Vs Murray State, 3 p.m.

The place to talk MVC Champion Redbird Men's Basketball
Reggie Redbird
Freshman

Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:41 am

Tpguy wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:07 pm
Jank never beat a Florida like Loyola just did
Jank had a solid win vs #15 WSU in the 2012 MVC semis. That was about it. Florida only had a top-5 ranking because they weren't re-ranked following their two losses before losing to Loyola. They're #22 now, based on a 17-point loss to FSU and their loss to Loyola; the pollsters would forgive a 3-point loss to Duke.

I would say the WSU team we beat and this Florida team are probably similar. Florida should have a shot at moving up a little big just beating #17 Cincy.

Certainly Jank didn't have the opportunities to beat top-25 teams because he didn't play them like DM does.

RBFANTOO
Freshman

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:23 am

Reggie Redbird wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:41 am
Tpguy wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:07 pm
Jank never beat a Florida like Loyola just did
Jank had a solid win vs #15 WSU in the 2012 MVC semis. That was about it. Florida only had a top-5 ranking because they weren't re-ranked following their two losses before losing to Loyola. They're #22 now, based on a 17-point loss to FSU and their loss to Loyola; the pollsters would forgive a 3-point loss to Duke.

I would say the WSU team we beat and this Florida team are probably similar. Florida should have a shot at moving up a little big just beating #17 Cincy.

Certainly Jank didn't have the opportunities to beat top-25 teams because he didn't play them like DM does.
Jank liked to fluff up his resume by scheduling teams like "The Iowa School for the Mentally Challenged". It sure helps the W-L percentage. :doh:
Redbird Nation Rising

DoubleDeuce
Freshman

Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:30 am

RBFANTOO wrote:

Jank liked to fluff up his resume by scheduling teams like "The Iowa School for the Mentally Challenged". It sure helps the W-L percentage. :doh:
Incorrect...Jank had no control over conference games.

ThisIsTheLineup
Sophomore

Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:20 pm

RBFANTOO wrote:
Nope. Not offensive one bit. :roll: :roll:

SoCalRedbird
Freshman

Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:51 pm

CaliRdBrd wrote:
dpdoughbird06 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:56 pm
gobirds85 wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:25 am
If last year proved anything, it proved that the Valley is going to be a one bid league. That's how it is. We need to win three in the Lou in March. PERIOD. We aren't playing well right now and I'm sure this statement doesn't surprise anyone. Let's get our guys back and get ready for the conference slate. Everything comes down to the Lou.
People lose sight of this. What's the point of trotting Elijah and David out there before conference play? Maybe use Ole Miss and/or UIC as a quick tuneup after entire team has time off for Finals.

Make sure we don't put all our Faberge Eggs in one basket. Be extra careful with the fine China...or Senegal or Sweden...
100% agree.
I dunno. Seems to me our "new" team will need time to come together. Getting some reps against a game @ Ole Miss would help get the boys closer to where we need them down the road.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Information