If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Conference USA Scheduling

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
ISU86
Freshman

Tue May 29, 2018 10:19 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:29 am
bb fan wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:25 am
So, what happened at the CUSA tourney?
men and women played at the same time in a big arena split in two
horrible environment. not inviting at all. very impersonal.

Yes and no. Yes in that both tournaments held at Ford Center over same dates; no in that it was not men and women games going at same time (either two mens or two womens simultaneously) ... not that it matters much.

As far as scheduling, if conferences are truly worried about seeding send their regular season champion - more likely to have better RPI. But every conference is greedy for money and bids.
no matter where you go ... there you are

isuquinndog
Site Admin

Wed May 30, 2018 8:49 am

Anytime I see multiple games being played at the same time in the same place I assume its a high school team camp or AAU tournament.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

Redbird222
Sophomore

Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:30 am

As predicted by many, the increase conference games by Big Ten and other P5 will impact Mid Majors. The long standing tradition of Iowa, Iowa St, UNI, and Drake playing each other is coming to an end.

In its release, Iowa said "UNI and Drake are not currently included on future Iowa men’s basketball schedules."

Iowa State athletics director Jamie Pollard said in a statement that although the Cyclones "would certainly welcome continuing to play games against UNI or Drake in the future, our ability to do that will most likely depend on each of their institution’s willingness to play games in Hilton Coliseum."

https://amp.desmoinesregister.com/amp/7 ... ssion=true

RBFANTOO
Freshman

Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:57 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 1:45 pm
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:29 am
bb fan wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:25 am
So, what happened at the CUSA tourney?
men and women played at the same time in a big arena split in two
horrible environment. not inviting at all. very impersonal.

This has me in total awe. How would they think this is a good idea? CUSA has completely imploded from the one that had Louisville, Marquette, Cincy, etc.

As far as the scheduling thing... not sure I'm a fan
:text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1:
Redbird Nation Rising

• Information