The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Humdinger
Senior

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:30 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:45 am
I didn't want to start a thread but had a thought. A few years back, Muller stated there was mutual interest with him and Dayton for their HC job. That suggests Muller sees the A10 as a step up career-wise from the MVC. With that said, the A10 currently has two HC vacancies at Rhode Island and La Salle. I'm sure Muller IS NOT looking for a new gig, he would be completely foolish to leave what he calls potentially the team with the "most talent he's had at ISU." The likelihood of this happening is less than 1% but it's just a thought. If a run is made next season, Muller could be getting some calls again and will have no Key, Phil, or Milik to come back to.
Next year we have the best talent we’ve had in a long time is often coach-speak to keep fans interested.
99.9% of the time it’s bs. In our case there seems to be a bit of truth but, as usual, there are a million intangibles.
Dan's not big on hyperbole. I believe he was just giving it straight.

Which does bring up another point, which is...EXPECTATIONS. Can we handle the expectations that are coming our way?

CaliRdBrd
Sophomore

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:44 pm

Humdinger wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:30 pm
CaliRdBrd wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:45 am
I didn't want to start a thread but had a thought. A few years back, Muller stated there was mutual interest with him and Dayton for their HC job. That suggests Muller sees the A10 as a step up career-wise from the MVC. With that said, the A10 currently has two HC vacancies at Rhode Island and La Salle. I'm sure Muller IS NOT looking for a new gig, he would be completely foolish to leave what he calls potentially the team with the "most talent he's had at ISU." The likelihood of this happening is less than 1% but it's just a thought. If a run is made next season, Muller could be getting some calls again and will have no Key, Phil, or Milik to come back to.
Next year we have the best talent we’ve had in a long time is often coach-speak to keep fans interested.
99.9% of the time it’s bs. In our case there seems to be a bit of truth but, as usual, there are a million intangibles.
Dan's not big on hyperbole. I believe he was just giving it straight.

Which does bring up another point, which is...EXPECTATIONS. Can we handle the expectations that are coming our way?
MY coming back is huge, as is Fayne and KE...and maybe Tinsley, but have lots of concerns about EC, DN and as always...the unknowns (Rey, MW, etc)

Bird Friend
Senior

Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:41 pm

chuckie1980
Sophomore

Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:59 am

That was a good article.

• Information