Loyola

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Tpguy
Sophomore

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:25 pm

If you check back on the old board bbfan and I both predicted a national championship for Loyola when they joined the MVC

Redbird222
Freshman

Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:50 pm

Redbirdfan21 wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:04 am
Was rooting for Porter, Loyola, and the MVC up until now. Been a life long Michigan fan, longer than ISU, in fact. I choose to say I’m rooting for Yak over Porter, as opposed to rooting against Loyola tomorrow. I am dreading the day that ISU plays Michigan in any MBB or FB...
You can watch 1990 reruns of the NCAA tournament. Good game but disappointing final results for the birds.

bb fan
Sophomore

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:06 pm

I literally counted over a dozen times the game announcers said Loyola was from the Missouri Valley conference just during the last game alone. The logo is on the animated scorers table all the time. This will mean hundreds of thousands of dollars if not a million in new advertising for the Valley. So maybe it didn't happen until this year, but it is happening BIG for the Valley. This is bigger than Wichita making it, because of the Chicago impact alone.

The discussions about Loyola being in the conference was another example of the last few years how a specific group of posters continue to spin we stink, the Valley stinks, etc. We can't do anything right. And another fail by that contingent, frankly this time, an epic fail. There were some of us defending it, and we were told we did not get it. My point was that it was a Chicago team. And who knows, maybe Belmont or Murray State might have just as well pulled this off, but it would have never, ever in a million years have the impact a Chicago team has had. That was my point. I remember the quote specifically in reply to one of my posts... "nobody in Chicago would even notice Loyola was in the Valley". I know, it reads like I am patting myself on the back (others were saying what I did as well). My point is so very often, some folks go out of their way to slam the Valley, and very often when it's not warranted. Rant over. Thanks for listening :)

RedbirdSoxFan
Sophomore

Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Redbird222 wrote:
Redbirdfan21 wrote:
Was rooting for Porter, Loyola, and the MVC up until now. Been a life long Michigan fan, longer than ISU, in fact. I choose to say I’m rooting for Yak over Porter, as opposed to rooting against Loyola tomorrow. I am dreading the day that ISU plays Michigan in any MBB or FB...
You can watch 1990 reruns of the NCAA tournament. Good game but disappointing final results for the birds.
Was good for about 39 minutes.

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:38 pm

bb fan wrote:
I literally counted over a dozen times the game announcers said Loyola was from the Missouri Valley conference just during the last game alone. The logo is on the animated scorers table all the time. This will mean hundreds of thousands of dollars if not a million in new advertising for the Valley. So maybe it didn't happen until this year, but it is happening BIG for the Valley. This is bigger than Wichita making it, because of the Chicago impact alone.

The discussions about Loyola being in the conference was another example of the last few years how a specific group of posters continue to spin we stink, the Valley stinks, etc. We can't do anything right. And another fail by that contingent, frankly this time, an epic fail. There were some of us defending it, and we were told we did not get it. My point was that it was a Chicago team. And who knows, maybe Belmont or Murray State might have just as well pulled this off, but it would have never, ever in a million years have the impact a Chicago team has had. That was my point. I remember the quote specifically in reply to one of my posts... "nobody in Chicago would even notice Loyola was in the Valley". I know, it reads like I am patting myself on the back (others were saying what I did as well). My point is so very often, some folks go out of their way to slam the Valley, and very often when it's not warranted. Rant over. Thanks for listening :)
BB as you mentioned above...yes you were patting yourself on your back...consistent with a majority of your posts in which are you are either discussing others on this board or yourself vs the ISU/Redbirds. Forget that come to parlor pizza tomorrow and watch the Loyola vs Mich game.

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:45 pm

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:38 pm
bb fan wrote:

BB as you mentioned above...yes you were patting yourself on your back...consistent with a majority of your posts in which are you are either discussing others on this board or yourself vs the ISU/Redbirds. Forget that come to parlor pizza tomorrow and watch the Loyola vs Mich game.
come on BB enjoy the humor

Phantom
Freshman

Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:20 am

RedbirdSoxFan wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:06 pm
Redbird222 wrote:
Redbirdfan21 wrote:
Was good for about 39 minutes.
You guys beat me to it. We were "supposed" to get drilled by 30 but played extremely well and lost by 6. I have that game on tape somewhere.

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:08 am

Even if Loyola falls today does Loyola end up in the top 10 in the final poll? I am guessing they end up ranked around 10-12 unless they lose by 20+.

bb fan
Sophomore

Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:32 am

OK, Chiredbirdfan, show me another discussion where I was patting myself on the back. Maybe there was one other about Paris Lee (where the usual suspects were saying he was bad), but that's it. Hardly an indication that I am always do it.

It would be great to come up there to watch the game with you today. I want to. Again, I have this longstanding agreement to do a painting demo at a local mall this afternoon. I will probably miss the first part of the game just getting home here to see it as it is. Let me know any other events.

Sometimes, it just gets tiring to come on here and see so many discussions picked on with the ISU stinks and the Valley stinks diatribe. When very often it is mostly wrong.

RBFANTOO
Freshman

Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:01 pm

Chicagobirdfan wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:48 pm
RBFANTOO wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:52 am
I seem to remember that there were posters on this forum that were not very happy when Loyola was invited to join the MVC. Does anyone else recall these objections? Looks pretty silly now. ;)
There has been a lot of “I told you so” about Loyola during this tournament run. I believe your comment is more of a joke RBFANTOO so not singling you out but i find this very interesting.

While it is awesome for the valley and I for one am happy Loyola was added to the conference, the negatives associated with adding them are still there including the fact that they have 0 fan support whatsoever. Good to see some fans have come out during the run but I think I have seen more Loyola fans at these NCAA tournament games than they average on a nightly basis in the high school gym they cannot even sell out unless they are playing ISU. Look at how many fans they brought down to the arch even as the #1 seed... they essentially played a road game each day.

Additionally, until this year, they have don’t nothing to further the reputation of the conference especially considering the powerhouse team they replaced. Hopefully they are on the road to being a good team for years to come in the valley, but after this class graduates who knows.

I will be cheering for Loyola almost as hard as I would for an ISU game and legit think they have a shot to win 2 more games, but think we need to stop getting carried away with the “I told you so, Anyone who sees negatives adding Loyola was wrong.”
"Additionally, until this year, they have don’t nothing to further the reputation of the conference especially considering the powerhouse team they replaced". Huh???? Who in their right mind thought they would replace Wichita, or Creighton or New Mexico State or Cincinnati or even Tulsa?
My wife and I went to Gentile Arena a few years ago and yes there were more Redbird fans there than LUC fans. However, I can't believe you don't see how much better their team is today and how much more media exposure is present now. It's great for the MVC. No one is getting carried away with “I told you so" but you really should try to see how much LUC is a benefit to the Valley and yes also to the ISU Redbirds. This flood of media attention is going to raise all of the MVC boats. Get on board.
Redbird Nation Rising

Redbird222
Freshman

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:05 pm

I just came back from Meijer and they have Loyola final 4 t-shirts for 18.99. I am in the western suburbs.

ISU FAN 1
Senior

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:27 pm

bb fan wrote:
OK, Chiredbirdfan, show me another discussion where I was patting myself on the back. Maybe there was one other about Paris Lee (where the usual suspects were saying he was bad), but that's it. Hardly an indication that I am always do it.

It would be great to come up there to watch the game with you today. I want to. Again, I have this longstanding agreement to do a painting demo at a local mall this afternoon. I will probably miss the first part of the game just getting home here to see it as it is. Let me know any other events.

Sometimes, it just gets tiring to come on here and see so many discussions picked on with the ISU stinks and the Valley stinks diatribe. When very often it is mostly wrong.
Your lack of self awareness is epic.

ISU FAN 1
Senior

Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:45 pm

Michigan’s going to regret not burying Loyola during the Ramblers near 8 minute FG drought.

WoodlandWarrior
Freshman

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Ramblers looking good. I hope they can hold on!

birdballfan
Freshman

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:04 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:27 pm
bb fan wrote:

Your lack of self awareness is epic.
Says the I'm never wrong narcisist!!!!

SoCalRedbird
Freshman

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:11 pm

Anybody know why Loyola covered up the Valley logo? Michigan has their B1G logo under their blue NCAA patch. Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ISU FAN 1
Senior

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:14 pm

SoCalRedbird wrote:
Anybody know why Loyola covered up the Valley logo? Michigan has their B1G logo under their blue NCAA patch. Image

Per bill board fan, that’ll cost us millions.

bb fan
Sophomore

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:15 pm

It's one their shorts.

Kinda think the way the FF logo on UM's unit is ugly. It overlaps the piping.

Chicagobirdfan
Freshman

Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:57 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:14 pm
SoCalRedbird wrote:

:lol:
Per bill board fan, that’ll cost us millions.

Redbird222
Freshman

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:06 pm

Wagner and Coach Yak defense the difference

• Information