If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Next season

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Post Reply
Jsnhbe1Birds
Junior
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 am

I don't often criticize Dan because he's usually right but knowing that we have a gaping hole in the post he will probably be typical Dan and bring in another guard.

CaliRdBrd
Junior
Posts: 567
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am

ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am
I expect Clarence to improve greatly next year. His freshman year is kind of similar to Evans freshman year. I think he could play a similar role to what Evans did last year.

I remember people saying that we would never win if Paris Lee was our starting PG. Sometimes it helps be patient with player development.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The difference is, Paris saw the floor. Next year, based on minutes, EC will be like a true freshman.

ekeyfanclub
Freshman
Posts: 174
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 am

CaliRdBrd wrote:
ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am
I expect Clarence to improve greatly next year. His freshman year is kind of similar to Evans freshman year. I think he could play a similar role to what Evans did last year.

I remember people saying that we would never win if Paris Lee was our starting PG. Sometimes it helps be patient with player development.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The difference is, Paris saw the floor. Next year, based on minutes, EC will be like a true freshman.
Yeah but Evans barely played his freshman year and was a key bench player last year. Now he is a key player his junior year.

My point is that we have to be patient with player development. It is not always a straight line. I am not saying he is going to be player of the year by his senior year like Lee, but I could see him playing the role of key bench player next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk


SgtHulka
Junior
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am

ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am
Sometimes it helps be patient with player development.
Sorry, we don't allow for that here
RIP Frank Y, Mother Hulka, Berg, Ray F, Jim and Janet T
Image

SgtHulka
Junior
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:24 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:58 am
bb fan wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:34 am
I don't think Finke would be a dude here.
Only if he permanently gets rid of the man bun.

Image
:text-+1:
RIP Frank Y, Mother Hulka, Berg, Ray F, Jim and Janet T
Image

ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:25 am

Reggie Redbird wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:34 am
If a scholarship opens up, I'd be in favor of adding a grad transfer or JUCO big man or slasher/scorer. As long as the person's primary game is not shooting 3's, I'm open to adding that person unless it's someone who shoots 3's like Champ did.
Put me down for always welcoming a player who shoots 3s like Champ did, regardless of what our needs may be.

PurpleRedbird
Freshman
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:17 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
4thRowRedbird wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:58 am
I’m excited to see what an offseason does for Boogie. His shot changed so much from the begining of the year to the finish. At the beginning it was a slow long release. Now he is raising up with a quicker, smoother release. A full offseason to keep improving the new shot has me excited for him. His defense and rebounding improved steadily throughout the season and I love that he doesn’t give up on a play. Lots of chase down blocks here recently. Hopefully he can start next year with the same confidence he ended the year with.
Hopefully he works on that scrawny physique. Image
He's definitely a well put together young man from what he was as a high school senior. Has certainly put the work in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk


ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am

PurpleRedbird wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am
ISU FAN 1 wrote:
4thRowRedbird wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:58 am
I’m excited to see what an offseason does for Boogie. His shot changed so much from the begining of the year to the finish. At the beginning it was a slow long release. Now he is raising up with a quicker, smoother release. A full offseason to keep improving the new shot has me excited for him. His defense and rebounding improved steadily throughout the season and I love that he doesn’t give up on a play. Lots of chase down blocks here recently. Hopefully he can start next year with the same confidence he ended the year with.
Hopefully he works on that scrawny physique. Image
He's definitely a well put together young man from what he was as a high school senior. Has certainly put the work in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
He’s the most fun player to watch rebound for me since Rick Lamb.

SgtHulka
Junior
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:34 am

And to think the board almost kicked him off the team mid season. He rebounds, blocks, dunks like a man.
RIP Frank Y, Mother Hulka, Berg, Ray F, Jim and Janet T
Image

ThisIsTheLineup
Sophomore
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am

ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 am
CaliRdBrd wrote:
ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am
I expect Clarence to improve greatly next year. His freshman year is kind of similar to Evans freshman year. I think he could play a similar role to what Evans did last year.

I remember people saying that we would never win if Paris Lee was our starting PG. Sometimes it helps be patient with player development.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The difference is, Paris saw the floor. Next year, based on minutes, EC will be like a true freshman.
Yeah but Evans barely played his freshman year and was a key bench player last year. Now he is a key player his junior year.

My point is that we have to be patient with player development. It is not always a straight line. I am not saying he is going to be player of the year by his senior year like Lee, but I could see him playing the role of key bench player next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
THIS. THIS. THIS.

Two years ago, there were people questioning whether Key was a guy we want to play. Look at him now. Hell - there were some Paris naysayers at one point. Let the kid gel - he wasn't a 5-star recruit for a reason. I think EC needs to work on his decision making, his confidence and his maturity. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE takes game experience. Not talent, not practice - IN GAME EXPERIENCE. He may not be POY his Senior year, but he will be far better than what he is now. As frustrating as it was to watch him at many times this season - he has a ton of potential in my opinion.

Topoly28
Freshman
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 am
I don't often criticize Dan because he's usually right but knowing that we have a gaping hole in the post he will probably be typical Dan and bring in another guard.
The two guys coming in are both 6'9

ThisIsTheLineup
Sophomore
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:41 am

Topoly28 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 am
I don't often criticize Dan because he's usually right but knowing that we have a gaping hole in the post he will probably be typical Dan and bring in another guard.
The two guys coming in are both 6'9
Someone mentioned getting a big grad transfer earlier - I would agree to that. I am excited for the two incoming guys (Rey looks like a grown man, seems to be genuinely excited to come here and will be a MONSTER in a year or two) - but I think we still need a guy who could make an immediate impact. We need a grad transfer with D1 experience. The kid from Colorado would be nice. There is a kid at Buffalo who will most likely transfer but it looks like he will go to the Carolina region.

Plus, if TB puts on some weight in the offseason, I expect him to be able to compete in the post against some of these big kids.

ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 1259
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:47 am

ThisIsTheLineup wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am
ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 am
CaliRdBrd wrote:
The difference is, Paris saw the floor. Next year, based on minutes, EC will be like a true freshman.
Yeah but Evans barely played his freshman year and was a key bench player last year. Now he is a key player his junior year.

My point is that we have to be patient with player development. It is not always a straight line. I am not saying he is going to be player of the year by his senior year like Lee, but I could see him playing the role of key bench player next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
THIS. THIS. THIS.

Two years ago, there were people questioning whether Key was a guy we want to play. Look at him now. Hell - there were some Paris naysayers at one point. Let the kid gel - he wasn't a 5-star recruit for a reason. I think EC needs to work on his decision making, his confidence and his maturity. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE takes game experience. Not talent, not practice - IN GAME EXPERIENCE. He may not be POY his Senior year, but he will be far better than what he is now. As frustrating as it was to watch him at many times this season - he has a ton of potential in my opinion.
I’m okay with some projects, but this roster seems full of them. Granted, it didn’t work out well, but need more freshmen come in like Roland Griffin, that produce, and look more D1 ready.

Topoly28
Freshman
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:14 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:51 am

ThisIsTheLineup wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:41 am
Topoly28 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:47 am
I don't often criticize Dan because he's usually right but knowing that we have a gaping hole in the post he will probably be typical Dan and bring in another guard.
The two guys coming in are both 6'9
Someone mentioned getting a big grad transfer earlier - I would agree to that. I am excited for the two incoming guys (Rey looks like a grown man, seems to be genuinely excited to come here and will be a MONSTER in a year or two) - but I think we still need a guy who could make an immediate impact. We need a grad transfer with D1 experience. The kid from Colorado would be nice. There is a kid at Buffalo who will most likely transfer but it looks like he will go to the Carolina region.

Plus, if TB puts on some weight in the offseason, I expect him to be able to compete in the post against some of these big kids.

If Taylor turns into a Jay Tunnel type player I'd be very happy with that, but Tunnel weighed 250 and I don't know if TB can add 50 pounds.

Redbrd1
Freshman
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:27 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:50 am
ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:24 am
I expect Clarence to improve greatly next year. His freshman year is kind of similar to Evans freshman year. I think he could play a similar role to what Evans did last year.

I remember people saying that we would never win if Paris Lee was our starting PG. Sometimes it helps be patient with player development.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The difference is, Paris saw the floor. Next year, based on minutes, EC will be like a true freshman.
Hate to say this, because I always loved PLee (I would fight with my dad about him being better than he thought), but we didn’t make the NCAA with him either.

Redbrd1
Freshman
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:29 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:25 am
Reggie Redbird wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:34 am
If a scholarship opens up, I'd be in favor of adding a grad transfer or JUCO big man or slasher/scorer. As long as the person's primary game is not shooting 3's, I'm open to adding that person unless it's someone who shoots 3's like Champ did.
Put me down for always welcoming a player who shoots 3s like Champ did, regardless of what our needs may be.
:text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: Love Champ! Who was better at shooting 3s, Champ or Tyler Brown?

Redbrd1
Freshman
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:30 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:29 am
PurpleRedbird wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:26 am
ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Hopefully he works on that scrawny physique. Image
He's definitely a well put together young man from what he was as a high school senior. Has certainly put the work in.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
He’s the most fun player to watch rebound for me since Rick Lamb.
:text-+1: to both, he may be the most interesting player next year.

Redbrd1
Freshman
Posts: 165
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:32 pm

ISU FAN 1 wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:47 am
ThisIsTheLineup wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am
ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 am
Yeah but Evans barely played his freshman year and was a key bench player last year. Now he is a key player his junior year.

My point is that we have to be patient with player development. It is not always a straight line. I am not saying he is going to be player of the year by his senior year like Lee, but I could see him playing the role of key bench player next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
THIS. THIS. THIS.

Two years ago, there were people questioning whether Key was a guy we want to play. Look at him now. Hell - there were some Paris naysayers at one point. Let the kid gel - he wasn't a 5-star recruit for a reason. I think EC needs to work on his decision making, his confidence and his maturity. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE takes game experience. Not talent, not practice - IN GAME EXPERIENCE. He may not be POY his Senior year, but he will be far better than what he is now. As frustrating as it was to watch him at many times this season - he has a ton of potential in my opinion.
I’m okay with some projects, but this roster seems full of them. Granted, it didn’t work out well, but need more freshmen come in like Roland Griffin, that produce, and look more D1 ready.
Yep! Loyola didn’t have trouble finding two freshman who produce. Surely we can find one?

HT59
Freshman
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:39 pm

:clap:
ThisIsTheLineup wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:37 am
ekeyfanclub wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:02 am
CaliRdBrd wrote:
The difference is, Paris saw the floor. Next year, based on minutes, EC will be like a true freshman.
Yeah but Evans barely played his freshman year and was a key bench player last year. Now he is a key player his junior year.

My point is that we have to be patient with player development. It is not always a straight line. I am not saying he is going to be player of the year by his senior year like Lee, but I could see him playing the role of key bench player next year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
THIS. THIS. THIS.

Two years ago, there were people questioning whether Key was a guy we want to play. Look at him now. Hell - there were some Paris naysayers at one point. Let the kid gel - he wasn't a 5-star recruit for a reason. I think EC needs to work on his decision making, his confidence and his maturity. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE takes game experience. Not talent, not practice - IN GAME EXPERIENCE. He may not be POY his Senior year, but he will be far better than what he is now. As frustrating as it was to watch him at many times this season - he has a ton of potential in my opinion.

Birdman
Freshman
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:34 pm

Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:51 pm

With our schedule next year, hopefully we are in a position where we aren’t feeling the pressure of having to win in St. Louis to get in the tournament. Would be cool to get some big wins early and work our way toward the top 25. I really believe we have the talent for that given a good offseason and avoiding the injury bug.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], SgtHulka and 11 guests