If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Never too early... 18-19 Non-conf schedule

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:56 pm

Phantom wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 pm
So we still have no true road games that we know of? The Cayman field and home slate are excellent but if there's 2-3 games left to schedule they gotta be on the road, no?

And hopefully against someone worthy. I know DM wants a H/H but it's late June---take a buy game if need be. Hdell, take two. If heaven forbid we find ourselves in another '17 situation come March, the last thing we'll want to hear is how we didn't play anyone on the road. We aren't Syracuse. Can't make that situation work in our favor.
I imagine there will be 6 home games, 3 neutral games, and 3 road games (a buy game, a new h&h, and probably uic)

Phantom
Sophomore
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:06 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:56 pm
Phantom wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 pm
So we still have no true road games that we know of? The Cayman field and home slate are excellent but if there's 2-3 games left to schedule they gotta be on the road, no?

And hopefully against someone worthy. I know DM wants a H/H but it's late June---take a buy game if need be. Hdell, take two. If heaven forbid we find ourselves in another '17 situation come March, the last thing we'll want to hear is how we didn't play anyone on the road. We aren't Syracuse. Can't make that situation work in our favor.
I imagine there will be 6 home games, 3 neutral games, and 3 road games (a buy game, a new h&h, and probably uic)
That would be fine and well-balanced. Just hope one of those home games isn't another DII team. I understand it technically does less damage than playing a 300+ level team but at this point---we should have a damn good team and so far a great schedule---finish it strongly. I'd rather host Winston-Salem than Lewis.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:50 pm

Quincy/Lewis (whichever one we didn't play during the regular season last season) 2ill most likely be on the schedule.

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:56 am

We didn't play Lewis in the regular season last year, but we are not on their schedule.

https://www.lewisflyers.com/schedule.as ... ath=mbball
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:06 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:50 pm
Quincy/Lewis (whichever one we didn't play during the regular season last season) 2ill most likely be on the schedule.
We could always mix in a Ferris State. Any chance St. Xavier would be interested?

http://www.ferrisstatebulldogs.com/spor ... 8/schedule

Ferris State apparently won the National Championship last year?
Last edited by Adunk33 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 931
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 am

LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

RedbirdSoxFan
Junior
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:19 am

Phantom wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 pm
So we still have no true road games that we know of? The Cayman field and home slate are excellent but if there's 2-3 games left to schedule they gotta be on the road, no?

And hopefully against someone worthy. I know DM wants a H/H but it's late June---take a buy game if need be. Hell, take two. If heaven forbid we find ourselves in another '17 situation come March, the last thing we'll want to hear is how we didn't play anyone on the road. We aren't Syracuse. Can't make that situation work in our favor.
Are we scheduled to play @ UIC & @ Murray State in 2018-19?

Phantom
Sophomore
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am

Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:07 am
Bracket for Cayman tournament.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/cay ... hedule.pdf
Love the opener with Georgia, and if we can win that one we get Clemson (unless Akron pulls a miracle there.) Talk about two very quality games back to back.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 am

Interesting what Bradley is looking for: Looking for a one time Neutral site game in Chicago vs a like opponent. Dates available: November 6th or November 17th.

Looks like Wardle is trying to have a Chicago presence like Muller said he would, outside of playing LUC.

Phantom
Sophomore
Posts: 280
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:17 am

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:39 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:12 am
Interesting what Bradley is looking for: Looking for a one time Neutral site game in Chicago vs a like opponent. Dates available: November 6th or November 17th.

Looks like Wardle is trying to have a Chicago presence like Muller said he would, outside of playing LUC.
That is confusing. A "like opponent" basically sounds like a fellow mid major (that they could probably get a H/H with).

If they want a good neutral site game in Chicago, wouldn't they be better off trying to schedule a regional high major who has a good Chicago area alumni base? (Wisc, Indy, Mich, Mich St and Iowa all come to mind.)

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:58 am

Yeah, even St. Mary's vs Bradley isn't going to do much. Maybe 4,000.

RedbirdSoxFan
Junior
Posts: 517
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:38 am
Santa Cason wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:35 am
‘Birds will open up against Georgia in the Cayman Islands tourney.



Thats what I like to see! Has the making of like last year, beating South Carolina game 1 in the PR Tip Off tournament.
Just ordered my tickets :dance:
Can’t wait for some ISU Redbird Basketball...Beers....7-Mile Beaches

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am

Keyshawn, Hein, and Rey get their "home" game. We play @ UCF on 12/21 and they come to Normal in 19-20 season.


Flagship08
Freshman
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:13 pm

Great game to schedule, UCF is going to be really good.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am
Keyshawn, Hein, and Rey get their "home" game. We play @ UCF on 12/21 and they come to Normal in 19-20 season.

They got their home game last season vs FGCU

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1319
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am
Keyshawn, Hein, and Rey get their "home" game. We play @ UCF on 12/21 and they come to Normal in 19-20 season.

They got their home game last season vs FGCU...except Rey. Was hoping for a Cali game for Fayne.

Redbird222
Sophomore
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:30 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:21 pm
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am
Keyshawn, Hein, and Rey get their "home" game. We play @ UCF on 12/21 and they come to Normal in 19-20 season.

They got their home game last season vs FGCU...except Rey. Was hoping for a Cali game for Fayne.
First time for Rey and Abdou (high school). Also, another plus maybe more exposure in recruiting for The Nation teammates of Abdoul. Central Florida is going to be good this year. This is just a smart choice on all accounts. BTW, Florida is much nicer that Normal in late December.

bombay
Sophomore
Posts: 424
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:49 am

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Central Florida is favored to win that conference they're in. It'll be interesting to see who guards Tacco Fall. I think Johnny Dawkins kid is pretty good.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:31 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:20 pm
Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:44 am
Keyshawn, Hein, and Rey get their "home" game. We play @ UCF on 12/21 and they come to Normal in 19-20 season.

They got their home game last season vs FGCU
So should they not get another one? Pairs Lee played Northwestern, Depaul, and UIC during his career. With the California connection on our team, I would be a little surprised if we don't end up with one this year or next, at the very least.

User avatar
Redbirdwarrior
Sophomore
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:46 pm

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:01 pm

This schedule is turning out to be no joke at all. Muller certainly seems to understand that to make the field of 64, he is going to need to have a T100 OOC SOS.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests