If you are having problems getting into your account, email me (isuquinndog@redbirdfan.net) from the email you signed up with and your username.

Hoopfest 2018

The place to talk Redbird Men's Basketball
Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:48 pm

It is this Friday (10/12) following the volleyball game against Valpo at 6 p.m. The volleyball game is free admission, I recommend going to both. Our VB team is good.

What are you most excited to see at Hoopfest this year?

I'm looking forward to seeing Chastain healthy and seeing what Copeland can do. Technically this is their first year, but they have already been with the program all last season. These two are going to be key contributors and likely in the top 6 rotation come game time. We know what we are getting from the seniors, but who else steps up? I'm thinking these two are primary candidates. I believe Chas to be the spark off the bench, bring the energy, and make everyone on the court play harder. People will find out that Cope is not just a 3 pt shooter. He is a scorer in all facets.

I know we won't see much from a technical standpoint, the scrimmage will be a glorified pickup game, but I can't wait to see these guys on the court.

vbird
Freshman
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm

Is there a scrimmage this year? Goredbirds press release just mentions the 3 pt contest, dunk contest, and autographs. Scrimmage isn’t mentioned.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:13 pm

vbird wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:08 pm
Is there a scrimmage this year? Goredbirds press release just mentions the 3 pt contest, dunk contest, and autographs. Scrimmage isn’t mentioned.
Good question. I hope there is. Missed opportunity otherwise.

Also, Muller is on the record saying he hates dunk contests. So in the past they've done a layup line where he told the players to dunk.

There has been a scrimmage every year that I have gone. I'm not sure why it would change. Then again, this is the first year I can remember there being a VB game before the event.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:38 pm

Yes scrimmage.

User avatar
SoCalRedbird
Sophomore
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:08 pm

Just posted from @Redbird_MBB on Twitter. ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm

Matt Chastain is going to be in the "Dunk off." That should be the most surprising news we hear out of the ISU basketball program this year.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:41 pm

The contest will be between Chastain and Fayne.

SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:08 pm

Adunk33 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:23 pm
Matt Chastain is going to be in the "Dunk off." That should be the most surprising news we hear out of the ISU basketball program this year.
He was the easy "warm ups dunk off" champion last year
Only ISU Volleyball can take ISU Basketball where it needs to go
Image

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:08 pm

3 point competition will be Keyshawn vs Copeland vs Boogie. I think I got Boogie if all they are doing is shooting.

bawhale88
Freshman
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 pm

Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 pm

Anybody willing to videotape Hoopfest and upload?!?

Birdswin
Sophomore
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am

Ok - Why in the world would someone who has had two knee surgeries and is just coming off of the second one, be in a Dunk Contest?????

RedbirdSoxFan
Junior
Posts: 509
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:31 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 am

Birdswin wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am
Ok - Why in the world would someone who has had two knee surgeries and is just coming off of the second one, be in a Dunk Contest?????
I had same thought. Also thinking this was his 3rd knee surgery (1st @ LeRoy HS, 2nd @ Loyola, 3rd this summer).

Birdman85
Freshman
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:18 am

If his knee can't handle dunking it probably a max of five times then there is clearly bigger issues.

DannyCooksey
Junior
Posts: 580
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 am

Personally, I'd be more concerned if Chastain WASN'T in the dunk contest. if he's participating in the contest he must not only be medically cleared but feeling good and strong.

He's a good player and he will help this team a lot.

Adunk33
Senior
Posts: 1509
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:08 am

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:09 am

DannyCooksey wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:22 am
Personally, I'd be more concerned if Chastain WASN'T in the dunk contest. if he's participating in the contest he must not only be medically cleared but feeling good and strong.

He's a good player and he will help this team a lot.
My thought as well. :text-+1:

User avatar
RicoBryson
Freshman
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm
Location: Alabama

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:12 am

bawhale88 wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:34 pm
Anybody willing to videotape Hoopfest and upload?!?
Yeah, a live feed would be sweet...Down here in Alabama, I miss my Birds
"You can look at the menu, but you just can't eat. You can feel the cushions, but you can't have a seat."

HoJo

SgtHulka
Senior
Posts: 822
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:41 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:54 am

Birdswin wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am
Ok - Why in the world would someone who has had two knee surgeries and is just coming off of the second one, be in a Dunk Contest?????
It was him or Hein
Only ISU Volleyball can take ISU Basketball where it needs to go
Image

Jsnhbe1Birds
Senior
Posts: 1290
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:16 am

SgtHulka wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:54 am
Birdswin wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:10 am
Ok - Why in the world would someone who has had two knee surgeries and is just coming off of the second one, be in a Dunk Contest?????
It was him or Hein
LOL :lol:

Hrtnfldhse
Freshman
Posts: 39
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:07 pm

I’m planning on going and will give a report tomorrow.

User avatar
SoCalRedbird
Sophomore
Posts: 229
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 pm

Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:21 pm

Can anyone provide a recap? How'd the new guys look?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


Post Reply
  • Information