If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Scholarship Matrix

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 2187
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu May 17, 2018 3:26 pm

TIMMY wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 pm
JHBird wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 11:19 am
Well, now with Hein off scholarship next year that makes things a lot better on the scholarship front. I wonder if Hillsman will be on scholarship next year while he sits out? His signing kinda had me miffed...I mean he'll only get to play one year, and with the logjam we currently have for next year. Plus he wasn't really a regular starter for a bad San Jose team. If he and Gassman weren't on scholarship next year then we'd be set I think. Gassman though deserves one IMO...but he seems like the most likely candidate.
Kid signed his letter. He's got a ride. No ifs, buts, candies or nuts.
Muller said today Hillsman will step in to fill the void left by Milik, Phil, and Boogie. He'll be able to guard all 5 positions and is physical. Hell fill in the wing/4 depth for 19-20 season.
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Wed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Updated to get us to 13.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm
Updated to get us to 13.
You forgot to take Romine off of the 19-20 season and forgot to move Gassman to WO status for that season, as well.
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Thu May 24, 2018 8:42 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 am
isuquinndog wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm
Updated to get us to 13.
You forgot to take Romine off of the 19-20 season and forgot to move Gassman to WO status for that season, as well.
I'll remove Romine, thanks.

I don't know that Gassman is going to stay as WO past this season. If someone can show me published information that he is, I'll change it.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1348
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Thu May 24, 2018 8:47 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:42 am
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:07 am
isuquinndog wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:25 pm
Updated to get us to 13.
You forgot to take Romine off of the 19-20 season and forgot to move Gassman to WO status for that season, as well.
I'll remove Romine, thanks.

I don't know that Gassman is going to stay as WO past this season. If someone can show me published information that he is, I'll change it.
http://www.videtteonline.com/sports/gas ... 6747d.html

It states for the 17/18 season.

I'm not saying he won't get one but its inferred that it's a one year deal. But, it's not going to hurt anything to keep him where he's at.
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:15 pm

Updated
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:20 am

Based on this:

Updating matrix
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 am

Updated for Horne
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 2187
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:46 am

isuquinndog wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 am
Updated for Horne
Still with Gassman on as a scholarship player? :icon-twisted:
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:58 am

Adunk33 wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:46 am
isuquinndog wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:29 am
Updated for Horne
Still with Gassman on as a scholarship player? :icon-twisted:
Oh relax. :shifty: If I have to move him off again, I'm blaming you.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
birdlife
Sophomore
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:17 am

does Hein plan to return? he didnt participate in Senior day, but didnt he graduate?
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:19 am

Not sure, and I haven't heard that he isn't, so that's why he's still on there. He may take graduate classes since he still has a year of eligibility left.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 2428
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:50 am

If I were Hein, I would be all over a year of free post grad education. He ain’t making $$$ playing overseas.
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 2187
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:39 pm

Hein is in the MBA program and has a longtime girlfriend here in town. I don't see him going anywhere.
ISU FAN 1
Senior
Posts: 2428
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:04 pm

Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:10 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:39 pm
Hein is in the MBA program and has a longtime girlfriend here in town. I don't see him going anywhere.
Longtime?

User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:49 am

*bump*

Removed Jefferson, took off last year. Not moving Gassman yet as he had a scholarship last season according to my calculations. Chas didn't. So who knows. We have 3 open scholarships now.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
RedbirdSoxFan
Junior
Posts: 737
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:16 pm

isuquinndog wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:49 am
*bump*

Removed Jefferson, took off last year. Not moving Gassman yet as he had a scholarship last season according to my calculations. Chas didn't. So who knows. We have 3 open scholarships now.
2018-19 Scholarship players:
Milik Yarbrough
Phil Fayne
Keyshawn Evans
William Tinsley

Zach Copeland
Josh Jefferson
Matt Hein
Taylor Bruninga
Rey Idowu
Jaycee Hillsman
Keith Fisher
Dedric Boyd
Abdou Ndiaye

Non-Scholarship
Matt Chastain
Isaac Gassman
Lijah Donnelly?

2019-20 Scholarship players
Zach Copeland
Taylor Bruningna
Rey Idowu
Jaycee Hillsman
Keith Fisher
Dedric Boyd
Abdou Ndiaye
DJ Horne
Matt Hein?

This would still leave four more available scholarships (five if Hein does not return)
User avatar
isuquinndog
Site Admin
Posts: 1517
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:24 pm
Location: Normal, IL
Contact:

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm

Again, Gassman got a scholarship in 17/18. Did he not have one this past season? I've never seen anything that says he didn't, so until that point or he leaves, I have to assume he's on scholarship, we assume every one else stays on scholarship, so he gets the same benefit of the doubt.
LET'S WIN THIS GAME!
birdlife
Sophomore
Posts: 247
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:17 pm

Redbird222
Junior
Posts: 599
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:35 pm

isuquinndog wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm
Again, Gassman got a scholarship in 17/18. Did he not have one this past season? I've never seen anything that says he didn't, so until that point or he leaves, I have to assume he's on scholarship, we assume every one else stays on scholarship, so he gets the same benefit of the doubt.
Gassman did not have a scholarship last year.
Post Reply