If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Loyola

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
DWRedbird
Sophomore

Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:27 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:18 am
DWRedbird wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 am
Redbirdwarrior wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:25 am
I think ISU and LU will battle for the title next year, but Porter is either going P5 this year or he has to win 3-4 more Valley titles to make the exact same jump.

I have zero thoughts that he will be in Loyola colors next season.
There would probably need to be a major firing this offseason for Porter to go to. I think LUC is going to throw money at him this year, and keep him from going to another mid-major. I would be surprised if he wasn't at the helm of Loyola next year to start the year.
670 The Score was talking a week or so ago about how Loyola has alumni that could get Moser to making $1 mil/year. I definitely think Moser is with Loyola next year. He'll have to prove this year was not a fluke. He came into the league and finished last and withing 4 years had a first place team that went to the Final 4. I believe power conference schools will look at his road the the Final 4 and scoff. If they would have beat Virginia, it may be different. If team's would have waited, I could have seen him being a candidate for the Xavier or Pitt jobs. Rhode Island is available now, but somewhat a lateral move (despite the A10 getting 3 teams in this year). Other vacant positions: ECU (AAC), Fresno State (MWC), and La Salle (A10).

It'll be interesting to watch.
I would agree if Xavier or Pitt had waited until the end of the tourney I think his name is up for those and he may get one, I just don't think right now there is a school out there that would move the needle for Moser. Something opens up late, maybe, but my guess is Porter is probably at Loyola for at least another year or two.

TIMMY
Junior

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Redbirdwarrior wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:06 am
Back on topic. Did anyone hear the 670 interview with Porter when they asked him if he'll be back? Probably one of the worst worded answers I've ever heard. He essentially said "I love Chicago and Loyola, but almost certainly not"

If/When Porter leaves, does Krutwig go with him?
I was very surprised at how non committal Porter was to that question. Don't know if he's playing coy until the ink is dry on a new deal or if maybe someone's reached out to him. It was pretty awkward.
He's a great interview. He should teach a course on team building.

Chicagobirdfan
Freshman

Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:40 pm

DWRedbird wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:27 am
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:18 am
DWRedbird wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:06 am

There would probably need to be a major firing this offseason for Porter to go to. I think LUC is going to throw money at him this year, and keep him from going to another mid-major. I would be surprised if he wasn't at the helm of Loyola next year to start the year.
670 The Score was talking a week or so ago about how Loyola has alumni that could get Moser to making $1 mil/year. I definitely think Moser is with Loyola next year. He'll have to prove this year was not a fluke. He came into the league and finished last and withing 4 years had a first place team that went to the Final 4. I believe power conference schools will look at his road the the Final 4 and scoff. If they would have beat Virginia, it may be different. If team's would have waited, I could have seen him being a candidate for the Xavier or Pitt jobs. Rhode Island is available now, but somewhat a lateral move (despite the A10 getting 3 teams in this year). Other vacant positions: ECU (AAC), Fresno State (MWC), and La Salle (A10).

It'll be interesting to watch.
I would agree if Xavier or Pitt had waited until the end of the tourney I think his name is up for those and he may get one, I just don't think right now there is a school out there that would move the needle for Moser. Something opens up late, maybe, but my guess is Porter is probably at Loyola for at least another year or two.
You don’t believe Xavier moves the needle? Could keep recruiting Midwest for a lot more money and in a better conference at a team that is generally in the tournament.

Bird Friend
Senior

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:00 pm

DWRedbird wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:42 am
V Boy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:24 pm
bb fan wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:56 pm
I don' t have to think that, VBoy. DePaul will never allow LUC in the BE. LUC does nor have the facilities.
DePaul doesn’t run the Big Priest and isn’t exactly capturing the hearts and minds of Chicago right now. Loyola has deep pockets (endowment is 1.5x DePaul’s) and is a Jesuit school like Creighton, Marquette, etc.

And if both DePaul and Loyola were in the Priest it could actually help DePaul have crosstown rivalry game in the league and further boost Chicago as a Big East hub (more so than Big Ten).

I don’t think this will happen anytime soon, but if Porter stays there and wins the league a couple more times in next 2-3 years it’s going to come up.
I don't think the Big East will be looking to expand any time soon unless Notre Dame is looking to make the jump. If that happens in the next couple of years and Loyola is still hot and in contention in the valley. Otherwise I could see them taking St. Louis as an expansion partner for Notre Dame.
Notre Dame was in the ACC last I knew.

DWRedbird
Sophomore

Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:30 pm

Bird Friend wrote:
DWRedbird wrote:
V Boy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:24 pm

DePaul doesn’t run the Big Priest and isn’t exactly capturing the hearts and minds of Chicago right now. Loyola has deep pockets (endowment is 1.5x DePaul’s) and is a Jesuit school like Creighton, Marquette, etc.

And if both DePaul and Loyola were in the Priest it could actually help DePaul have crosstown rivalry game in the league and further boost Chicago as a Big East hub (more so than Big Ten).

I don’t think this will happen anytime soon, but if Porter stays there and wins the league a couple more times in next 2-3 years it’s going to come up.
I don't think the Big East will be looking to expand any time soon unless Notre Dame is looking to make the jump. If that happens in the next couple of years and Loyola is still hot and in contention in the valley. Otherwise I could see them taking St. Louis as an expansion partner for Notre Dame.
Correct. I was saying unless Notre Dame wants to make the jump to the big East, I don't see the big East expanding any time soon. I'd heard rumors back when the big Priest started that they wanted Notre Dame and if they hadn't just joined the ACC the year before they would have been interested, so they could remain fully independent in football.
Chicagobirdfan wrote:
You don’t believe Xavier moves the needle? Could keep recruiting Midwest for a lot more money and in a better conference at a team that is generally in the tournament.
I think Xavier would move the needle but they filled their coaching need with Travis Steele. I was saying there is not a school looking for a coach right now that moves the needle for Moser to leave Loyola.

Unless some bug firing happens that shakes up the college basketball landscape, I think Porter is back on the sidelines for Loyola.

Chicagobirdfan
Freshman

Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:59 pm

DWRedbird wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:30 pm
Bird Friend wrote:
DWRedbird wrote:

Correct. I was saying unless Notre Dame wants to make the jump to the big East, I don't see the big East expanding any time soon. I'd heard rumors back when the big Priest started that they wanted Notre Dame and if they hadn't just joined the ACC the year before they would have been interested, so they could remain fully independent in football.
Chicagobirdfan wrote:
I think Xavier would move the needle but they filled their coaching need with Travis Steele. I was saying there is not a school looking for a coach right now that moves the needle for Moser to leave Loyola.

Unless some bug firing happens that shakes up the college basketball landscape, I think Porter is back on the sidelines for Loyola.
Oh wow I didn’t even realize Xavier was filled already. Probably correct there is nothing to move the needle.

bb fan
Junior

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:04 pm

Thinking about DWRedbirds post, Notre Dame just might jump at the BE. In many ways it is a better fit for them. the BE has had a lot of success on the basketball court. And the footprint is better. And adding St. Louis at the same time would probably be attractive to the league, if ND would leave the ACC.

DWRedbird
Sophomore

Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:54 pm

bb fan wrote:
Thinking about DWRedbirds post, Notre Dame just might jump at the BE. In many ways it is a better fit for them. the BE has had a lot of success on the basketball court. And the footprint is better. And adding St. Louis at the same time would probably be attractive to the league, if ND would leave the ACC.
I would think that the Big East would be a better fit, from a cultural, regional and basketball stand point for Notre Dame, and it lets them go back to full football independence, instead of being mandated to play 5 ACC members every year.

I swear I remember there being talk of ND jumping from the ACC to the BE when the BE was first stood up, but ND decided to stick with the ACC. I would think at some point the BE and ND might sit down and see if it would make sense for them to join them.

Chicagobirdfan wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Oh wow I didn’t even realize Xavier was filled already. Probably correct there is nothing to move the needle.
Oh yeah, they promoted Steele pretty quick. I think if he had taken a job somewhere else, they might have kicked the tires on Porter to see if that was a possible match.

Bird Friend
Senior

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:13 pm

bb fan wrote:
Sorry, I misread your comment.

Football is still king for ND. They’re independent in football and in arguably the best basketball conference. And they’re successful in the ACC. I just don’t see how the BE can offer them enough to make the move.

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:35 am

If anyone is considering going to the Bulls game Saturday night I hear that the Loyola team will be there and is going to be honored. More p.r. for the Ramblers.

cpacmel
Junior

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:24 pm

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
More p.r. for the Ramblers.
They are doing the 7th inning stretch for the home opener of the Cubs game too.

Some buzz they might be at the Blackhawks game tonight too.

Bird Friend
Senior

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:09 pm

cpacmel wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:24 pm
ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
More p.r. for the Ramblers.
They are doing the 7th inning stretch for the home opener of the Cubs game too.

Some buzz they might be at the Blackhawks game tonight too.
Excellent. Let's keep them busy into next year so they're tired and beatable during the conference season.

Santa Cason
Sophomore

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Loyola guard Cameron Satterwhite is transferring.

Interesting one. He was in the rotation and I figured he’d have a larger role moving forward.

That’s now two. I know many don’t want to admit it happens everywhere, but it does.

DaveBird10
Freshman

Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Santa Cason wrote:Loyola guard Cameron Satterwhite is transferring.

Interesting one. He was in the rotation and I figured he’d have a larger role moving forward.

That’s now two. I know many don’t want to admit it happens everywhere, but it does.
Who's the other player to transfer out of Loyola?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

RedbirdSoxFan
Sophomore

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:27 pm

DaveBird10 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:55 pm
Santa Cason wrote:Loyola guard Cameron Satterwhite is transferring.

Who's the other player to transfer out of Loyola?

Adarius Avery

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bombay
Sophomore

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:48 pm

Santa Cason wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:39 pm
Loyola guard Cameron Satterwhite is transferring.

Cam's a Phoenix native, so he might just be homesick. He was originally a Colorado commit, but they 'mutually' moved on after he tore an ACL the summer after his Jr. year.

Good luck to him.

chuckie1980
Sophomore

Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:08 am

wgn article about Monday's 7th Inning...

http://wgntv.com/2018/04/06/loyola-fina ... me-opener/

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 am

Saw a Loyola assistant coach last night and Loyola feels real good about Custer staying. interestingly he also stated that one could argue the best player on the Loyola roster did not play this year as he sat out due to transferring from New Mexico. He said the kid has been dominant in practice all year. That is obviously a big statement and if true means Loyola will be an absolute beast next year.

RedbirdSoxFan
Sophomore

Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:56 pm

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:10 am
Saw a Loyola assistant coach last night and Loyola feels real good about Custer staying. interestingly he also stated that one could argue the best player on the Loyola roster did not play this year as he sat out due to transferring from New Mexico. He said the kid has been dominant in practice all year. That is obviously a big statement and if true means Loyola will be an absolute beast next year.
Have heard that about Zach Copeland also. Thinking Illinois State will be an absolute beast also.

cubird
Freshman

Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:04 pm

Ditto!

• Information