Scholarship Matrix

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
bb fan
Sophomore
Posts: 472
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:44 am

Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:09 pm

LOL, CaliRdBd :)

CaliRdBrd
Junior
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:53 pm

bb fan wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:09 pm
LOL, CaliRdBd :)
Thank you. I fee like I put a lot of effort into being a smart ass on this board and it mostly goes unnoticed. Was beginning to wonder.

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 am

LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1053
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:29 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 am
Updated

viewtopic.php?p=1665#p1665
Thanks, Quinn! So officially, since Gassman's scholarship hasn't been removed nor has Chastain been guaranteed one, we are still over the limit by 1. I don't think we're done adding pieces either.

RedbirdSoxFan
Sophomore
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:18 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:18 am
Updated

viewtopic.php?p=1665#p1665
I think Jefferson will be in the Junior Class.

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Oh poop, you are right. I forgot he isn't a freshman. Thanks I'll fix it.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

WeLoveTheBirds
Freshman
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:57 am

Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 pm

This is probably a silly question but I can't seem to confirm it. I know we can only have 13 scholarships but how many can we have on the team in total?
16?
Can you have more but only 16 eligible to play on a given night? Or is the roster set with the specific 16 for the year?

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1053
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:35 pm

WeLoveTheBirds wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 pm
This is probably a silly question but I can't seem to confirm it. I know we can only have 13 scholarships but how many can we have on the team in total?
16?
Can you have more but only 16 eligible to play on a given night? Or is the roster set with the specific 16 for the year?
Good question. I'm not sure if there is a cap or not. I remember watching Loyola play when Chastain was with them. They had 17 on their bench for an early season game.

Humdinger
Senior
Posts: 962
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:04 pm

Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 am

I asked this question a few weeks ago. From what I've read, don't believe there is a max from NCAA.

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Humdinger wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 am
I asked this question a few weeks ago. From what I've read, don't believe there is a max from NCAA.
The only limitation in the Big Ten is number of players that can travel to conference games and the conference tournament which is 15. Teams can seat as many of their players as they want for home games. Wisconsin basketball would travel with up to 17 players for non-conference games. MVC probably something similar or maybe not? Otherwise I think it is fairly wide open but hard to believe beyond 16 to 17 players would make any sense as bodies start getting in the way big time.

User avatar
Bird Friend
Senior
Posts: 1236
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:29 pm

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:02 pm

ChiRedbirdfan wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:38 pm
Humdinger wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:40 am
I asked this question a few weeks ago. From what I've read, don't believe there is a max from NCAA.
The only limitation in the Big Ten is number of players that can travel to conference games and the conference tournament which is 15. Teams can seat as many of their players as they want for home games. Wisconsin basketball would travel with up to 17 players for non-conference games. MVC probably something similar or maybe not? Otherwise I think it is fairly wide open but hard to believe beyond 16 to 17 players would make any sense as bodies start getting in the way big time.
There were a couple times this year we really could've used another 5 or 6 bodies . . .
Image

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 am

*bump* Updated
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1053
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:30 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 am
*bump* Updated
Thanks Quinn!

Looking at it more, we could really use that RS. Soph transfer, Dedric Boyd from EKU. Getting him and N'Diaye would help balance out the classes for the 2019-2020 season. Of course, assuming no defects we would have; 5 seniors, 4 juniors, and 3 sophomores. Obviously I don't think that senior class will have 5 graduating seniors but balance class balance is important.

Redbirdfan21
Sophomore
Posts: 338
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:22 pm
Location: Springfield, IL
Contact:

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Hope your not asleep yet Quinn. Got another!

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1053
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:16 pm

The signings of Boyd and Hillsman essentially enables the coaches to focus on posts for the 2019 recruiting class. Jefferson, Boyd, Hillsman, and Copeland will be a STRONG set of guards. Not to mention EC as long as he adjusts properly. Now we wait.... who else is leaving? Will we sign Ndiaye (expected decision Sunday)? We're in for an exciting 3 weeks.

East Coast Bird
Freshman
Posts: 71
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:09 pm

Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:22 pm

Several sources are saying Madison is done and Romie also. Madison knee and Romie is just going to school both are staying at ISU as students also Luke did not attend banquet tonight.

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:17 am

I haven't been on since I posted this last night and this was the first thread I went to. I have no idea what is happening but now I can't wait to go look!
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:26 am

I like adding players!

I added two rows of RS since I don't really have a place for them yet officially among the 13. If/when we find out someone is leaving then I'll move them up there.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

User avatar
Redbird28
Freshman
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:26 pm

Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 am

You are still showing Dixon during his senior year. Maybe you know something we don't and he's planning to come here as a grad transfer senior?
Feel free to follow me @RPKraemer on the Twitter Machine. Always up for talking Redbird Hoops and Football. Go Birds!

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 668
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:07 am

Redbird28 wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:37 am
You are still showing Dixon during his senior year. Maybe you know something we don't and he's planning to come here as a grad transfer senior?
It's cached. Hold down CTRL and press F5 on your keyboard to get the latest image, I removed that.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests