If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Who would you like to see as the next head coach?

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Retire 12
Sophomore
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:41 pm

JSN, everyone has a right to their own opinion. Yours just happens to be very, very wrong.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 pm

So you think Dan is a good coach and motivator and it's just a coincidence that their only really good season was with yak who is credited with Michigan's runner up performance and that dan hasnt turned the program into a laughing stock with his inability to discipline players allowing them to think they can act however they want and having non d1 athletes get a lions share of playing time when their father is coincidentally wealthy? I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm sorry I can't pull the wool over my eyes like you retire.

Retire 12
Sophomore
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:52 pm

If you had a shred of a positive reputation on this board... pre-Belmont game, then I'd take you seriously but... you don't, so...

Rollbirds5
Freshman
Posts: 93
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:45 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:54 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 pm
So you think Dan is a good coach and motivator and it's just a coincidence that their only really good season was with yak who is credited with Michigan's runner up performance and that dan hasnt turned the program into a laughing stock with his inability to discipline players allowing them to think they can act however they want and having non d1 athletes get a lions share of playing time when their father is coincidentally wealthy? I'm sorry, but you're wrong.
Just so we all understand your perspective, what do you consider to be a good season (i.e. wins/losses, specific tourney appearance?)
Twitter: @Amason005

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:58 pm

Are you content to settle for the NIT every other year if lucky and that's the pinnacle of the program?

Trey_Guidry4three
Freshman
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:36 pm

The real question is if this team doesn't get to the ncaa tournament is this year a failure? And if so will a muller team ever have a better chance to get to the tourney than this one ?

User avatar
chuckie1980
Sophomore
Posts: 388
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:02 pm

Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:42 pm

I still see Dan Muller as being a piece of the puzzle that is needed for the Redbirds to compete and excel. I still do not want to change coaches at this time. Keep Muller for another couple of years....but really stress the further dancing we go...the better life will be.

So in 2020...the Redbirds are ready to change coaches....so the new Athletic Director will be Dan Muller.
YAK surprisingly is free and available to come back as Head Coach.

So see....there is something incredible in Muller and keeping him at ISU...would be a good thing.

User avatar
TIMMY
Junior
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:28 pm
Location: 1050 W Addison

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:02 pm

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 pm
So you think Dan is a good coach and motivator and it's just a coincidence that their only really good season was with yak who is credited with Michigan's runner up performance and that dan hasnt turned the program into a laughing stock with his inability to discipline players allowing them to think they can act however they want and having non d1 athletes get a lions share of playing time when their father is coincidentally wealthy? I'm sorry, but you're wrong.
Image
Image

gobirds72
Freshman
Posts: 134
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Trey_Guidry4three wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:36 pm
The real question is if this team doesn't get to the ncaa tournament is this year a failure? And if so will a muller team ever have a better chance to get to the tourney than this one ?


This team will have a tough time. I didn’t realize how much depth this team is lacking.

rdt99
Freshman
Posts: 116
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:20 am

Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:29 am

I like Yak. He would be a great coach here. If we don't make the NCAA this year it is a failure. Being a good defensive team and turning Yarborough around (maybe he can't) will be tough going.

gobirds85
Freshman
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Tpguy wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:09 pm
Porter Moser
Crud! You beat me to it. It's not like he has anything going on right now. Where the heck did he end up?

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:29 pm

Ron Rose.

Tpguy
Sophomore
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:39 pm

I think the problem with Muller is being too involved with the Trump/collusion investigation while trying to deal with the team.

SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:40 pm

Tpguy wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:39 pm
I think the problem with Muller is being too involved with the Trump/collusion investigation while trying to deal with the team.
:clap:
Only ISU Volleyball can take ISU Basketball where it needs to go
Image

SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:44 pm

I'm just hoping we hire someone off the board. So much insight, so little conversion to palpable income to show for it. Idiots abound in thecoaching world, it's time to look to the real source of basketball intelligence.
Only ISU Volleyball can take ISU Basketball where it needs to go
Image

Tpguy
Sophomore
Posts: 455
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:46 pm

SgtHulka wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:44 pm
I'm just hoping we hire someone off the board. So much insight, so little conversion to palpable income to show for it. Idiots abound in the coaching world, it's time to look to the real source of basketball intelligence.
I would like to be the Point Guard coach, not the head coach.

Redbird222
Sophomore
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:33 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:38 pm

If we can't get Yak, I would suggest Dan Ryan, current Director of Basketball operations at Belmont. Along with Yak he was one of the key pieces of the coaching and managers staff in 2017. They were the primary contributors to the success of our 2017 season. DM has been exposed since their departure as evidenced by Michigan's run to the Championship game and how Dan Ryan was able to quickly help Coach Byrd develop three Belmont freshman.

After speaking to parties close to both Yak and Ryan, we have come to find out that they literally learned nothing from DM and confirmed what many have known all along ... Dan is riding the coattails of others.

1. Ward was the only person to be able to recruit and thus we now have to settle on players like Matt Hein
2. Yak as student manager actually coached Dan to be defensive player of the year during his playing days. Bringing him back to ISU reinforced those Stallings tactics which Dan continued to ignore while employed by Stallings at Vanderbilt. Yak single-handedly propelled us to a defensive juggernaut. Despite being a named a Bone Scholar, Dan unfortunately once again did not pay attention during practice and has clearly forgotten points of emphasis and drills.
3. Dan Ryan, former juco and ISU manager clearly was the catalyst to the late development (their last 2 years at ISU) of Hawkins, MM, Tony and PL. Now he has taken his 5 step plan to Belmont and with some minor modifications from Coach Byrd, they have created an accelerated player development program. It may be too late though because coach K from Duke has rolled out his version which obviously has propelled his current 3 freshman of Zion Williamson, Cam Reddish, and RJ Barrett to unprecedented levels like hammering a defenseless Kentucky team from the lowly SEC by 34.
4. Dana Ford refused to speak to us citing a conflict of interest since he coaches in the MVC. However, his current Bears are 3 - 0 which projects to a perfect season last accomplished by Indiana and Bobby Knight. This is more anecdotal evidence of DM riding the success of others.

Since none of the these coaches are currently available, I will wait it out and suffer with Dan M until they become available.

ThisIsTheLineup
Sophomore
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:51 pm

I hear John Wooden is working himself out of his own grave. Might as well give him a call.

SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 843
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Redbird222 wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:38 pm
If we can't get Yak, I would suggest Dan Ryan, current Director of Basketball operations at Belmont. Along with Yak he was one of the key pieces of the coaching and managers staff in 2017. They were the primary contributors to the success of our 2017 season. DM has been exposed since their departure as evidenced by Michigan's run to the Championship game and how Dan Ryan was able to quickly help Coach Byrd develop three Belmont freshman.

After speaking to parties close to both Yak and Ryan, we have come to find out that they literally learned nothing from DM and confirmed what many have known all along ... Dan is riding the coattails of others.

1. Ward was the only person to be able to recruit and thus we now have to settle on players like Matt Hein
2. Yak as student manager actually coached Dan to be defensive player of the year during his playing days. Bringing him back to ISU reinforced those Stallings tactics which Dan continued to ignore while employed by Stallings at Vanderbilt. Yak single-handedly propelled us to a defensive juggernaut. Despite being a named a Bone Scholar, Dan unfortunately once again did not pay attention during practice and has clearly forgotten points of emphasis and drills.
3. Dan Ryan, former juco and ISU manager clearly was the catalyst to the late development (their last 2 years at ISU) of Hawkins, MM, Tony and PL. Now he has taken his 5 step plan to Belmont and with some minor modifications from Coach Byrd, they have created an accelerated player development program. It may be too late though because coach K from Duke has rolled out his version which obviously has propelled his current 3 freshman of Zion Williamson, Cam Reddish, and RJ Barrett to unprecedented levels like hammering a defenseless Kentucky team from the lowly SEC by 34.
4. Dana Ford refused to speak to us citing a conflict of interest since he coaches in the MVC. However, his current Bears are 3 - 0 which projects to a perfect season last accomplished by Indiana and Bobby Knight. This is more anecdotal evidence of DM riding the success of others.

Since none of the these coaches are currently available, I will wait it out and suffer with Dan M until they become available.
So...

#1 - ISU Guy
#2 - ISU Guy
#3 - ISU Guy

Objective :roll:
Only ISU Volleyball can take ISU Basketball where it needs to go
Image

Locked
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Brick and 14 guests