guy is new unknown (Iowa transfer) and getting better each week. Their offense hardly skipped a beat after losing their league leading RB stud 2 weeks ago. Our gap discipline and staying home has been very good for most part (ignoring NDSU Stick, when we stuffed their run game except for Stick) all season. Though our DBs had a little trouble with couple RPO plays against SDSU .. fortunately they overthrew one and WR dropped another .. Christion decoyed us well on those .. hopefully learned lesson after watching film.

So I'm picturing a higher scoring game, but that is assuming our OL bounces back and our QB can keep their back 7 honest. Looking at Kolbe's stats last game ... he was 21-27 with 2 TDs and 2 picks. Lot of that was later in game and underneath. So he was hitting his receivers. But the picks were all on Kolbe telegraphing and not seeing field. And we only went deep once late .. I swear UNI was lulled to sleep seeing us throw underneath the whole time. The strategy makes some sense .. but it was too little too late. I think we need to do more with pass game earlier.

Rough 3 weeks for offense against 3 best teams in MVFC. Need our OL to get back on track ... InSU defense ought to be the game to do that.
Redbird Nation Rising ... Fans and donors need to get on board !!

chuckie1980
Sophomore

Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:36 pm

ISU 35
ISU 24

I can't decide which color for which ISU.

chuckie1980
Sophomore

Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:23 am

and FYI...Sycamores will be the Homecoming 2019 opponent next season (oct26)

fourthandshort
Senior

Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:43 am

Spack just sent his weekly letter to End Zone Club members .. Davis is healthy enough and getting all the 1st team reps this week in practice.

I normally wouldn't post this and won't do it again, but this week we are playing for our playoff lives, and we need to turn corner on this funk we're in .. so here is excerpt from what Spack said in his weekly letter about this game:

"This Saturday our young defense will face what I think maybe the best QB yet in Iowa transfer #10 Ryan Boyle. Boyle was the National Player of the week and accounted for 7 touchdowns (5 throwing and 2 running) against South Dakota. The Sycamores run a 4-3 structured defense. They are an improved unit that plays hard. Their Special teams are solid. For us to win this game our defense must control the Qb runs and scrambles. Though they have good receivers, Boyle has been their entire offense the last couple of weeks. We need to gain field position through our kicking game while setting up or creating a score. We must protect the football and get back to being “US” on offense. Also, we need to get back to starting fast and finishing faster. I can’t wait till Saturday. Go Birds.".

Anyone interested in joining the End Zone Club should contact Randy Clark at randy.clark@busey.com. This is a great club that helps raise funds to stock the players with supplemental nutrition needed throughout the year .. helps players put and keep weight on year round with healthy food and supplement options. There are other benefits for members related to access to coaches information that public is not privy to. I get periodic invites to special football events, plus weekly letter from Spack giving incites on team and upcoming opponent. Regardless of that, I do it because of what it does for the players. And it is nice to be able to show recruits there are nutritional options for players outside of cafeteria and their apartment frig.

Any of you ever see what's in a college kids frig ... it's not pretty, it's not healthy. Contact Randy for low pressure sales pitch .. great guy !!

p.s. I am not Randy.

Phantom
Sophomore

Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:22 am

Maybe if we are actually ready to play at the start of the game for a change, we'll have a shot at winning.

Total Red
Sophomore

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:34 pm

fourthandshort wrote:
Spack just sent his weekly letter to End Zone Club members .

This is a great club that helps raise funds to stock the players with supplemental nutrition needed throughout the year .. helps players put and keep weight on year round with healthy food and supplement options. There are other benefits for members related to access to coaches information that public is not privy to. I get periodic invites to special football events, plus weekly letter from Spack giving incites on team and upcoming opponent.

That sounds very enticing. It's a shame it doesn't always work as you describe. I joined the End Zone Club in 2017 and I know they had my email address because I was briefly on the mailing list. Then I renewed and increased my contribution to the EZC in May of '18 but I have never rec'd a single newsletter regarding upcoming games and I haven't had an EZC email since January. #underwhelmed

I'm following up with athletic dept personnel because I made the contribution through them but I left a message 24 hours ago and I have yet to recieve a reply.

Total Red
Sophomore

Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:37 pm

beat the blue

fourthandshort
Senior

Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Total Red wrote:
fourthandshort wrote:

This is a great club that helps raise funds to stock the players with supplemental nutrition needed throughout the year .. helps players put and keep weight on year round with healthy food and supplement options. There are other benefits for members related to access to coaches information that public is not privy to. I get periodic invites to special football events, plus weekly letter from Spack giving incites on team and upcoming opponent.

That sounds very enticing. It's a shame it doesn't always work as you describe. I joined the End Zone Club in 2017 and I know they had my email address because I was briefly on the mailing list. Then I renewed and increased my contribution to the EZC in May of '18 but I have never rec'd a single newsletter regarding upcoming games and I haven't had an EZC email since January. #underwhelmed

I'm following up with athletic dept personnel because I made the contribution through them but I left a message 24 hours ago and I have yet to recieve a reply.
not good, hope they fix it right away for you. I have had no problems. Like i said, I do it for the players .. the additional access to coaches info is nice, but I would do it regardless.

But that is obviously no excuse ...they need to be more careful with their distribution lists and do what they promised for their donor members. Hopefully someone (you or they) accidentally typo'd an email address that kicked back and it's as simple as that.

ricohill
Junior

Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:00 pm

fourthandshort wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 pm
Total Red wrote:
fourthandshort wrote:

That sounds very inticing. It's a shame it doesn't always work as you describe. I joined the End Zone Club in 2017 and I know they had my email address because I was briefly on the mailing list. Then I renewed and increased my contribution to the EZC in May of '18 but I have never rec'd a single newsletter regarding upcoming games and I haven't had an EZC email since January. #underwhelmed

not good, hope they fix it right away for you. I have had no problems. Like i said, I do it for the players .. the additional access to coaches info is nice, but I would do it regardless.

But that is obviously no excuse ...they need to be more careful with their distribution lists and do what they promised for their donor members. Hopefully someone (you or they) accidentally typo'd an email address that kicked back and it's as simple as that.
I got information on signing up for this once and wish I would have. Who actually runs this? Is it the Football program or the athletic department?

RedbirdSF67
Freshman

Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:42 am

Birds run big time today, James over 200. Defense needs to come up big with a few turnovers to keep Indiana State under 40.

Birds 42-35 Trees.

Adunk33
Senior

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:16 pm

....Himmleman to be converted to tight end....

fourthandshort
Senior

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:29 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:16 pm
....Himmleman to be converted to tight end....
I see what you did there

StLRedbird
Sophomore

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:58 pm

POT now even. Let's get after it, 'birds.

fourthandshort
Senior

Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Smith making nice runs but has to hold onto that ball ...on our way to score and go up 17-0 or 13-0 ... or at worst, punt and back them inside their 10 ... now they get a little life, and its 10-7.

get that momentum back !!!

SoCalRedbird
Sophomore

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:05 pm

We're giving this away. Come on Birds!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fourthandshort
Senior

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Boyle isn't beating us, we're beating ourselves with 2 TOs and penalties.

fourthandshort
Senior

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:12 pm

another penalty ... start drive on 11 instead of 32

fourthandshort
Senior

Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:15 pm

so that 10 yard penalty cost us 20 yards of field position ... now we go 3 and out.

• Information