If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Season Tickets

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
FEAR the Bird
Freshman
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:57 pm
Location: Springfield, IL

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Just had this email exchange about season Tics.

“I hope this email finds you doing well. I am writing in reference to your men’s basketball season tickets. It is generally our office policy to mail tickets no later than two weeks prior to the first home game. Unfortunately, this year we were unable to hit this benchmark. Please note, we are working with campus Mail Services to get these shipped to you as soon as possible. We expect to receive them from the printer in the coming days and plan to have them in your hands prior to the game next Tuesday, October 30th.

For those interested, the online Reissue functionality will be available beginning Friday of this week. A detailed instructional guide for ticket reissue will be sent to all season ticket holders no later than
Friday. This functionality allows you the opportunity to reprint your tickets at home if they are lost.

If you selected to pick up your tickets at our office via Will Call, my office will contact you once your tickets are ready. If you selected Print-at-Home or Mobile Delivery, your tickets will be emailed prior to the first home game.

I apologize for any inconvenience. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 309.438.8000.”

Me: Thanks Bryan, I have been wondering about the tics. I appreciate the email and I hope the university corrects the situation next year. I am dedicated to ISU, but the delay isn’t good. Also, I am “old school” and don’t have a printer, so I hope I get them before the season starts!

Bryan: “Thank you for the email. I would agree with you. It is not good. We are making changes to make sure this will not happen in the future. You should have them in time for the game on Tuesday. If not, we can reprint your ticket for the game at our window on the day of the game. It is not necessary to do the reprint online. We will make sure you get into the game with no issue.

Once again, I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions, please let me know. Have a great evening!”

Nice job by Bryan, hope they get it fixed for next year.
😎

ricohill
Junior
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:51 pm

It sounded like they had issues with football tickets as well. The ticket office has struggled for a while now. They have to clean this up. It shouldn’t be difficult to buy tickets. Going to lose new fans with all the issues they’ve had.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:14 am

When I went to talk about my tickets at the box office a month ago trying to decide where to sit it was a bunch of college kids working there that had absolutely no idea what they were doing. They literally couldn't even work the computer and the young girl just kept giving attitude like people were bothering her. I'm not shocked one bit by this development.

ricohill
Junior
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:25 am

I think the ticket office is symbolic of how poorly run the entire athletic department is currently. I looked today. If you log in to your account, you can see when they printed your tickets. Mine were printed on 9/26/18. It's been a full month and still not sent out.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:48 am

ricohill wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:25 am
I think the ticket office is symbolic of how poorly run the entire athletic department is currently. I looked today. If you log in to your account, you can see when they printed your tickets. Mine were printed on 9/26/18. It's been a full month and still not sent out.
:text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This so much

ricohill
Junior
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:59 am

Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:48 am
ricohill wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:25 am
I think the ticket office is symbolic of how poorly run the entire athletic department is currently. I looked today. If you log in to your account, you can see when they printed your tickets. Mine were printed on 9/26/18. It's been a full month and still not sent out.
:text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This so much
I would go on a longer rant about everything, but it doesn't do any good. Plus, the athletic department monitors this website and wouldn't want to get in to trouble for calling them out.

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:04 am

ricohill wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:59 am
Jsnhbe1Birds wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:48 am
ricohill wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:25 am
I think the ticket office is symbolic of how poorly run the entire athletic department is currently. I looked today. If you log in to your account, you can see when they printed your tickets. Mine were printed on 9/26/18. It's been a full month and still not sent out.
:text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :text-+1: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This so much
I would go on a longer rant about everything, but it doesn't do any good. Plus, the athletic department monitors this website and wouldn't want to get in to trouble for calling them out.
What are they going to do LOL. Very nice of you however.
Last edited by Jsnhbe1Birds on Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Flagship08
Freshman
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 am

Can you access your tickets via mobile or email? I got my single game tickets shortly after purchase electronically.

ricohill
Junior
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:35 am

Flagship08 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:16 am
Can you access your tickets via mobile or email? I got my single game tickets shortly after purchase electronically.
Not for season tickets. I couldn't even change the address I wanted my tickets sent. You would think by now you could get all your tickets on your phone.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:31 am

My only issue with not having the tickets yet, as alluded to in the Loyola thread, is they often send the away game ticket order form through the mail too where you can order tickets through ISU's allotment. Since it seems all other tickets to the game at Loyola are sold out, one's next best bet to get tickets at a reasonable price is through that form. Which, given how the tickets are selling to that game, they may end up having to use priority points to assign tickets. Sucks for a 3 year football and 2 year basketball season ticket holder (on my own) like myself. At any rate, I'm not a big fan of Chicago, so this could be a blessing. Instead of spending money there, I can support some local BloNo business that will have the game on.

Retire 12
Sophomore
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:41 am

I don't have season tickets, I have single game tickets, but I called yesterday to find out when they would be sent.

Person on the other end had zero idea. None. Thought they were printed and mailed already, then asked someone who said 2 weeks before.

ricohill
Junior
Posts: 588
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:49 am

Retire 12 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:41 am
I don't have season tickets, I have single game tickets, but I called yesterday to find out when they would be sent.

Person on the other end had zero idea. None. Thought they were printed and mailed already, then asked someone who said 2 weeks before.
No one has any idea what is going on. They must not track if tickets are sent. I've had a couple occasions where I ordered tickets, I called, was told they were sent, and ended up I had to go to will call to get them when they realized they were just sitting there.

Plus, I never got my parking pass with my football tickets this year and that was a huge hassle trying to get them to give me one.

Morans14
Freshman
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:54 am

Adunk33 wrote:My only issue with not having the tickets yet, as alluded to in the Loyola thread, is they often send the away game ticket order form through the mail too where you can order tickets through ISU's allotment. Since it seems all other tickets to the game at Loyola are sold out, one's next best bet to get tickets at a reasonable price is through that form. Which, given how the tickets are selling to that game, they may end up having to use priority points to assign tickets. Sucks for a 3 year football and 2 year basketball season ticket holder (on my own) like myself. At any rate, I'm not a big fan of Chicago, so this could be a blessing. Instead of spending money there, I can support some local BloNo business that will have the game on.
Priority points will be used to determine seating. That is how it always is.

Fun fact...buying season tickets to women's sports is cheap and it helps boost your points total.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1511
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Morans14 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:54 am
Adunk33 wrote:My only issue with not having the tickets yet, as alluded to in the Loyola thread, is they often send the away game ticket order form through the mail too where you can order tickets through ISU's allotment. Since it seems all other tickets to the game at Loyola are sold out, one's next best bet to get tickets at a reasonable price is through that form. Which, given how the tickets are selling to that game, they may end up having to use priority points to assign tickets. Sucks for a 3 year football and 2 year basketball season ticket holder (on my own) like myself. At any rate, I'm not a big fan of Chicago, so this could be a blessing. Instead of spending money there, I can support some local BloNo business that will have the game on.
Priority points will be used to determine seating. That is how it always is.

Fun fact...buying season tickets to women's sports is cheap and it helps boost your points total.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know about the priority points to determine seating. I'm not meaning to complain about that. I'm just guessing they haven't had to use the priority points system for an away basketball game before.

I'll have volleyball and wbb next season!

Reggie Redbird
Sophomore
Posts: 304
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:02 pm

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:42 am

A few thoughts:

1.) This is not the first season ticket issue for me. I have had some sort of season ticket issues a majority of the last five years, which is disappointing. For the cost of season tickets and the mandatory "donation," this shouldn't happen as much as it does.

2.) As a way to say to season ticket holders, "We apologize for any inconvenience." versus just saying words that become hollow when used over and over: Set aside the following offer each season ticket holder using a code for two free tickets: once the tickets are claimed, that game is closed.

2,000 tickets set aside for Lewis Ex game
2,000 tickets set aside for Augie Ex game
1,000 or 2,000 tickets set aside for Chicago State game
1,000 2,000 tickets set aside for Lindenwood game

Unlimited tickets set aside for any WBB game. Heck, give a code for free tickets to any WBB game to all MBB and FB season ticket holders. A lot of WBB season ticket holders have MBB and FB seats already, so it's likely they would bring someone extra to the game.

Why not use this as an opportunity to get people to the arena, check out the teams, and maybe spend some money on concessions, merchandise, etc.

Redbird Alum 2004
Junior
Posts: 558
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 pm

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:52 am

Anyone know if either exhibition game will be televised or on the radio? The schedule doesn't show anything for those two games

bb fan
Junior
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:44 am

Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:54 am

Perhaps I missed something, but I do not recall issues in the past with season tix. This is our 40th season of men's basketball season tix. I don't recall many issues over the decades. Certainly nothing on this level.

I do agree totally the admins need to do something to address this situation, and turn it into opportunity. Excellent ideas, Reggie. It's not too late to cook up something.

ChiRedbirdfan
Senior
Posts: 1245
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:46 am

Embrace technology and go e ticket as many sports teams have done. Faster, less expensive, no sloppy staff issues, more convenient for the university and especially more convenient for the season ticket holder. All the head aches go away.

schoolsportsfan
Freshman
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:04 am

Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:49 am

The entire ticket office at ISU is joke. I purchased single game tickets last week. Here are some issues I encountered:

***The 2017-18 season ticket guide was the guide that was posted on the website. Last year's guide! Why? Who is responsible for making sure the 2018-19 guide is listed? Instead we have the 17-18 guide posted listing a marquee game against Bradley on January 17 on our website in mid-October. It's a joke. Hmmm...that was last year! To their credit, this has since been taken down after bringing it to their attention.

***When purchasing single game tickets, there were seats available in the upper bowl that did not require a contribution to the Weisbecker Fund. But, as you attempted purchase the same seat for future games, all of a sudden a donation was required. In talking to the ticket office, they explained that this was a mistake which was caught and that the donation should never have been required for the upper bowl seats. Why was this not discovered before tickets went on sale? Who is responsible for these errors and why is it tolerated? We all know the answer--no one has the guts to call out the ticket manager and get someone in there that knows what is going on and acknowledges there is real problem.

***They have a policy that when purchasing tickets, you cannot leave one seat empty. I need two tickets. There are three seats in a row available but since I only need two, I cannot buy two of those three seats because it leaves one empty Therefore, I am forced to find a row that has 2, 4, 5, 6, etc. seats together so one seat is not left--even if that means the row might be in a less desirable location than the seats where three were available. So, the person who goes online 4-5 weeks from now and needs three tickets can scoop up those seats but the person who wanted to get in early for a better selection is left in the dust because of the policy. To show how stupid this policy is, I tried to buy 12 of the available 13 seats in the top row of upper bowl section MM for the Lindenwood game (where we will be lucky to have 5,000 people. When I checked out, the system told me I could not leave just one seat open and therefore I could not buy the tickets. Again, in talking with the ticket manager, I got the company line---this is industry standard. I don't care if it is industry standard---this is ISU and not Duke or Kansas. We don't sell out nor do we come close. If somebody wants to buy 2 tickets and leaves one seat open, so be it. Reward the people who get in early--don't punish them. You are rewarding the people who come in late or those who need a number of tickets that don't leave a single seat. It might be the industry standard for venues that sell out; but it is a terrible policy for Illinois State. It doesn't pass the eye test for ISU. When we start selling out, you can have that policy. In the meantime, sell every ticket you can whenever somebody wants tickets. Get bodies in the seats--don't drive people away

Unfortunately, they do not listed to us at the Ticket Office. They don't care what we think and act as if we don't know anything. The people in charge don't care because they believe they know it all. I feel bad for the college kids who are put in bad situations.

Wake up ISU Ticket Office...get your act together. Games start this Tuesday and you don't have season tickets to the season ticket holders yet. You need a fresh dose of reality and that is either start performing or you will be fired.

Flagship08
Freshman
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:29 pm

Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:07 pm

Fair points made except for the not leaving single tickets available. They are correct this is industry practice and for good reason. If the seats are that good I recommend finding a third person to join you. 2 and 4's are always the most popular hence they will be purchased first. Leaving single tickets should be discouraged if we don't want our seats half empty.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests